welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Allogeneic Human Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cells for a Single Male Patient With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
study id #: NCT02235844
condition: Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy
This research study is designed to evaluate the effects of human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells (UC-MSCs), on Duchenne’s muscular dystrophy (DMD). The potential muscle regenerative and anti-inflammatory properties of UC MSCs position them as a possible treatment option for DMD. Both of these properties could lead to potential benefits for a DMD patient.
intervention: Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cells
mechanism of action: Stem cells to control inflammation and promote regeneration
last updated: September 23, 2019
start date: September 2014
estimated completion: September 30, 2017
phase of development: Phase 1
size / enrollment: 1
- Adverse Events [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
No occurrence of adverse events
- Change from baseline of weight [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
- Change of muscle diameter (circumferential measurements) from baseline [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
- Change from baseline of Pulmonary Maximum Expiratory Pressure [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
- Change from baseline of Pulmonary Forced Vital Capacity [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
- Maximum Change from baseline of Predicted Inspiratory Pressure % [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
- Change from baseline of Predicted Maximum Expiratory Pressure % [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
- Change from baseline of Predicted Forced Vital Capacity % [Time Frame: 3 months after final treatment]
• Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy
Michael A. Rudnicki, PhDDr. Michael Rudnicki is a Senior Scienti...
Safety and Tolerability of WVE-210201 in Patients With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis is a Phase 1, double-blind, placebo...
UCLA’s Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Research Funded by a Stem Cell AgencyScientists at the UCLA Eli and Edythe Br...
Phase 1 Study of Edasalonexent (CAT-1004), an Oral NF-κB Inhibitor, in Pediatric Patients with Duchenne Muscular Dy...Background: Edasalonexent is an orally ...
A Study to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, and Pharmacokinetics of a Single Dose of SRP-5051 in Patients With Duc...The purpose of this study is to evaluate...
A Breakthrough in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Offers Hope to Families with DuchenneDuchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD or Duch...
Phase I/II Study of PRO044 in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The purpose of this study is to see whet...
New lab technology could reveal treatments for muscle-wasting diseaseResearchers from Queen Mary University o...