welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
A Study of TAS-205 for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
study id #: NCT02246478
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
The objective of this study is to evaluate the safety and pharmacokinetic of TAS-205 in patients with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
intervention: TAS-205, Placebo
mechanism of action: HPGDS inhibitor to modulate effects of inflammation
last updated: November 22, 2018
start date: September 2014
estimated completion: September 2015
phase of development: Phase 1
size / enrollment: 21
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) is the most common fatal genetic disorder diagnosed in childhood, affecting approximately 1 in every 3500 lives male births. DMD patients suffer from a relentless decline in muscle strength that impairs the ability of walking and breathing, resulting in their lives with wheelchairs and loss of upper body function. The objective of this study is to evaluate the safety and pharmacokinetic of TAS-205 after single and multiple doses in DMD patients. It is also evaluated if TAS-205 affects the urinary excretion of pharmacodynamic (PD) marker in DMD patients.
- Incidence of adverse events and side effects as safety [ Time Frame: From the first administration day to the end of the observation period (ie. single-dose phase: 8 days, multiple-doses phase: 14 days) ]
- Peak plasma concentration (Cmax) of TAS-205 [ Time Frame: Administration period (ie. single-dose phase: from single administration day to 48 hours after the administration, multiple-dose phase: from the first administration day to 8 hours after the last administration) ]
- Area under the plasma concentration versus time curve (AUC) of TAS-205 [ Time Frame: Administration period (ie. single-dose phase: from single administration day to 48 hours after the administration, multiple-dose phase: from the first administration day to 8 hours after the last administration) ]
- The urinary excretion of PD marker [ Time Frame: From the day before the administration to the end of the observation period (ie. single dose phase: 9 days, multiple doses phase: 15 days) ]
• Able to give an informed consent. If applicable, able to give an informed assent.
• Male and >= 5 years and < 16 years of age.
• Bodyweight of >= 15.0 kg and < 75.0 kg.
• Phenotypic evidence of DMD.
• Able to take tablets.
• If taking oral glucocorticosteroids no significant change in total daily dosage or dosing regimen after enrollment.
• Confirmed the urinary PD marker over its criteria.
• Able to follow the study protocol.
• Current diagnosis or history of any drug allergy.
• A forced vital capacity (FVC) < 50% of predicted value.
• A left ventricular ejection fraction (EF) < 50% or fractional shortening (FS) < 25% based on echocardiogram (ECHO).
• Ongoing immunosuppressive therapy (other than corticosteroids).
• With severe disease such as hepatic disease, kidney disease and others.
• With any systemic allergic disease or any chronic inflammatory disease.
• Treated with any other investigational agents within 90 days.
• Positive reaction in hepatitis B surface antigen (HbsAg), hepatitis C antibody test (HCV), or human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) test.
PDE Inhibitors in DMD Study (Acute Dosing Study)PDE5A inhibition, which boosts NO-cGMP s...
Clinical Intramuscular Gene Transfer Trial of rAAVrh74.MCK.Micro-Dystrophin to Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystr...The proposed phase I clinical trial is a...
Safety and Efficacy of P-188 NF in DMD PatientsThis is an open-label study to evaluate ...
FibroGen Receives Orphan Drug Designation from the U.S. FDA For Pamrevlumab for the Treatment of Duchenne Muscular D...FibroGen, Inc., a leading biopharmaceu...
Phase IIb Study of PRO045 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe purpose of the study is to see wheth...
FibroGen Receives Fast Track Designation From the U.S. FDA for Pamrevlumab for the Treatment of Idiopathic Pulmonary...FibroGen, Inc., a biopharmaceutical comp...
Trial of Pamrevlumab (FG-3019), in Non-Ambulatory Subjects With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)This is a Phase 2, open-label, single ar...
ReveraGen Announces First Patient Enrollment in International Pivotal Trial of Vamorolone in Duchenne Muscular Dystr...ReveraGen BioPharma, Inc. today announce...
Capricor places Duchenne drug trial on holdCapricor Therapeutics Inc said on Wednes...
Phase 1 Study of Edasalonexent (CAT-1004), an Oral NF-κB Inhibitor, in Pediatric Patients with Duchenne Muscular Dy...Background: Edasalonexent is an orally ...