welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study of SRP-9001 for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
study id #: NCT03769116
condition: Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and efficacy of exogenous gene transfer in DMD patients by measuring biological and clinical endpoints in two parts: a 48-week randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled period (Part 1), and a 96-week, double-blinded extension period (Part 2).
intervention: SRP-9001, Placebo
mechanism of action: Gene therapy to introduce a version of dystrophin
last updated: January 21, 2019
start date: December 22, 2018
estimated completion: December 31, 2021
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 24
- Incidence of Serious Adverse Events (SAEs) [ Time Frame: Up to 144 weeks ]
- Incidence of Treatment Emergent Adverse Events (TEAEs) [ Time Frame: Up to 144 weeks ]
- Incidence of Adverse Events of Special Interest (AESIs) [ Time Frame: Up to 144 weeks ]
- Change from Baseline in Quantity of Microdystrophin Protein Expression [ Time Frame: Baseline, Week 12 ]
• Established clinical diagnosis of DMD and documented dystrophin gene mutation of DMD phenotype.
• Indication of symptomatic muscular dystrophy by protocol-specified criteria.
• Ability to cooperate with motor assessment testing.
• Stable dose equivalent of oral corticosteroids for at least 12 weeks.
• Impaired cardiovascular function on ECHO.
• Prior or ongoing medical condition on physical examination, ECG, or laboratory findings that could adversely affect subject safety, compromise completion of follow-up, or impair assessment of study results.
• Exposure to another investigational drug or exon skipping medication within months.
• Exposure to an investigational or commercial gene therapy product.
• Abnormal liver or renal function by protocol-specified criteria
Nearly Half of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Patients Are Candidates for Gene TherapiesMore than 40 percent of boys with Duchen...
PoC Study to Assess Activity and Safety of SMT C1100 (Ezutromid) in Boys With DMDA Phase 2 Clinical Study to Assess the A...
Wave Life Sciences Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Clinical Trial Selected for FDA Complex Innovative Trial Designs Pilo...Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
Duchenne research fundedScientists at the UCLA Eli and Edythe Br...
NCATS, FDA Co-Host Workshop on Gene Therapy for Rare Diseases“We are now at the point of translatin...
Bone Marrow-Derived Autologous Stem Cells for the Treatment of Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis study is single arm, single center ...
RotM: Interview with Prof. Steve WinderFor our recent Researcher of the Month, ...