welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Allogeneic Human Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cells for a Single Male Patient With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
study id #: NCT02235844
condition: Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy
This research study is designed to evaluate the effects of human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells (UC-MSCs), on Duchenne’s muscular dystrophy (DMD). The potential muscle regenerative and anti-inflammatory properties of UC MSCs position them as a possible treatment option for DMD. Both of these properties could lead to potential benefits for a DMD patient.
intervention: Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cells
mechanism of action: Stem cells to control inflammation and promote regeneration
last updated: September 23, 2019
start date: September 2014
estimated completion: September 30, 2017
phase of development: Phase 1
size / enrollment: 1
- Adverse Events [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
No occurrence of adverse events
- Change from baseline of weight [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
- Change of muscle diameter (circumferential measurements) from baseline [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
- Change from baseline of Pulmonary Maximum Expiratory Pressure [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
- Change from baseline of Pulmonary Forced Vital Capacity [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
- Maximum Change from baseline of Predicted Inspiratory Pressure % [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
- Change from baseline of Predicted Maximum Expiratory Pressure % [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
- Change from baseline of Predicted Forced Vital Capacity % [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
• Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy
Modified Diet Trial: A Study of SMT C1100 in Paediatric Patients With DMD Who Follow a Balanced DietPlacebo-controlled, multi-centre, random...
Bone Marrow-Derived Autologous Stem Cells for the Treatment of Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis study is single arm, single center ...
A Breakthrough in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Offers Hope to Families with DuchenneDuchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD or Duch...
Treatment Effect of Tamoxifen on Patients With DMDDuchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is a p...
Phase 1 Study of Edasalonexent (CAT-1004), an Oral NF-κB Inhibitor, in Pediatric Patients with Duchenne Muscular Dy...Background: Edasalonexent is an orally ...
New lab technology could reveal treatments for muscle-wasting diseaseResearchers from Queen Mary University o...
Clinical Intramuscular Gene Transfer Trial of rAAVrh74.MCK.Micro-Dystrophin to Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystr...The proposed phase I clinical trial is a...
AbCellera is enabling the translation of laboratory research to clinical application for fibrosis associated with co...Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is one...
Personalized gene and cell therapy for Duchenne Muscular DystrophyDystrophinopathies are diseases caused b...