welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
A Double-blind, Escalating Dose, Randomized, Placebo-controlled Study Assessing PK, Safety, Tolerability in Non-ambulant DMD Subjects
study id #: NCT01128855
condition: Muscular Dystrophies
The purpose of this study is investigate the pharmacokinetics, safety and tolerability of single subcutaneous administration of GSK2402968 in non-ambulant boys with Duchenne muscular dystrophy
3 mg/kg GSK2402968, 6 mg/kg GSK2402968, 9 mg/kg GSK2402968, 12 mg/kg GSK2402968, Placebo
mechanism of action: Exon-skipping to promote dystrophin production
last updated: November 22, 2018
start date: July 12, 2010
estimated completion: October 25, 2011
phase of development: Phase 1
size / enrollment: 20
- Primary Pharmacokinetic Variables: AUC, Cmax,t-max, CL/F [ Time Frame: 35 days ]
- Incidence of Adverse Events [ Time Frame: 35 days ]
- Incidence of Injection Site Reactions [ Time Frame: 35 days ]
• Duchenne muscular dystrophy resulting from a mutation in the DMD gene, confirmed by a sponsor approved DNA diagnostic technique covering all DMD gene exons, including but not limited to MLPA (Multiplex Ligation-dependent Probe Amplification), CGH (Comparative Genomic Hybridisation), SCAIP (Single Condition Amplification/Internal Primer) or H-RMCA (High-Resolution Melting Curve Analysis), and correctable by treatment with GSK2402968.
• Age 9 years old or greater at Screening;
• Non-ambulant (at least 1 year in a wheelchair) within the last 4 years;
• Life expectancy at least three years;
• Willingness and ability to comply with all protocol requirements and procedures;
• QTc <450msec (based on single or average QTc value of triplicate ECGs obtained over a brief recording period). Note: QTc may be either QTcB or QTcF, machine read or manual overread;
• Subjects must be willing to use adequate contraception (condoms or abstinence), from Screening until at least 5 months after the last dose of study drug;
• Informed assent and/or consent in writing signed by the subject and/or parent(s)/legal guardian (according to local regulations).
• Any additional mutation (such as an additional missing exon for DMD) that cannot be treated with GSK2402968;
• Current or history of liver or renal disease;
• Acute illness within 4 weeks of anticipated administration of study medication, which may interfere with study assessments;
• Use of anticoagulants, antithrombotics or antiplatelet agents, previous treatment with investigational drugs, idebenone or other forms of Coenzyme Q10, within 6 months of the first administration of study medication;
• Start of glucocorticosteroids within 6 months or non-stable use of glucocorticosteroids within 3 months of the anticipated first administration of study medication;
• Positive hepatitis B surface antigen (HbsAg), hepatitis C antibody test (HCV), or human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) test at Screening;
• Symptomatic cardiomyopathy;
• Use of alcohol from Screening through to the 1 month Follow-up visit;
• Any Child in Care.
Safety, Tolerability and Effects of L-Arginine in Boys With Dystrophinopathy on CorticosteroidsThe purpose of the study is to assess th...
Solid Biosciences Reports Third Quarter 2018 Financial Results And Provides Business UpdateSolid Biosciences Inc. today reported fi...
Treatment Effect of Tamoxifen on Patients With DMDDuchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is a p...
Wave Life Sciences Receives US Orphan Drug and Rare Pediatric Disease Designations for WVE-210201Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
Allogeneic Human Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cells for a Single Male Patient With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (D...This research study is designed to evalu...
Clinical Intramuscular Gene Transfer of rAAV1.CMV.huFollistatin344 Trial to Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystroph...The proposed clinical trial is an outgro...
Sodium Nitrate to Improve Blood FlowInvestigators recently showed that tadal...
Phase 1 Study of Edasalonexent (CAT-1004), an Oral NF-κB Inhibitor, in Pediatric Patients with Duchenne Muscular Dy...Background: Edasalonexent is an orally ...
Catabasis Pharmaceuticals Announces Publication Of Phase 1 Clinical Results Of Edasalonexent (CAT-1004) In Duchenne ...Catabasis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clini...
Safety and efficacy of drisapersen for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DEMAND II): an exploratory, ran...Background: Duchenne muscular dystrophy...