welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
Biomechanical and Morphological Changes in Dystrophic Muscle
study id #: NCT02472990
condition: Duchenne Dystrophy Muscular
The loss of ability to walk in many children with DMD (Duchenne muscular Dystrophy) is a pejorative event. Biomechanical and morphological unknowledge about the loss of the walk ability in children with DMD is an obstacle in reeducative, pharmacological or surgical therapeutic targets.
intervention: No drug and no placebo were used in this study
mechanism of action: No pharmaceutical intervention
last updated: February 04, 2020
start date: July 2015
estimated completion: January 2020
phase of development: N/A
size / enrollment: 50
The loss of ability to walk in many children with DMD (Duchenne muscular Dystrophy) is a pejorative event. Biomechanical and morphological unknowledge about the loss of the walk ability in children with DMD is an obstacle in reeducative, pharmacological or surgical therapeutic targets. We suppose that there are muscular characteristics and predictive parameters of the loss of walk ability. The identification of these potential therapeutic targets would improve the surveillance and the clinical care but would also guide future clinical and fundamental trials too.
- Determine biomechanical and morphological predictive factors of the loss of the walk ability of the children with DMD [ Time Frame: 24 years ]
Determine the biomechanical factors (muscular atrophy, muscular strength, muscular shrinkage) and morphological (greasy infiltration, contractile portion, muscular geometry) predictive of the loss of the walk ability of the children with DMD
- Identify the muscles wasting and their implication in the loss of strength and the walking ability [ Time Frame: 24 years ]
Identify the muscles wasting and their implication in the loss of strength and walking. This will be made possible thanks to the predictive analysis and the evolutionary analysis of the MRI and strength before and after loss of walking ability
- Biomechanical evolutionary data collected during the last 2 years of walking [ Time Frame: 24 years ]
Biomechanical evolutionary data collected during the last 2 years of walking by the repetition of the analysis of the walking until the loss of the walking ability.
- Establish the relationship between the parameters of walking and the scrawny body morphological anomalies [ Time Frame: 24 years ]
Establish the relationship between the parameters of walking and the scrawny body morphological anomalies (muscular Atrophy, greasy infiltration, contractile muscular portion, three-dimensional morphological parameters) by doing correlations analysis
• Eligible Sexes: all
• Young man ou woman (5 to 17 years old) with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (confirmed by immunohistochimy on the muscular biopsy and/or mutation in the dystrophin confirmed by molecular biology)
• Time more than 7 secondes to test of 10 m and/or distance less than 330 m to walk test of 6 minutes. These values are recent markers to include children with a strong risk of loss of walking ability in 2 years.
• Parental inform sign consent and / or child inform consent
• Recent orthopaedic surgery of lower limbs (6 months)
• Other chronic disease associated, which have an impact on the walking
• Cognitive Deficiency or behavior disorders limiting the understanding of the study
• Children who can benefit ATU (translarna ® or other) during the study
• All MRI contradications : pacemaker or neurosensory stimulator or implantable defibrillator, neurosurgical valves, cochlear implant or ferromagnetic implants near nervous structures, brace, metallic prostheses, not cooperative or agitated patients, patient claustrophobic, pregnant woman.
Sarepta Announces Clinical Hold Lifted for its Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Micro-dystrophin Gene Therapy ProgramSarepta Therapeutics, Inc., a commercial...
Effect of EPA and DHA in the Inflammation and Metabolic Disorders in DMD/DMB PatientsThe purpose of this study is to evaluate...
For Many Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Bright Hope Lies Just Beyond ReachLucas was 5 before his parents, Bill and...
The Validation Process for Confirmation of the French Version of the Pediatric Quality of Life Inventory (PedsQLTM)There isn't specific Health related qual...
Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Biomarkers for Muscular DystrophyThe purpose of this research study is to...
PDE Inhibitors in DMD Study (Acute Dosing Study)PDE5A inhibition, which boosts NO-cGMP s...
Safety Study of Flavocoxid in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyObjective of this study is to evaluate s...
Facing a Diagnosis of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mocn6DPV...
Roche Letter to the Duchenne CommunityBy now, many have heard about Pfizer's d...
The Treatment of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: Equipoise, Fidelity and Standardshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji7Z23qH...