welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Endomysial Fibrosis, Muscular Inflammatory Response and Calcium Homeostasis Dysfunction in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
study id #: NCT01823783
condition: Duchenne Muscular Distrophy (DMD)
Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is the most common and devastating form of muscular dystrophy, caused by an X-chromosome gene mutation resulting in the absence of the protein dystrophin. Gene therapy by exon skipping or stop codon read-through and cell therapy are at the stage of clinical assays with very promising results. Nevertheless, they will not allow a complete cure of DMD patients and they will concern only specific types of mutations. It is therefore crucial to develop other therapeutic strategies related to the natural history of the disease and targeted not on the dystrophin itself, but on the consequences of its absence. Another crucial pathophysiological pathway in DMD is muscle cell calcium homeostasis, particularly via the ryanodine recepteur (RyR1). Our study focus on the relationship between endomysial fibrosis, abnormal inflammation response and calcium homeostasis dysfunction which are not entirely established in DMD. The identification of the biological mechanisms that play a role in the severity of the phenotype, particularly endomysial fibrosis, should allow the development of targeted pharmacotherapy as a complementary strategy for the future treatment of DMD.
intervention: Muscle biopsy
mechanism of action: No pharmaceutical intervention
last updated: November 22, 2018
start date: November 7, 2012
estimated completion: June 2018
phase of development: N/A
size / enrollment: 50
- Quantification of endomysial fibrosis [Time Frame: 1 day (biopsy day)]
- quantification of the muscle inflammation [Time Frame: 1 day (biopsy day)]
• Measure of the protein (Immunofluorescence and western blot) and mRNA (qRT-PCR) expression of the following markers of muscular inflammation response
• Presence and quantification of cellular partners of inflammation and muscle regeneration (M1 (CD68/KP1) and M2 (CD206) macrophages, quiescent and activated satellite cells (CD56/NCAM) and endothelial cells (CD31/PECAM-1)).
• Boy between 2 to 15 years old.
• Lack of any infectious disease in the last week before the study.
• Consent form signed by parents. Inclusion Criteria for DMD infant
• Clinical suspicion of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
Inclusion Criteria for Control healthy Infant
• Lack of any antecedent of congenital cardiac, pulmonary or muscular disease including DMD.
• Subjects who are unable or unwilling to tolerate study constraints
• Parents of the subject unable or unwilling to undergo informed consent
• Subject with no rights from the national health insurance programme
Phase II Study of NPC-14 (Arbekacin Sulfate) to Explore Safety, Tolerability, and Efficacy in Duchenne Muscular Dyst...Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) is inh...
Capricor Therapeutics Announces Positive Results from its Interim Analysis in the HOPE-2 Trial to Treat Patients wit...Capricor Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAP...
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Muscle DiseaseIn adults, muscle diseases are usually c...
L-citrulline and Metformin in Becker’s Muscular DystrophyThe purpose of the study is to compare t...
A Study of TAS-205 for Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe objective of this study is to evalua...
Safety and Tolerability of WVE-210201 in Patients With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis is a Phase 1, double-blind, placebo...
Assessment of Cardiopulmonary Function in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis study seeks to develop and validate...
A phase 2 trial of the safety and pharmacokinetics of ataluren in patients aged 2 to 5 years with nonsense mutation ...Nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dyst...
First targeted treatment success for Duchenne muscular dystrophyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkxTn46_...
PTC Therapeutics Announces Positive Data from its Translarna™ Phase II Clinical Trial in Children as Young as Two ...PTC Therapeutics, Inc. today announced t...
Wave Life Sciences Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Clinical Trial Selected for FDA Complex Innovative Trial Designs Pilo...Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...