welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
Extension Study of BMN 044 in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
study id #: NCT02958202
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
The aim of this study is to provide continuing access to BMN 044 treatment for subjects previously treated with BMN 044. The information gained from this study is expected to further characterize the efficacy and safety of BMN 044 over a longer treatment period.
intervention: BMN 044 IV 6 mg/kg, BMN 044 IV 9 mg/kg, BMN 044 SC 6 mg/kg
mechanism of action: Exon-skipping to promote dystrophin production
last updated: November 22, 2018
start date: April 2016
estimated completion: September 2016
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 7
study description: This is a phase 2 multi center, multi-national, open label, long term extension study. Up to approximately 50 male subjects with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) who have previously been treated with BMN 044 will be enrolled. Subjects will receive either IV infusions or SC injections at pre-defined doses.
Safety and tolerability, pharmacokinetics (PK), pharmacodynamics (PD) and efficacy assessments will be conducted at regular intervals throughout the study.
Subjects will be permitted to continue in this study until the subject meets any of the defined withdrawal criteria, BioMarin decides to halt the clinical development of BMN 044, or BMN 044 receives marketing authorization.
- Number of subjects with 1 or more treatment emergent adverse events following BMN044 dosing [Time Frame: Through study completion, an average of 1 year].
• Subjects previously treated with BMN 044 or a comparator treatment in a BMN 044 Sponsored Study or Investigator Initiated Trial and who are not eligible for another ongoing BMN 044 study.
• Continued use of glucocorticosteroids for a minimum of 60 days prior to study entry with a reasonable expectation that the subject will remain on glucocorticosteroids for the duration of this study.
• Willing and able to comply with all study requirements and procedures.
• Willing and able to provide written, signed informed consent, or in the case of subjects under the age of 18 years(or 16 years, depending on the region), provide written assent (if required) and written informed consent by a legally authorized representative after the nature of the study has been explained, and prior to the conduct of any research-related procedures.
• Subjects who have previously been treated with BMN 044 who had a serious adverse experience or met safety stopping criteria, that remains unresolved, which in the opinion of the Investigator could have been attributable to BMN 044.
• History of significant medical disorder which may confound the interpretation of safety data
• Acute illness within 4 weeks prior to the first dose of BMN 044 (Week 1) which may interfere with the measurements.
• Symptomatic cardiomyopathy.
• Baseline aPTT above the upper limit of normal (ULN).
• Baseline platelet count below the lower limit of normal (LLN).
• Use of anti coagulants, anti thrombotics or anti platelet agents within 28 days of the baseline visit.
• Prior use of any investigational product (other than BMN 044) or investigational medical device must be discussed with the Medical Monitor prior to screening.
• Current or history of drug and/or alcohol abuse.
Efficacy Study of AVI-4658 to Induce Dystrophin Expression in Selected Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy PatientsThis study is designed to assess the eff...
Capricor Therapeutics Announces Positive Results from its Interim Analysis in the HOPE-2 Trial to Treat Patients wit...Capricor Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAP...
An Open-Label Extension Study for Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy who Participated in Studies of SRP-5051The purpose of this extension study is t...
Study of ACE-031 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe purpose of this study is to determin...
New therapeutic approaches: I.9 Treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy: current efforts, bottlenecks and future pr...In the last decade a number of therapeut...
Antisense Oligonucleotides for the Treatment of Cardiomyopathy in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyDuchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is an ...
First Patient Dosed in Phase II Clinical Trial in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyAntisense Therapeutics today announced d...
Avidity Biosciences Receives Investment from CureDuchenneAvidity Biosciences, a privately held bi...