welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Expanded Access Protocol for Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
study id #: NCT03863119
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
The intent of this protocol is to provide continued access to vamorolone for subjects in the United States who Have Completed the VBP15-LTE or VBP15- 004 protocols (and are thereby ineligible to enroll in another trial of vamorolone therapy), during the time a new drug application for vamorolone is under preparation and review.
mechanism of action: Glucocorticoid to delay decline in muscle strength
last updated: March 22, 2019
Vamorolone will be shipped to the subject's family by the study site. The patient will receive standard of care treatment and procedures for management of DMD. Treating Physicians participating in the expanded access program are required to collect and document any physician, patient, or caregiver reported safety events and report to the Sponsor. The subject's dose of vamorolone may be increased or decreased within a range of 2.0 to 6.0 mg/kg/day (only doses of 2 mg/kg, 4 mg/kg and 6 mg/kg are allowed), given once daily. Administration of vamorolone (taken with an 8 ounce (240 ml) glass of full fat milk, or equivalent high-fat food portion) will be unchanged from the VBP15-LTE or VBP15-004 studies. In the absence of safety concerns, and while this Expaneded Access protocol is active, vamorolone may be provided indefinitely or until approval, provided that the Treating Physician and family agrees that continued administration of vamorolone is in the best interest of the child.
• Subject's parent or legal guardian has provided written informed consent/HIPAA authorization
• Subject has previously completed at a participating US study site VBP15-LTE up to and including the Month 24 assessments, OR VBP15-004 up to and including the Week 48 assessments, within 30 days prior to participation in the VBP15-EAP
• Subject and parent/guardian are willing and able to comply with recommended study drug administration plan, and standard of care follow-up and monitoring as recommended by their Treating Physician
• Subject had a serious or severe adverse event in study VBP15-LTE or VBP15-004 that, in the opinion of the Treating Physician and Sponsor, was probably or definitely related to vamorolone use and precludes safe use of vamorolone for the subject in this expanded access program
• Subject and/or parent/guardian are unable and/or unwilling to comply with regular medical care and follow-up as recommended by their Treating Physician throughout participation in the VBP15-EAP
An Extension Study to Assess Vamorolone in Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The main purposes of this study are to s...
Santhera Enters into Agreement to Acquire Option from Idorsia for Exclusive Sub-License of First-in-class Dissociati...Santhera Pharmaceuticals and Idorsia Ltd...
A Study to Assess Vamorolone in Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The purpose of this study is to determin...
ReveraGen Announces First Patient Enrollment in International Pivotal Trial of Vamorolone in Duchenne Muscular Dystr...ReveraGen BioPharma, Inc. today announce...
Phase IIa trial in Duchenne muscular dystrophy shows vamorolone is a first-in-class dissociative steroidal anti-infl...We report a first-in-patient study of va...
Potential DMD Therapy Vamorolone Shows Positive Effects in Phase 2a Trial, Study ReportsVamorolone, a Duchenne muscular dystroph...
Santhera Pharmaceuticals – LinkedInSanthera Pharmaceuticals (SIX: SANN) is ...