welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
A Phase 1b Study of SMT C1100 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
study id #: NCT02056808
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
The purpose of this study is to determine whether increasing doses of SMT C1100 are safe, well tolerated and achieve appropriate blood levels in patients with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD).
intervention: SMT C1100
mechanism of action: Utophin modulator to promote utophin production
last updated: November 22, 2018
start date: November 2013
estimated completion: May 2014
phase of development: Phase 1
size / enrollment: 12
Primary Objective: To determine the safety and tolerability of single and multiple oral doses of SMT C1100 in patients with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD).
Secondary Objectives: To determine the single and multiple oral dose pharmacokinetics of SMT C1100 and its metabolites in patients with DMD.
- Safety and tolerability [ Time Frame: After 10 days of treatment phase ]
To determine the safety and tolerability of single and multiple oral doses of SMT C1100 in patients with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) by assessing the participants adverse events, ECG results, vital signs and laboratory tests.
- Pharmacokinetic parameters at different dose levels [ Time Frame: After single oral dose and after 10 days of treatment phase ]
Plasma concentration of SMT C1100 calculated at each time point for each subject (sample size (n), mean, standard deviation (SD), percentage of coefficient of variation (%CV), geometric mean, median, minimum, and maximum for the parent and the major metabolites.
• Patients will be males of any ethnic origin with a genetic diagnosis of DMD.
• Children between 5 and 11 years of age.
• A parent/legal guardian must date and sign a written consent on behalf of the patient, according to International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) and local regulations. This person must understand the contents of the consent, requirements of the study and have had an opportunity to review questions with a medically trained member of the site study team.
• The patient is willing to give verbal or written age appropriate assent to participate.
• For safety reasons, the patient's parent/legal guardian must have a good understanding of the English language, as this is the only language the consent/assent forms are written in, and understand the requirements for reporting of any adverse event to the Investigator.
• Enrollment or participation in any therapeutic clinical trial within the prior 3 months or 5 times the half-life (whichever is longer).
• Initiation or change (other than dose modifications for body weight) of systemic corticosteroid therapy within 2 months prior to the start of dose administration or discontinuation of corticosteroids within 30 days prior to the start of dose administration.
• Known hypersensitivity to the excipients of the study drug or a previous history of drug allergy.
• Use of the following therapies is prohibited during the study and for at least 5 half-lives prior to the start of dose administration: Inducers of cytochrome P450 CYP1A2 (eg, carbamazepine, phenytoin, primidone, rifampin, omeprazole, and barbiturates), and moderate and strong inhibitors of CYP1A2 (e.g., fluvoxamine, ciprofloxacin, enoxacin, mexiletine; propafenone, zileuton). Substrates of CYP1A2 with narrow therapeutic windows (e.g., tacrine, theophylline, methadone, mexiletine). Nicotine, including exposure to daily passive smoking to minimize cytochrome P450 CYP 1A induction. Chargrilled food, cruciferous vegetables, caffeine, tea, and any xanthine containing foods, and drinks are prohibited from 36 hours prior to check-in until final discharge from study. Herbal supplements and homeopathic preparations (unless approved by medical monitor).
• Need for mechanical ventilation.
• Non ambulatory.
• Any clinically significant acute illness within 4 weeks of the start of dose administration.
• Any co-morbidity that, in the opinion of the Investigator, increases the risk of participating in the study.
• Symptomatic cardiomyopathy that in the opinion of the Investigator prohibits participation in this study.
• Abnormality in the 12-lead ECG that, in the opinion of the Investigator, increases the risk of participating in the study.
• Any clinically significant medical condition, other than DMD that in the opinion of the Investigator may increase the risk of participating in the study or interfere with the interpretation of safety or efficacy evaluations (e.g., concomitant illness, psychiatric condition or behavioral disorder).
• Exposure to daily passive smoking (including parent/legal guardian, siblings) so as to minimize environmental factors causing cytochrome P450 CYP 1A induction. For information SMT C1100 is metabolized by cytochrome P450 CYP 1A.
• Excessive exercise (Investigator opinion).
A Study to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, and Pharmacokinetics of a Single Dose of SRP-5051 in Patients With Duc...The purpose of this study is to evaluate...
PhaseOut DMD: a Phase 2, proof of concept, clinical study of utrophin modulation with ezutromidThis study investigates the hypothesis t...
Safety, Tolerability, and Pharmacokinetics of SMT C1100, a 2-Arylbenzoxazole Utrophin Modulator, following Single- a...Purpose: SMT C1100 is a utrophin modula...
Improved Muscle Function in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Through L-Arginine and MetforminThe purpose of the study is to show that...
A 2-Part Study to Assess the Safety and Tolerability, pk, Effects on Histology and Some Clinical Parameters of Givin...This is a 2-part, phase 2 study to asses...
A Study of TAS-205 for Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe objective of this study is to evalua...
Modified Diet Trial: A Study of SMT C1100 in Paediatric Patients With DMD Who Follow a Balanced DietPlacebo-controlled, multi-centre, random...
Future Clinical And Biomarker Development For SMT C1100, The First Utrophin Modulator To Enter Clinical Trials For D...Objective: To progress SMT C1100, Summi...
Summit announces PhaseOut DMD did not meet primary endpointSummit Therapeutics announced today that...
DuchenneXchange Clinical Trial Finder LaunchesThe DuchenneXchange Clinical Trial Finde...