welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
Exploratory Study of NS-065/NCNP-01 in DMD
study id #: NCT02081625
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
This study is designed to assess the safety, tolerability, efficacy and pharmacokinetics (PK) of NS-065/NCNP-01 in subjects diagnosed with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD).
mechanism of action: Exon-skipping to promote dystrophin production
last updated: March 11, 2020
start date: June 2013
estimated completion: November 2014
phase of development: Phase 1
size / enrollment: 10
- Safety and tolerability (adverse event and adverse drug reaction) [ Time Frame: Up to 15-17 weeks (12 weeks treatment period and 3-5 weeks follow up period) ]
- Expression of dystrophin protein [ Time Frame: At 14-15 weeks (2-3 week after from 12 weeks treatment period) ]
- Detection of exon53 skipped mRNA of dystrophin [ Time Frame: At 14-15 weeks (2-3 week after from 12 weeks treatment period) ]
- NS-065/NCNP-01 concentration of the blood plasma [ Time Frame: 12 weeks ]
- NS-065/NCNP-01 concentration of the urine [ Time Frame: 12 weeks ]
- Serum Creatine kinase concentration [ Time Frame: 14 weeks ]
Subject with Duchenne muscular dystrophy eligible for enrolment in the study must meet all of the following criteria:
• Has an out of frame deletion(s) that could be corrected by skipping exon 53 as confirmed by any of methodology at the time of visit 1. If not confirmed by any of methodology that evaluates the relative copy number of all exons (i.e. MLPA, CGH etc), must be confirmed through these techniques by the time of visit 4.
• DNA sequencing of exon 53 confirms that no DNA polymorphisms occur that could compromise duplex formation between NS-065/NCNP-01 and pre-mRNA.
• There is confirmation of detection of dystrophin mRNA with skipping of exon 53 and dystrophin production after in vitro exposure of NS-065/NCNP-01 to subject-derived cells.
• Male and >= 5 years and < 18 years of age at the time of obtaining informed consent and/or assent.
• Able to give informed consent in writing signed by parent(s) or legal guardian who is able to understand all of the study procedure requirements. If applicable, able to give informed assent in writing signed by the subject.
• Life expectancy of at least 1 year
• Unable to ambulate. Ambulant subject can be enrolled according to the circumstances.
• Have intact muscles, which have adequate quality for biopsy. (No lacks or severe atrophy of tibialis anterior muscle)
• QTc <450 msec (based on 12-lead ECGs), or <480 msec for subject with Bundle Branch Block.
• If taking glucocorticosteroids, no significant change in total daily dosage or dosing regimen after the time of visit 1
Subject with Duchenne muscular dystrophy meeting any of the following criteria must not be enrolled in the study:
• Has participated in other pharmacological clinical trial that might recover dystrophin protein by the readthrough or the exon-skipping therapy, and/or upregulate the dystrophin-associated proteins such as utrophin.
• A forced vital capacity (FVC) < 50% of predicted.
• A left ventricular ejection fraction (EF) < 40% or fractional shortening (FS) < 25% based on echocardiogram (ECHO).
• Surgery within the last 3 months prior to the first anticipated administration of study medication or planned for anytime during the duration of the study.
• Positive hepatitis B surface antigen (HbsAg), hepatitis C antibody test (HCV), or human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) test at screening.
• Current diagnosis of any immune deficiency or autoimmune disease.
• Current diagnosis of any active or uncontrolled infection, cardiomyopathy, or liver or renal disease.
• Use of any other investigational agents and/or experimental agents within 3 months prior to the first anticipated administration of study medication.
• History of any severe drug allergy.
• Unable to give informed consent about using adequate contraception from the first administration until at least 6 months after the last dose of study medication, by parent(s) or legal guardian.
• Subject considered by the investigator (or sub-investigator), for any reason, to be an unsuitable candidate for the study.
A Study to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, and Pharmacokinetics of a Single Dose of SRP-5051 in Patients With Duc...The purpose of this study is to evaluate...
Plus Epicatechin Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy in Non-ambulatory AdolescentsThis single center open-label pilot stud...
A Phase 1b Study of SMT C1100 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The purpose of this study is to determin...
Improved Muscle Function in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Through L-Arginine and MetforminThe purpose of the study is to show that...
Gene Transfer Clinical Trial to Deliver rAAVrh74.MCK.GALGT2 for Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe proposed clinical trial study of rAA...
Microdystrophin Gene Transfer Study in Adolescents and Children With DMDThis is a randomized, controlled, open-l...
Extension Study of NS-065/NCNP-01 in Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)This is an open-label, extension study o...
DuchenneXchange Clinical Trial Finder LaunchesThe DuchenneXchange Clinical Trial Finde...
Catabasis Pharmaceuticals Announces Publication Of Phase 1 Clinical Results Of Edasalonexent (CAT-1004) In Duchenne ...Catabasis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clini...
ReveraGen Announces First Patient Enrollment in International Pivotal Trial of Vamorolone in Duchenne Muscular Dystr...ReveraGen BioPharma, Inc. today announce...
Wave Life Sciences Receives US Orphan Drug and Rare Pediatric Disease Designations for WVE-210201Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
Phase 1 Study of Edasalonexent (CAT-1004), an Oral NF-κB Inhibitor, in Pediatric Patients with Duchenne Muscular Dy...Background: Edasalonexent is an orally ...