welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study of SRP-9001 for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
study id #: NCT03769116
condition: Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne
status: active, not recruitingpurpose:
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and efficacy of exogenous gene transfer in DMD patients by measuring biological and clinical endpoints in three parts: two 48-week randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled periods (Part 1 and Part 2), and an open-label follow-up period (Part 3). Patients who are randomized to placebo in Part 1 will have the opportunity for treatment with SRP-9001 in Part 2.
intervention: SRP-9001, Placebo
mechanism of action: Gene therapy to introduce a version of dystrophin
last updated: October 06, 2020
start date: December 22, 2018
estimated completion: December 31, 2020
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 41
- Change From Baseline in Quantity of Micro-dystrophin Protein Expression as Measured by Western Blot [ Time Frame: Baseline up to Week 12 (Part 1) ]
- Change From Baseline in North Star Ambulatory Assessment (NSAA) Total Score [ Time Frame: Baseline up to Week 48 (Part 1) ]
- Change From Baseline in Time to Rise From the Floor [ Time Frame: Baseline up to Week 48 (Part 1) ]
- Change From Baseline in Time to Ascend 4 Steps [ Time Frame: Baseline up to Week 48 (Part 1) ]
- Change From Baseline in Time of 10 Meter Timed Test [ Time Frame: Baseline up to Week 48 (Part 1) ]
- Change From Baseline in Time of 100 Meter Timed Test [ Time Frame: Baseline up to Week 48 (Part 1) ]
- Change From Baseline in Quantity of Micro-dystrophin Expression Measured by Immunofluorescence (IF) Fiber Intensity [ Time Frame: Baseline up to Week 12 (Part 1) ]
- Change From Baseline in Quantity of Micro-dystrophin Expression Measured by IF Percent Dystrophin Positive Fibers (PDPF) [ Time Frame: Baseline up to Week 12 (Part 1) ]
• Eligible Sexes: male
• Established clinical diagnosis of DMD and documented dystrophin gene mutation of DMD phenotype.
• Indication of symptomatic muscular dystrophy by protocol-specified criteria.
• Ability to cooperate with motor assessment testing.
• Stable dose equivalent of oral corticosteroids for at least 12 weeks.
• Impaired cardiovascular function on ECHO.
• Prior or ongoing medical condition on physical examination, ECG, or laboratory findings that could adversely affect subject safety, compromise completion of follow-up, or impair assessment of study results.
• Exposure to another investigational drug or exon skipping medication within months.
• Exposure to an investigational or commercial gene therapy product.
• Abnormal liver or renal function by protocol-specified criteria
Solid Biosciences Reports Third Quarter 2018 Financial Results And Provides Business UpdateSolid Biosciences Inc. today reported fi...
Preliminary Data and Intention to Dose Escalate in IGNITE DMDToday we announced our intention to move...
From Flask to Vat: The Challenges of Scaling Up Gene TherapyOver the past two decades, gene therapy ...
L-citrulline and Metformin in Duchenne’s Muscular DystrophyThe purpose of the study is to show that...
Clinical Management of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: The State of the ArtIntroduction: Duchenne muscular dystrop...
Emerging Therapies for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qtcyz4U...
X-linked recessive genetic defectshttps://medlineplus.gov/ency/imagepages/...