The DuchenneXchange is an online environment where individuals and families, from throughout the Duchenne muscular dystrophy community, gather to share life experience, support each other, and access valuable, trustworthy tools and information.
Articles published on the DuchenneXchange should be positive and helpful. The audience consists of fellow members of the Duchenne community. Please refrain from using jargon or overly complex medical terminology. Keep your writing easy to understand, interesting, and conversational.
- Articles should consist of at least 400 words.
- Use headers and subheaders to break up big blocks of text.
- Use bullet points or numbered lists when appropriate.
- Include links to other content, but only if those links add value to the article.
- End the article with a question or a call to action for comments.
- Include 3-4 high-quality images that are at least 600px wide.
- The author must acknowledge ownership of all images.
- The author must permit the DuchenneXchange rights to publish the images as part of the article and for use in promoting the blog.
- Write a brief bio that consists of about 50 words.
- Include a headshot that is at least 250px wide.
- Share links to a personal website, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn.
Conflicts of Interest Disclosures
A conflict of interest may exist when an author has financial or personal relationships that could influence the author’s writing. All authors are expected to report potential conflicts of interest including specific financial interests, activities, relationships, and affiliations relevant to the subject of their blog post.
The article must be completely original and should not have been published elsewhere at any time. The DuchenneXchange reserves the right to republish the article elsewhere, in whole or in part, to promote distribution, use, or engagement.
Once published, please share the article on social networking websites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.) and via email to personal contacts.
Please be available to respond to comments occasionally throughout the day the article is published and from time to time over the five days that follow.
Questions or Comments
Any questions or comments can be sent to Josh Argall, Community Manager, using the contact form located in the menu on the left side of the page.