welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Clinical Intramuscular Gene Transfer of rAAV1.CMV.huFollistatin344 Trial to Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
study id #: NCT02354781
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
The proposed clinical trial is an outgrowth of the safety record and functional improvement seen in the BMD follistatin gene therapy trial. In this study the investigators propose to inject AAV1.CMV.huFS344 at a total dose of 2.4E12 vg/kg to six DMD patients. This dose will be divided between gluteal muscles, quadriceps and tibialis anterior. This is a wider distribution of vector than given to BMD patients, who overall improved the distance walked on the 6MWT without adverse events related to viral transduction into a single muscle.
mechanism of action: Vectored gene therapy to introduce a version of dystrophin
last updated: November 29, 2018
start date: January 2015
estimated completion: November 2017
phase of development: Phase 1/Phase 2
size / enrollment: 3
The primary objective of this study is safety and endpoints will include hematology, serum chemistry, urinalysis, immunologic response to rAAV1 and follistatin, and reported history and observations of symptoms. Efficacy measures will be used as secondary outcomes and include the distance walked on the 6MWT, functional tests by PT, life quality questionnaire, MRI, EIM, and muscle biopsy. Subject will have follow up visits on days 7, 14, 30, 45, 60, 90, 180 and 9,12, 18 and 24 months post-gene transfer.
- Organ system toxicity based on blood chemistries and immune studies [ Time Frame: 2 years ]
The blood chemistries and immune studies to monitor organs system abnormalities and T cell response measured by ELISpots.
- Muscle Function [ Time Frame: 2 years ]
The distance walked on the 6MWT is the major functional outcome to be evaluated.
- Size of muscle fibers with lack of toxicity of follistatin following gene transfer [ Time Frame: 2 years ]
Muscle biopsies on quadriceps muscles (a muscle biopsy on one leg at baseline screening visit and the post gene transfer biopsy on the opposite leg at day 180.
• Age 7 or older
• Confirmed DMD gene mutations
• Impaired muscle function based on clinical evidence including difficulty climbing stairs, getting from the floor (Gowers' sign), and weakness of individual muscles of extremities
• Males of any ethnic group will be eligible
• Ability to cooperate with study procedures including muscle testing.
• Willingness of sexually active subjects with reproductive capacity to practice reliable method of contraception
• Subjects must be on stable dose of prednisone for three months at time of enrollment or be started on oral dose of daily prednisone regimen for 30 days prior to gene transfer. Study participants will continue prednisone post gene transfer unless there is adverse event that warrants prednisone taper or withdrawal.
• Active viral infection based on clinical observations.
• The presence of a DMD gene mutation without weakness or loss of function
• Symptoms or signs of cardiomyopathy, including:
• Dyspnea on exertion, pedal edema, shortness of breath upon lying flat, or rales at the base of the lungs
• Echocardiogram with ejection fraction below 40%
• Serological evidence of HIV infection, or Hepatitis A, B or C infection
• Diagnosis of (or ongoing treatment for) an autoimmune disease
• Concomitant illness or requirement for chronic drug treatment that in the opinion of the PI creates unnecessary risks for gene transfer
• Subjects with rAAV1 binding antibody titers > 1:50 as determined by ELISA immunoassay
CRISPR-SKIP: Programmable gene splicing with single base editorsCRISPR gene editing has revolutionized b...
Crispr Halted Muscular Dystrophy In Dogs. Someday, It Might Cure Humans.Today, our partner Dr. Eric Olson and hi...
CRD007 for the Treatment of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Becker Muscular Dystrophy and Symptomatic CarriersThis is an investigation of the efficacy...
Transplantation of Myoblasts to Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) PatientsThis Phase I/II of the clinical trial is...
Sunphenon Epigallocatechin-Gallate (EGCg) in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe aim of this multicentre, prospective...
A Phase 1b Study of SMT C1100 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The purpose of this study is to determin...
Safety Study of Eteplirsen to Treat Advanced Stage Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe primary objective of this study is t...
Single CRISPR Treatment Provides Long-Term Benefits in MiceResearchers at Duke University have show...
Hope in Translation: Bringing Gene Therapy to the ClinicIn 1987, scientists first uncovered the ...
Solid Biosciences Reports Third Quarter 2018 Financial Results And Provides Business UpdateSolid Biosciences Inc. today reported fi...