welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Biomechanical and Morphological Changes in Dystrophic Muscle
study id #: NCT02472990
condition: Duchenne Dystrophy Muscular
The loss of ability to walk in many children with DMD (Duchenne muscular Dystrophy) is a pejorative event. Biomechanical and morphological unknowledge about the loss of the walk ability in children with DMD is an obstacle in reeducative, pharmacological or surgical therapeutic targets.
intervention: No drug and no placebo were used in this study
mechanism of action: No pharmaceutical intervention
last updated: November 22, 2018
start date: July 2015
estimated completion: January 2020
phase of development: N/A
size / enrollment: 50
The loss of ability to walk in many children with DMD (Duchenne muscular Dystrophy) is a pejorative event. Biomechanical and morphological unknowledge about the loss of the walk ability in children with DMD is an obstacle in reeducative, pharmacological or surgical therapeutic targets. We suppose that there are muscular characteristics and predictive parameters of the loss of walk ability. The identification of these potential therapeutic targets would improve the surveillance and the clinical care but would also guide future clinical and fundamental trials too.
- Determine biomechanical and morphological predictive factors of the loss of the walk ability of the children with DMD [ Time Frame: 24 years ]
Determine the biomechanical factors (muscular atrophy, muscular strength, muscular shrinkage) and morphological (greasy infiltration, contractile portion, muscular geometry) predictive of the loss of the walk ability of the children with DMD
- Identify the muscles wasting and their implication in the loss of strength and the walking ability [ Time Frame: 24 years ]
Identify the muscles wasting and their implication in the loss of strength and walking. This will be made possible thanks to the predictive analysis and the evolutionary analysis of the MRI and strength before and after loss of walking ability
- Biomechanical evolutionary data collected during the last 2 years of walking [ Time Frame: 24 years ]
Biomechanical evolutionary data collected during the last 2 years of walking by the repetition of the analysis of the walking until the loss of the walking ability.
- Establish the relationship between the parameters of walking and the scrawny body morphological anomalies [ Time Frame: 24 years ]
Establish the relationship between the parameters of walking and the scrawny body morphological anomalies (muscular Atrophy, greasy infiltration, contractile muscular portion, three-dimensional morphological parameters) by doing correlations analysis
• Young man ou woman (5 to 17 years old) with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (confirmed by immunohistochimy on the muscular biopsy and/or mutation in the dystrophin confirmed by molecular biology)
• Time more than 7 secondes to test of 10 m and/or distance less than 330 m to walk test of 6 minutes. These values are recent markers to include children with a strong risk of loss of walking ability in 2 years.
• Parental inform sign consent and / or child inform consent
• Recent orthopaedic surgery of lower limbs (6 months)
• Other chronic disease associated, which have an impact on the walking
• Cognitive Deficiency or behavior disorders limiting the understanding of the study
• Children who can benefit ATU (translarna ® or other) during the study
• All MRI contradications : pacemaker or neurosensory stimulator or implantable defibrillator, neurosurgical valves, cochlear implant or ferromagnetic implants near nervous structures, brace, metallic prostheses, not cooperative or agitated patients, patient claustrophobic, pregnant woman.
Registry of Translarna (Ataluren) in Nonsense Mutation Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis study is being performed as a post-...
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Muscle DiseaseIn adults, muscle diseases are usually c...
Double Push Acoustic Radiation Force (DP ARF) Ultrasound for Monitoring Degeneration in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis is a pilot clinical trial to assess...
A dedicated electrical impedance myography device in the assessment of Duchenne muscular dystrophyObjective: To evaluate the sensitivity ...
Stem Cell Therapy in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe purpose of this study was to study t...
Capricor Announces Positive Outcomes from Comprehensive Multidisciplinary Meeting with FDACapricor Therapeutics, a clinical-stag...
The Treatment of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: Equipoise, Fidelity and Standardshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji7Z23qH...
Pfizer doses first patient using investigational mini-dystrophin gene therapy for the treatment of Duchenne muscular...Pfizer Inc. has initiated a Phase 1b cli...
Capricor trial failure in heart disease might offer another opportunityOn Friday Capricor Therapeutics announce...