welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Allogeneic Human Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cells for a Single Male Patient With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
study id #: NCT02235844
condition: Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy
This research study is designed to evaluate the effects of human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells (UC-MSCs), on Duchenne’s muscular dystrophy (DMD). The potential muscle regenerative and anti-inflammatory properties of UC MSCs position them as a possible treatment option for DMD. Both of these properties could lead to potential benefits for a DMD patient.
intervention: Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cells
mechanism of action: Stem cells to control inflammation and promote regeneration
last updated: February 26, 2019
start date: September 2014
estimated completion: September 2017
phase of development: Phase 1
size / enrollment: 1
- Adverse Events [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
No occurrence of adverse events
- Change from baseline of weight [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
- Change of muscle diameter (circumferential measurements) from baseline [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
- Change from baseline of Pulmonary Maximum Expiratory Pressure [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
- Change from baseline of Pulmonary Forced Vital Capacity [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
- Maximum Change from baseline of Predicted Inspiratory Pressure % [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
- Change from baseline of Predicted Maximum Expiratory Pressure % [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
- Change from baseline of Predicted Forced Vital Capacity % [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
inclusion criteria: Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy
Wave Life Sciences Receives US Orphan Drug and Rare Pediatric Disease Designations for WVE-210201Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
Bone Marrow-Derived Autologous Stem Cells for the Treatment of Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis study is single arm, single center ...
Gene Transfer Clinical Trial to Deliver rAAVrh74.MCK.GALGT2 for Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe proposed clinical trial study of rAA...
Personalized gene and cell therapy for Duchenne Muscular DystrophyDystrophinopathies are diseases caused b...
AbCellera is enabling the translation of laboratory research to clinical application for fibrosis associated with co...Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is one...
UCLA’s Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Research Funded by a Stem Cell AgencyScientists at the UCLA Eli and Edythe Br...
Catabasis Pharmaceuticals Announces Publication Of Phase 1 Clinical Results Of Edasalonexent (CAT-1004) In Duchenne ...Catabasis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clini...