welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
Improved Muscle Function in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Through L-Arginine and Metformin
study id #: NCT02516085
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
The purpose of the study is to show that the intake of L-arginine and metformin improves muscle function and delays disease progression in patients with Duchenne’s muscular dystrophy.
intervention: Metformin, L-Arginine
mechanism of action: Muscle cell engery regulators to prevent muscle loss
last updated: November 22, 2018
start date: January 2012
estimated completion: October 2012
phase of development: Phase 1
size / enrollment: 5
This is an investigator-initiated, open-label, single-center, proof-of-concept-study. The study medication consists of L-arginine and metformin. The duration of the study is 16 weeks and comprehends one screening and four study visits.
- Mean change of muscle metabolism [ Time Frame: baseline to week 16 ]
mitochondrial protein expression analysis in muscular biopsies
- In vivo change of muscle metabolism [ Time Frame: baseline to week 16 ]
indirect calorimetry, Dual-Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry, quantitative thigh muscle MRI, clinical score of muscle performance
• Molecular diagnosis of DMD
• Patients 7 - 10 years of age at time of screening
• Previous (3 months or less) or concomitant participation in another therapeutic trial
• Use of L-arginine, L-citrulline or metformin within the last 3 months
• Known individual hypersensitivity to L-citrulline or metformin
• Other chronic disease or clinical relevant limitation of renal, liver, heart function according to discretion of the investigator
Sarepta Therapeutics to Provide Update on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Gene Therapy ProgramSarepta Therapeutics, Inc., the leader i...
Solid Biosciences Reports Third Quarter 2018 Financial Results And Provides Business UpdateSolid Biosciences Inc. today reported fi...
PDE Inhibitors in DMD Study (Acute Dosing Study)PDE5A inhibition, which boosts NO-cGMP s...
Bone Marrow-Derived Autologous Stem Cells for the Treatment of Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis study is single arm, single center ...
A Phase 1b Study of SMT C1100 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The purpose of this study is to determin...
Stem Cell Therapy in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe purpose of this study was to study t...
Phase 1 Study of Edasalonexent (CAT-1004), an Oral NF-κB Inhibitor, in Pediatric Patients with Duchenne Muscular Dy...Background: Edasalonexent is an orally ...
Wave Life Sciences Receives US Orphan Drug and Rare Pediatric Disease Designations for WVE-210201Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
DuchenneXchange Clinical Trial Finder LaunchesThe DuchenneXchange Clinical Trial Finde...