welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
An Open-Label Extension Study for Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy who Participated in Studies of SRP-5051
study id #: NCT03675126
condition: Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne
The purpose of this extension study is to evaluate the safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of repeat administrations of SRP-5051 in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) who participated in studies of SRP-5051.
mechanism of action: Exon-skipping to promote dystrophin production
last updated: June 25, 2020
start date: December 19, 2018
estimated completion: July 31, 2024
phase of development: Phase 1/Phase 2
size / enrollment: 60
- Incidence of Adverse Events (AEs) [ Time Frame: From signing of informed consent to 4 weeks after the last infusion of SRP-5051 ]
- Pharmacokinetic (PK) Plasma Concentration of SRP-5051 [ Time Frame: End of infusion ]
- Number of participants with clinically relevant abnormalities, as assessed by vital sign measurements, physical examination findings, clinical laboratory tests and electrocardiograms (ECGs) [ Time Frame: From signing of informed consent to 4 weeks after the last infusion of SRP-5051 ]
*A clinically relevant abnormality is an abnormality confirmed by repeat testing that is changed sufficiently from screening/baseline so that, in the judgment of the Investigator, a change in management is warranted.
• Eligible Sexes: male
• Has completed a study of SRP-5051 and continues to meet the Eligibility Criteria of Study 5051-102.
• Initiation or change of dosing (except for modifications to accommodate changes in weight) since completing a study administering SRP-5051 and while participating in this study for any of the following: angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, angiotensin receptor blocking agents (ARBs), beta-blockers, potassium and steroids*.
• Requires antiarrhythmic and/or diuretic therapy for heart failure.
• Use of any herbal medication/supplement containing aristolochic acid.
• Treatment with any experimental therapy since entering original study or any experimental gene therapy for the treatment of DMD at any time.
• Participation in an interventional clinical trial since completing original study.
Sarepta Therapeutics Statement on ICER Draft Evidence Report for Treatments for Duchenne Muscular DystrophySarepta Therapeutics, Inc., the leader...
FDA paves way for clinical trials of Sarepta’s Duchenne MD therapy SRP-5051The U.S. Food and Drug Administration ha...
A Study to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, and Pharmacokinetics of a Single Dose of SRP-5051 in Patients With Duc...The purpose of this study is to evaluate...
Applications of CRISPR/Cas9 for the Treatment of Duchenne Muscular DystrophyDuchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is a f...
Insurers battle families over costly drug for fatal diseaseNolan and Jack Willis, twins from upstat...
New therapeutic approaches: I.9 Treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy: current efforts, bottlenecks and future pr...In the last decade a number of therapeut...
Safety and Dose Finding Study of NS-065/NCNP-01 in Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The main objective of this study is to e...