welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Expanded Access Program for Idebenone in Participants With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
study id #: NCT03433807
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
status: no longer availablepurpose:
The primary objective of this Expanded Access Program is to provide idebenone as a treatment for eligible participants with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy before it is commercially available in the United States (U.S.) for the indication of DMD.
mechanism of action: Antioxidant to support health
last updated: November 26, 2019
• Documented diagnosis of DMD (severe dystrophinopathy) and clinical features consistent of typical DMD at diagnosis (i.e., documented delayed motor skills and muscle weakness by age 5 years) and who in the opinion of the Treating physician would benefit from treatment with idebenone. DMD should be confirmed by mutation analysis in the dystrophin gene or by substantially reduced levels of dystrophin protein (i.e., absent or <5% of normal) on Western blot or immunostaining.
• Minimum 8 years old at Prescreening.
• PEF or FVC =<80% and >25% of predicted value based on most recent assessment noted in the patient's medical record and subsequently confirmed at the Enrollment Visit.
• Able to understand program requirements and swallow program medication.
• Signed and dated Informed Consent Form (to be obtained at the Enrollment Visit from patient or parent/legal guardian (if applicable) prior to performing any program-specific procedures and dispensing idebenone to the patient).
• Eligible for and able to participate in an ongoing clinical trial of idebenone.
• Is at high-risk of a fatal outcome from lung infection and/or advanced cardiomyopathy in the opinion of the Treating physician.
• Known moderate or severe impairment of hepatic function or severe impairment of renal function.
• Prior or ongoing medical condition or laboratory abnormality which in the Treating physician's opinion may put the patient at significant risk or may interfere significantly with the patient's participation in the program.
• Abuse of drugs or alcohol, which in Treating physician's opinion would interfere with the compliance to treatment.
• Known individual hypersensitivity to idebenone or to any of the ingredients/excipients of the program medication.
Study of Ataluren (PTC124®) in Nonambulatory Patients With Nonsense-Mutation-Mediated Duchenne/Becker Muscular Dyst...Duchenne/Becker muscular dystrophy (DMD/...
Phase III Study With Idebenone in Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (SIDEROS-E)The purpose of the study is to assess th...
Cardiac Magnetic Resonance in Children With Muscular DystrophyThis protocol will exploit novel state o...
PTC Therapeutics Announces Positive Data from its Translarna™ Phase II Clinical Trial in Children as Young as Two ...PTC Therapeutics, Inc. today announced t...
A Study to Evaluate the Safety and Tolerability of PF-06939926 Gene Therapy in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis is a first-in-human/first-in-patien...
Assessment of Cardiopulmonary Function in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis study seeks to develop and validate...
Evaluation of Muscle miRNA as Biomarkers in DystrophinopathiesDuchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD), cause...
Phase IIa trial in Duchenne muscular dystrophy shows vamorolone is a first-in-class dissociative steroidal anti-infl...We report a first-in-patient study of va...
PTC Therapeutics Phase III Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) Clinical TrialPTC Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking pa...
Jerry Mendell, M.D., Presented Positive Updated Results from the Four Children Dosed in the Gene Therapy Micro-dystr...Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc., a commercial...
Rare diseases require unique approaches in clinical trial designThere are 7,000 known rare diseases and ...