welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
A Study to Assess Dystrophin Levels in Participants With Nonsense Mutation Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (nmDMD)
study id #: NCT03648827
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
status: active, not recruitingpurpose:
This study is designed to evaluate the ability of ataluren to increase dystrophin protein levels in muscle cells of participants with nmDMD. The study will evaluate the levels of dystrophin before and after 40 weeks of ataluren therapy using muscle biopsies and two validated assay methods, electrochemiluminescence (ECL) and immunohistochemistry.
mechanism of action: Stop codon read through to promote dystrophin production
last updated: August 26, 2020
start date: December 21, 2018
estimated completion: October 30, 2020
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 20
- Percent Change From Baseline in Dystrophin Levels at Week 40, as Measured by ECL [ Time Frame: Baseline, Week 40 ]
The change in levels of dystrophin from baseline in ambulatory nmDMD participants after treatment with ataluren for 40 weeks using quantitative assay, such as ECL.
- Percent Change From Baseline in Dystrophin Levels/Intensity at Week 40, as Determined by a Validated Immunohistochemistry Assay [ Time Frame: Baseline, Week 40 ]
The change in dystrophin levels/intensity from baseline in ambulatory nmDMD participants after 40 weeks of ataluren therapy as determined by a validated immunohistochemistry assay.
• Eligible Sexes: male
• Phenotypic evidence of duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) based on the onset of characteristic clinical symptoms or signs (for example, proximal muscle weakness, waddling gait, and Gowers' maneuver) and an elevated serum creatine kinase (CK). Medical documentation of phenotypic evidence of DMD needs to be provided upon request by the Sponsor's medical monitor.
• Documentation of the presence of a nonsense point mutation in the dystrophin gene as determined by gene sequencing. Review and approval of documentation by sponsor or designee is required prior to enrollment.
• Willing to undergo muscle biopsy.
• Ongoing intravenous (IV) aminoglycoside or IV vancomycin therapy.
• Known contra-indication to muscle biopsy (such as bleeding or clotting disorders).
• Prior or ongoing therapy with ataluren.
• Known hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients or excipients of the study drug (for example, refined polydextrose, polyethylene glycol 3350, poloxamer 407, mannitol 25C, crospovidone XL10, hydroxyethyl cellulose, colloidal silica, magnesium stearate).
• Exposure to another investigational drug within 2 months prior to start of study treatment, or ongoing participation in any interventional clinical trial.
• Requirement for daytime ventilator assistance or any use of invasive mechanical ventilation via tracheostomy. Evening non-invasive mechanical ventilation such as use of bilevel positive airway pressure (Bi-PAP) therapy is allowed.
• Elevated serum creatinine or cystatin C levels at screening.
• Prior or ongoing medical condition (for example, concomitant illness, psychiatric condition, behavioral disorder), medical history, physical findings or laboratory abnormality that, in the investigator's opinion, could adversely affect the safety of the participant, makes it unlikely that the course of treatment or follow-up would be completed, or could impair the assessment of study results.
An Extension Study of Ataluren (PTC124) in Participants With Nonsense Mutation DystrophinopathyThe primary objective of this study is t...
Registry of Translarna (Ataluren) in Nonsense Mutation Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis study is being performed as a post-...
Long-Term Outcomes of Ataluren in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis study is a long-term study of atalu...
Phase 3 Study of Ataluren in Participants With Nonsense Mutation Duchenne Muscular DystrophyDystrophinopathy is a disease continuum ...
Results of North Star Ambulatory Assessments (NSAA) in the Phase 3 Ataluren Confirmatory Trial in Patients with Nons...Objective: Examine the efficacy of atal...
Study of Ataluren in >=2 to <5 Year-Old Male Participants With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis is a Phase 2, multiple-dose, open-l...
Study of Ataluren in Previously Treated Participants With Nonsense Mutation Dystrophinopathy (nmDBMD)The objective of this study is to assess...
A phase 2 trial of the safety and pharmacokinetics of ataluren in patients aged 2 to 5 years with nonsense mutation ...Nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dyst...
Clinical trial shows some promise for Duchenne muscular dystrophy drugThe results of an international clinical...
PTC Therapeutics Phase III Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) Clinical TrialPTC Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking pa...
Ataluren in patients with nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dystrophy (ACT DMD): a multicentre, randomised, double...Background: Duchenne muscular dystrophy...