welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study of SRP-9001 for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
study id #: NCT03769116
condition: Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne
status: active, not recruitingpurpose:
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and efficacy of exogenous gene transfer in DMD patients by measuring biological and clinical endpoints in two parts: a 48-week randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled period (Part 1), and a 96-week, double-blinded extension period (Part 2).
intervention: SRP-9001, Placebo
mechanism of action: Gene therapy to introduce a version of dystrophin
last updated: February 03, 2020
start date: December 22, 2018
estimated completion: October 10, 2022
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 41
- Incidence of Serious Adverse Events (SAEs) [ Time Frame: Up to Week 144 ]
- Incidence of Treatment Emergent Adverse Events (TEAEs) [ Time Frame: Up to Week 144 ]
- Change From Baseline in Quantity of Microdystrophin Protein Expression Measured by Western Blot [ Time Frame: Baseline up to Week 12 ]
- Change From Baseline in North Star Ambulatory Assessment (NSAA) Total Score [ Time Frame: Baseline up to Week 48 ]
- Change From Baseline in Time to Rise From the Floor and Ascend 4 Steps [ Time Frame: Baseline up to Week 48 ]
- Change From Baseline in Time of 10 Meter and 100 Meter Timed Test [ Time Frame: Baseline up to Week 48 ]
• Eligible Sexes: male
• Established clinical diagnosis of DMD and documented dystrophin gene mutation of DMD phenotype.
• Indication of symptomatic muscular dystrophy by protocol-specified criteria.
• Ability to cooperate with motor assessment testing.
• Stable dose equivalent of oral corticosteroids for at least 12 weeks.
• Impaired cardiovascular function on ECHO.
• Prior or ongoing medical condition on physical examination, ECG, or laboratory findings that could adversely affect subject safety, compromise completion of follow-up, or impair assessment of study results.
• Exposure to another investigational drug or exon skipping medication within months.
• Exposure to an investigational or commercial gene therapy product.
• Abnormal liver or renal function by protocol-specified criteria
Phase 3 Study of Ataluren in Patients With Nonsense Mutation Duchenne Muscular DystrophyDystrophinopathy is a disease continuum ...
Study of Ataluren in Previously Treated Participants With Nonsense Mutation Dystrophinopathy (nmDBMD)The objective of this study is to assess...
From Flask to Vat: The Challenges of Scaling Up Gene TherapyOver the past two decades, gene therapy ...
Safety and Dose Finding Study of NS-065/NCNP-01 in Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The main objective of this study is to e...
Clinical trial of gene therapy for Duchenne muscular dystrophy underway at University of Florida HealthScreening has resumed in a clinical tria...
Potential DMD Therapy Vamorolone Shows Positive Effects in Phase 2a Trial, Study ReportsVamorolone, a Duchenne muscular dystroph...
Extension Study of BMN 044 in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The aim of this study is to provide cont...
Shape Therapeutics’s RNA Editing Gene Therapy Platform Focused on Curing Genetic DiseasesShape Therapeutics, Inc. (ShapeTx), a de...
A phase 2 trial of the safety and pharmacokinetics of ataluren in patients aged 2 to 5 years with nonsense mutation ...Nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dyst...