welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Clinical Trial of Coenzyme Q10 and Lisinopril in Muscular Dystrophies
study id #: NCT01126697
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Becker Muscular Dystrophy, Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy
The study will include 120 participants aged 8 and up with Duchenne, Becker, or autosomal recessive limb-girdle (specifically: LGMD 2C-2F and 2I) muscular dystrophies that have no clinical cardiac symptoms. Participants will be randomized to one of four arms: Arm 1 CoQ10 alone, Arm 2 Lisinopril alone, Arm 3 CoQ10 and Lisinopril or Arm 4 No study medication. Randomization will be stratified by ambulatory status and corticosteroid use. The primary outcome for the study is the myocardial performance index (MPI), measured by standard Doppler echocardiography. The study will last 24 months with visits at Months 0.5,1.5, 6, 12, 18 and 24. Following completion of the Clinical Trial of Coenzyme Q10 and Lisinopril, participants will be offered participation in a companion protocol: PITT1215 A Natural History Companion Study to PITT0908: Clinical Trial of Coenzyme Q10 and Lisinopril in Muscular Dystrophies. The objective of this study is to evaluate the longitudinal natural history of DMD, BMD, and LGMD2I and to evaluate the effects of Coenzyme Q10 and/or Lisinopril on prevention of cardiac dysfunction in these disorders.This will be an 18-month longitudinal natural history study designed to accompany the Clinical Trial of Coenzyme Q10 and Lisinopril in Muscular Dystrophies.
intervention: Coenzyme Q10 and Lisinopril
mechanism of action: Antioxidant to reduce inflammation and ACE inhibitor to prevent cardiac funtion deterioration
last updated: November 22, 2018
start date: February 2010
estimated completion: December 2017
phase of development: Phase 2/Phase 3
size / enrollment: 63
- myocardial performance index (MPI) [ Time Frame: every 6 months ]
The MPI is a sensitive, quantifiable, noninvasive measure of global ventricular function that is independent of cardiac geometry and heart rate. MPI is collected through standard echocardiogram assessment. MPI is a ratio of the total time spent in isovolumic activity (isovolumic contraction time and isovolumic relaxation time) to the time spent in ventricular ejection.
• 8 years of age or older
• Confirmed genetic diagnosis of Duchenne, Becker, or Limb Girdle muscular dystrophy
• Beta-blocker naïve
• Screening Doppler echocardiographic MPI measurement greater than or equal to 0.40 for the highest MPI value (spectral and tissue) or circumferential strain measured by STE that is less negative than or equal to – 23
• Normal left ventricular fractional shortening (>=28%) and no clinical cardiac symptoms
• Has not participated in other therapeutic research protocol within the last 6 months prior to screening
• Ability to swallow tablets
• Spine curvature greater than 30% (based on the x-ray performed at screening)
• History of significant concomitant illness or significant impairment of renal or hepatic function
• History of hypersensitivity to ACE inhibitors
• History of idiopathic or hereditary angioedema or a history of angioedema with prior ACE inhibitor use
• Use of carnitine, creatine, glutamine, or any herbal medicines (this would not include herbal teas unless they are consumed daily with intended medicinal effect) in the 3-months prior to enrollment
• CoQ10 and/or ACE inhibitor use for a duration greater than 6 months
• CoQ10 and/or ACE inhibitor use in the 3-months prior to enrollment
• CoQ10 serum level of 2.5 ug/ml or higher
• Investigator assessment of inability to comply with protocol
Givinostat in Duchenne’s Muscular Dystrophy Long-term Safety and Tolerability StudyThis is an open label, long-term safety,...
Finding the Optimum Regimen for Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe Finding the Optimum Regimen for Duch...
Roche Letter to the Duchenne CommunityBy now, many have heard about Pfizer's d...
Wave Life Sciences Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Clinical Trial Selected for FDA Complex Innovative Trial Designs Pilo...Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
Design of a phase 3 trial to evaluate the long-term efficacy and safety of ataluren in patients with nonsense mutati...Ataluren is conditionally approved by th...
PTC Therapeutics Announces Positive Data from its Translarna™ Phase II Clinical Trial in Children as Young as Two ...PTC Therapeutics, Inc. today announced t...
A phase 2 trial of the safety and pharmacokinetics of ataluren in patients aged 2 to 5 years with nonsense mutation ...Nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dyst...