welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
A Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of MNK-1411 in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
study id #: NCT03400852
condition: Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne
This is a multicenter, double blind, placebo controlled, multiple dose study to examine the safety and efficacy of MNK-1411 in male subjects 4 to 8 years of age (inclusive) with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD).
intervention: Cosyntropin, Placebo
mechanism of action: Melanocortin receptor agonist to reduce inflammation and muscle damage
last updated: April 19, 2020
start date: July 17, 2018
estimated completion: February 25, 2020
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 44
- 10 meter walk/run [ Time Frame: 24 weeks ]
Motor performance test
- NorthStar Ambulatory Assessment [ Time Frame: 24 weeks ]
Motor performance battery
- 4 stair climb [ Time Frame: 24 weeks ]
Motor performance test
- Rise from supine test [ Time Frame: 24 weeks ]
Motor performance test
- Quantitative muscle testing [ Time Frame: 24 weeks ]
Strength-knee flexion and extension measured in Newtons, using a dynamometer
• Eligible Sexes: male
• Participants must have a documented diagnosis of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) confirmed by complete dystrophin deficiency (by immunofluorescence and/or immunoblot), or identifiable mutation in the DMD gene where reading frame can be predicated as "out of frame," or complete dystrophin gene sequencing consistent with DMD; AND in the opinion of the Investigator, a typical clinical profile consistent with DMD.
• Participants taking approved treatments for DMD (by a Health Authority) that target dystrophin gene mutations (e.g., eteplirsen or ataluren) may be enrolled in the study if they have been on a stable dose for 30 days prior to the first dose of study drug, and plan to remain on that dose throughout the study.
• Participant has had previous systemic treatment with corticosteroids within 2 months prior to the Screening Visit. Exception: In subjects who were down-titrated to a physiological dose of corticosteroids (ie, 3mg/m2 of prednisone or deflazacort) a maximum of 1 month of no greater than a physiological dose followed by 1 month completely off corticosteroids prior to the Screening Visit will be acceptable for study entry. Transient previous use of corticosteroids will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the sponsor or designee. The use of topical or intra-articular corticosteroids is permitted during the study
• Participant is unable to complete the 10 meter Walk/Run test at the Screening and/or Baseline Visit.
• Participant has Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
• Participant has a history of chronic active hepatitis including acute or chronic hepatitis B, or acute or chronic hepatitis C.
• Participant has a history of tuberculosis (TB) infection, any signs/symptoms of TB, or any close contact with an individual with an active TB infection.
• Participant has known immune compromised status (not related to disease/condition under study), including but not limited to, individuals who have undergone organ transplantation or who are known to be positive for the human immunodeficiency virus.
Study of Ataluren in >=2 to <5 Year-Old Males With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis is a Phase 2, multiple-dose, open-l...
Wave Life Sciences Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Clinical Trial Selected for FDA Complex Innovative Trial Designs Pilo...Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability Rollover Study of Eteplirsen in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe primary objective of this study is t...
Study of DS-5141b in Patients With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis is a phase I/II study to evaluate t...
Open Label Extension Study of HT-100 in Patients With DMDThis study is designed to provide 6-mont...
Historically Controlled Trial of Corticosteroids in Young Boys With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyWhile it has been known for many years t...
A phase 2 trial of the safety and pharmacokinetics of ataluren in patients aged 2 to 5 years with nonsense mutation ...Nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dyst...
Roche Letter to the Duchenne CommunityBy now, many have heard about Pfizer's d...
DuchenneXchange Clinical Trial Finder LaunchesThe DuchenneXchange Clinical Trial Finde...
Mallinckrodt’s MNK-1411 gets orphan drug status for DMDMallinckrodt plc MNK announced that the ...