This Code of Conduct describes the expectations and conditions that rareLife solutions, inc. (“rareLife solutions”), and rareLife solutions’ collaborator, CureDuchenne—a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a mission to save this generation of children and adults with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (“CureDuchenne”, together with rareLife solutions “we” or “our” or “us”) have and may enforce with respect to your use of the onevoice website located at https://www.duchennexchange.org/ (the “Site” or “onevoice”).
onevoice is a “positively-charged” community…and we want to provide a safe and powerful space for encouragement. We hope you are taking on the mantle of being a ‘community member’ means you’re part of the solution. Bring your PMA (positive mental attitude), your realities and strength to onevoice – we need as much “good stuff” as you can muster…
We get it though. Everyone’s life has struggles and rough patches, and you’re welcome and invited to share those as well.
- Posting or linking to material that is unlawful, obscene, derogatory, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- Holding yourself out on the Site as a healthcare professional or otherwise misrepresenting your licensure, specialty, certification, or other credential or information.
- If you are a healthcare professional: attempting to treat or diagnose a patient or provide any other service or product to a patient on the Site.
- Disclosing in any part of the Site any personally identifiable information (e.g., name, address, etc.), alone or in combination, about a former or current patient or client.
- Under certain circumstances, mostly dealing with Federal Laws about approved drug marketing and advertising, posting or linking to information about certain pharmaceutical products or medical devices.
- Participation or use of the site for any purpose in violation of applicable local, state, federal, or international laws.
- Posting or linking to content that infringes, misappropriates or violates the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of third parties or their privacy or publicity rights.
- Failing to disclose your affiliation with a company or association if you make comments about, for the benefit of, or on behalf of such company or association.
- Sending or posting viruses or other harmful computer code.
- Collecting or harvesting of information about others, including email addresses, without our prior written approval.
- Creating or using an account to impersonate another person.
- Creating or registering more than one name and/or e-mail address.
- Granting another person access to use your account to post or view comments.
- Posting excessively or “spamming,” including repeatedly posting the same comment or content, including advertisements, business solicitations, chain letters, or pyramid schemes.
- Participating on the Site by persons under 13 years of age.
- Disrupting conversations and communications repeatedly or posting unrelated comments to a particular topic.
- Using the Site in a manner that prevents another person from participating in the Site or exposes us or any community member’s or our Collaborators to potential liability or detriment of any kind.
With respect to enforcing our Code of Conduct, we reserve the right to:
- Record the conversations or content on the Site.
- Investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our sole discretion, is alleged to or violates the Terms or this Code of Conduct.
- Remove offending content from the Site, including any content that we determine, in our sole discretion, to be unlawful, obscene, derogatory, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or that otherwise fails to conform to the Terms or this Code of Conduct.
- Suspend or terminate the access of such violators to the Site.
- Report violations to the law enforcement authorities.
- Terminate a user’s access to the Site if the user’s registration information and/or e-mail address is no longer valid.
- Monitor, edit, or disclose any communication on the Site.
- Edit or permanently remove any communication posted on the Site, even if not violative.
- Take any other action that we deem necessary to protect the personal safety of community members or the public.
Although community members can remove, edit, or delete posts at any time, you should avoid posting personally identifiable or confidential information on the Site (e.g., full name, e-mail addresses, etc.). However, we recognize that there may be certain situations where personally identifiable information is posted despite our monitoring of the Site. Accordingly, if you are unable to remove or delete such content (e.g., posted by another community member), we may require you to pay an administrative fee to remove each posting.
Last Updated: July 27, 2018
rareLife solutions, Inc.
53 Water St, 2nd Floor
South Norwalk, CT 06854
© 2018 rareLife solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.