welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
An Open-Label Extension Study for Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy who Participated in Studies of SRP-5051
study id #: NCT03675126
condition: Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne
status: enrolling by invitationpurpose:
The purpose of this extension study is to evaluate the safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of repeat administrations of SRP-5051 in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) who participated in studies of SRP-5051.
mechanism of action: Exon-skipping to promote dystrophin production
last updated: September 08, 2020
start date: December 19, 2018
estimated completion: July 31, 2024
phase of development: Phase 1/Phase 2
size / enrollment: 60
- Incidence of Adverse Events (AEs) [ Time Frame: From signing of informed consent to 4 weeks after the last infusion of SRP-5051 ]
- Pharmacokinetic (PK) Plasma Concentration of SRP-5051 [ Time Frame: End of infusion ]
- Number of participants with clinically relevant abnormalities, as assessed by vital sign measurements, physical examination findings, clinical laboratory tests and electrocardiograms (ECGs) [ Time Frame: From signing of informed consent to 4 weeks after the last infusion of SRP-5051 ]
*A clinically relevant abnormality is an abnormality confirmed by repeat testing that is changed sufficiently from screening/baseline so that, in the judgment of the Investigator, a change in management is warranted.
• Eligible Sexes: male
• Initiation or change of dosing (except for modifications to accommodate changes in weight) since completing a study administering SRP-5051 and while participating in this study for any of the following: angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, angiotensin receptor blocking agents (ARBs), beta-blockers, potassium and steroids*.
• Requires antiarrhythmic and/or diuretic therapy for heart failure.
• Use of any herbal medication/supplement containing aristolochic acid.
• Treatment with any experimental therapy since entering original study or any experimental gene therapy for the treatment of DMD at any time.
• Participation in an interventional clinical trial since completing original study.
Sarepta Therapeutics Statement on ICER Draft Evidence Report for Treatments for Duchenne Muscular DystrophySarepta Therapeutics, Inc., the leader...
FDA paves way for clinical trials of Sarepta’s Duchenne MD therapy SRP-5051The U.S. Food and Drug Administration ha...
A Study to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, and Pharmacokinetics of a Single Dose of SRP-5051 in Patients With Duc...The purpose of this study is to evaluate...
Eteplirsen is Granted Accelerated Approval in UShttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orig6mpu...
Efficacy and Safety Study of WVE-210201 (Suvodirsen) With Open-label Extension in Ambulatory Patients With Duchenne ...This is a Phase 2/3, multicenter, random...
A Study to Compare Safety and Efficacy of a High Dose of Eteplirsen in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) PatientsThis study will be comprised of 2 parts:...
Annemieke Aartsma-Rus, PhDDr. Annemieke Aartsma-Rus played an impo...
Restoring Dystrophin Expression in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: Current Status of Therapeutic ApproachesDuchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD), a rar...