welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Expanded Access Program for Idebenone in Participants With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
study id #: NCT03433807
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
The primary objective of this Expanded Access Program is to provide idebenone as a treatment for eligible participants with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy before it is commercially available in the United States (U.S.) for the indication of DMD.
mechanism of action: Antioxidant to support health
• Documented diagnosis of DMD (severe dystrophinopathy) and clinical features consistent of typical DMD at diagnosis (i.e., documented delayed motor skills and muscle weakness by age 5 years) and who in the opinion of the Treating physician would benefit from treatment with idebenone. DMD should be confirmed by mutation analysis in the dystrophin gene or by substantially reduced levels of dystrophin protein (i.e., absent or <5% of normal) on Western blot or immunostaining.
• Minimum 10 years old at Prescreening.
• PEF or FVC <=80% and >25% of predicted value based on most recent assessment noted in the patient's medical record and subsequently confirmed at the Enrollment Visit.
• Able to understand program requirements and swallow program medication.
• Signed and dated Informed Consent Form (to be obtained at the Enrollment Visit from patient or parent/legal guardian (if applicable) prior to performing any program-specific procedures and dispensing idebenone to the patient).
• Eligible for and able to participate in an ongoing clinical trial of idebenone.
• Is at high-risk of a fatal outcome from lung infection and/or advanced cardiomyopathy in the opinion of the Treating physician.
• Known moderate or severe impairment of hepatic function or severe impairment of renal function.
• Prior or ongoing medical condition or laboratory abnormality which in the Treating physician's opinion may put the patient at significant risk or may interfere significantly with the patient's participation in the program.
• Abuse of drugs or alcohol, which in Treating physician's opinion would interfere with the compliance to treatment.
• Known individual hypersensitivity to idebenone or to any of the ingredients/excipients of the program medication.
Whole Body Vibration Therapy in Boys With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyWhole-body vibration therapy (WBVT) is a...
Extension Study of ACE-031 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyTo evaluate the long-term safety and tol...
Jerry Mendell, M.D., Presented Positive Updated Results from the Four Children Dosed in the Gene Therapy Micro-dystr...Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc., a commercial...
Catabasis Pharmaceuticals Initiates Phase 3 PolarisDMD Clinical Trial For Edasalonexent In Duchenne Muscular Dystrop...Catabasis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clini...
Solid Biosciences Reports Third Quarter 2018 Financial Results And Provides Business UpdateSolid Biosciences Inc. today reported fi...
Phase IIa trial in Duchenne muscular dystrophy shows vamorolone is a first-in-class dissociative steroidal anti-infl...We report a first-in-patient study of va...
A phase 2 trial of the safety and pharmacokinetics of ataluren in patients aged 2 to 5 years with nonsense mutation ...Nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dyst...