welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study of SRP-9001 for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
study id #: NCT03769116
condition: Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and efficacy of exogenous gene transfer in DMD patients by measuring biological and clinical endpoints in two parts: a 48-week randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled period (Part 1), and a 96-week, double-blinded extension period (Part 2).
intervention: SRP-9001, Placebo
mechanism of action: Gene therapy to introduce a version of dystrophin
last updated: January 21, 2019
start date: December 22, 2018
estimated completion: December 31, 2021
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 24
- Incidence of Serious Adverse Events (SAEs) [ Time Frame: Up to 144 weeks ]
- Incidence of Treatment Emergent Adverse Events (TEAEs) [ Time Frame: Up to 144 weeks ]
- Incidence of Adverse Events of Special Interest (AESIs) [ Time Frame: Up to 144 weeks ]
- Change from Baseline in Quantity of Microdystrophin Protein Expression [ Time Frame: Baseline, Week 12 ]
• Established clinical diagnosis of DMD and documented dystrophin gene mutation of DMD phenotype.
• Indication of symptomatic muscular dystrophy by protocol-specified criteria.
• Ability to cooperate with motor assessment testing.
• Stable dose equivalent of oral corticosteroids for at least 12 weeks.
• Impaired cardiovascular function on ECHO.
• Prior or ongoing medical condition on physical examination, ECG, or laboratory findings that could adversely affect subject safety, compromise completion of follow-up, or impair assessment of study results.
• Exposure to another investigational drug or exon skipping medication within months.
• Exposure to an investigational or commercial gene therapy product.
• Abnormal liver or renal function by protocol-specified criteria
Extension Study of BMN 044 in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The aim of this study is to provide cont...
PhaseOut DMD: a Phase 2, proof of concept, clinical study of utrophin modulation with ezutromidThis study investigates the hypothesis t...
A Clinical Study to Assess Two Doses of GSK2402968 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The purpose of this study is to determin...
Study of SRP-4045 and SRP-4053 in DMD PatientsThe main objective of this study is to e...
Extension Study of ACE-031 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyTo evaluate the long-term safety and tol...
An Extension Study of Ataluren (PTC124) in Participants With Nonsense Mutation DystrophinopathyThe primary objective of this study is t...
Sarepta Therapeutics Announces that Phase 1/2a Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) Micro-Dystrophin Gene Therapy Trial...Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc., a commercia...
FDA and NIH to loosen oversight of gene therapy developmentCiting the need to safely expedite the d...
UCLA research could be first step toward healing the hearts of children with DuchenneAfter a progressive weakening of the mus...
CRISPR: Gene editing and beyondhttps://youtu.be/4YKFw2KZA5o...