welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Phase III Study of Edasalonexent in Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (PolarisDMD)
study id #: NCT03703882
condition: Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne
The PolarisDMD study is a Phase 3, global study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of edasalonexent in pediatric patients with a genetically confirmed diagnosis of DMD. Male patients from 4-7 years of age (up to 8th birthday) will be enrolled.
Edasalonexent is an orally administered small molecule that inhibits NF-kB, which is the key link between loss of dystrophin and disease pathology and plays a fundamental role in the initiation and progression of skeletal and cardiac muscle disease in DMD.
intervention: Edasalonexent, Placebo
mechanism of action: NF-KB inhibitor to prevent muscle damage and promote muscle regeneration
last updated: July 19, 2019
start date: October 2, 2018
estimated completion: June 2020
phase of development: Phase 3
size / enrollment: 125
The study includes a 52-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled period, followed by a 2-week follow- up. Approximately 125 boys with DMD will be enrolled in this trial, with 2 boys receiving edasalonexent for every 1 boy receiving placebo.
Following completion of the treatment period, patients may elect to continue in a separate open-label extension study.
- Change from baseline in North Star Ambulatory Assessment (NSAA) [Time Frame: 52 Weeks]
- Safety and tolerability measured by number of treatment- emergent adverse events (TEAEs) and serious adverse events (SAEs) [Time Frame: 52 Weeks]
- Change from baseline in 10-meter walk/run test [Time Frame: 52 Weeks]
- Change from baseline in time to stand from supine [Time Frame: 52 Weeks]
- Change from baseline in 4-stair climb [Time Frame: 52 Weeks]
• Written consent/assent by patient and/or legal guardian as per regional and/or Institutional Review Board (IRB)/Independent Ethics Committee (IEC) requirements
• Diagnosis of DMD based on a clinical phenotype with increased serum creatine kinase (CK) and documentation of mutation(s) in the dystrophin gene known to be associated with a DMD phenotype
• Able to perform stand from supine without assistance in =< 10 seconds
• Able to perform the 10MWT and 4-stair climb
• Followed by a doctor or medical professional who coordinates Duchenne care on a regular basis and willingness to disclose patient's study participation with medical professionals
• Use of corticosteroids within 24 weeks prior to Day 1; use of inhaled, intranasal, and topical corticosteroids is permitted
• Use of another investigational drug, idebenone, or dystrophin-focused therapy within 4 weeks. Exception: Patients who have received at least 24 weeks of a stable dose of eteplirsen prior to Day 1, and expected to continue treatment, will be eligible
• Use of the following within 4 weeks prior to Day 1: immunosuppressive therapy, warfarin, phenytoin, S mephenytoin, cyclosporine, dihydroergotamine, ergotamine, fentanyl, alfentanil, pimozide, quinidine, sirolimus, tacrolimus, or paclitaxel
• Use of human growth hormone within 3 months prior to Day 1
• Other prior or ongoing significant medical conditions
MoveDMD: phase 2 trial of edasalonexent, an NF-κB inhibitor, in 4 to 7-year old patients with Duchenne muscular dys...NF-κB is activated from infancy in DMD,...
Potential DMD Therapy Vamorolone Shows Positive Effects in Phase 2a Trial, Study ReportsVamorolone, a Duchenne muscular dystroph...
HT-100 Long-term Study in DMD Patients Who Completed HALO-DMD-02This study, HALO-DMD-03, is a follow-on ...
Transplantation of Myoblasts to Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) PatientsThis Phase I/II of the clinical trial is...
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy < 18y in Norway: Genotype/Phenotype, Growth, Puberty, Bone Health and Quality of LifeThe study will give a consent based epid...
Bone Marrow-Derived Autologous Stem Cells for the Treatment of Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis study is single arm, single center ...
Becker Muscular Dystrophy – A Natural History Study to Predict Efficacy of Exon SkippingThis is a multi-center natural history s...
Rare diseases require unique approaches in clinical trial designThere are 7,000 known rare diseases and ...
Catabasis Quarterly: Updates on edasalonexent and clinical trialsHappy New Year! As 2019 kicks off, our P...
DMD clinical therapies II: P.135 DMD-HUB: expanding clinical trial capacity for Duchenne muscular dystrophy, 1 year ...The need to increase capacity for Duchen...