welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Phase III Study of Edasalonexent in Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (PolarisDMD)
study id #: NCT03703882
condition: Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne
status: active, not recruitingpurpose:
The PolarisDMD study is a Phase 3, global study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of edasalonexent in pediatric patients with a genetically confirmed diagnosis of DMD. Male patients from 4-7 years of age (up to 8th birthday) will be enrolled.
Edasalonexent is an orally administered small molecule that inhibits NF-kB, which is the key link between loss of dystrophin and disease pathology and plays a fundamental role in the initiation and progression of skeletal and cardiac muscle disease in DMD.
intervention: Edasalonexent, Placebo
mechanism of action: NF-KB inhibitor to prevent muscle damage and promote muscle regeneration
last updated: October 21, 2019
start date: October 2, 2018
estimated completion: June 2020
phase of development: Phase 3
size / enrollment: 131
The study includes a 52-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled period, followed by a 2-week follow- up. Approximately 125 boys with DMD will be enrolled in this trial, with 2 boys receiving edasalonexent for every 1 boy receiving placebo.
Following completion of the treatment period, patients may elect to continue in a separate open-label extension study.
- Change from baseline in North Star Ambulatory Assessment (NSAA) [Time Frame: 52 Weeks]
- Safety and tolerability measured by number of treatment- emergent adverse events (TEAEs) and serious adverse events (SAEs) [Time Frame: 52 Weeks]
- Change from baseline in 10-meter walk/run test [Time Frame: 52 Weeks]
- Change from baseline in time to stand from supine [Time Frame: 52 Weeks]
- Change from baseline in 4-stair climb [Time Frame: 52 Weeks]
• Written consent/assent by patient and/or legal guardian as per regional and/or Institutional Review Board (IRB)/Independent Ethics Committee (IEC) requirements
• Diagnosis of DMD based on a clinical phenotype with increased serum creatine kinase (CK) and documentation of mutation(s) in the dystrophin gene known to be associated with a DMD phenotype
• Able to perform stand from supine without assistance in =< 10 seconds
• Able to perform the 10MWT and 4-stair climb
• Followed by a doctor or medical professional who coordinates Duchenne care on a regular basis and willingness to disclose patient's study participation with medical professionals
• Use of corticosteroids within 24 weeks prior to Day 1; use of inhaled, intranasal, and topical corticosteroids is permitted
• Use of another investigational drug, idebenone, or dystrophin-focused therapy within 4 weeks. Exception: Patients who have received at least 24 weeks of a stable dose of eteplirsen prior to Day 1, and expected to continue treatment, will be eligible
• Use of the following within 4 weeks prior to Day 1: immunosuppressive therapy, warfarin, phenytoin, S mephenytoin, cyclosporine, dihydroergotamine, ergotamine, fentanyl, alfentanil, pimozide, quinidine, sirolimus, tacrolimus, or paclitaxel
• Use of human growth hormone within 3 months prior to Day 1
• Other prior or ongoing significant medical conditions
An Open-label Extension Study To Evaluate Safety Of PF-06252616 In Boys With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis study is an open-label extension to...
Systemic Gene Delivery Clinical Trial for Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe proposed clinical trial is a single-...
Strength Training in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyDuchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is a d...
Catabasis Pharmaceuticals Initiates Phase 3 PolarisDMD Clinical Trial For Edasalonexent In Duchenne Muscular Dystrop...Catabasis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clini...
Phase IIa trial in Duchenne muscular dystrophy shows vamorolone is a first-in-class dissociative steroidal anti-infl...We report a first-in-patient study of va...
Study of DS-5141b in Patients With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis is a phase I/II study to evaluate t...
Antisense Therapeutics to commence muscular dystrophy trialsAntisense Therapeutics is planning to un...
Novo Biosciences achieves major milestones in moving trodusquemine into clinical trialsNovo Biosciences Inc., has achieved seve...
An Update on Clinical Trial Innovation for Duchenne – a Master Protocol SharePPMD is committed to making research and...