welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
L-citrulline and Metformin in Becker’s Muscular Dystrophy
study id #: NCT02018731
condition: Becker's Muscular Dystrophy (BMD)
The purpose of the study is to compare the effects of L-citrulline and metformin and their combination therapy on muscle function and force in patients with Becker muscular dystrophy (BMD).
intervention: Metformin and Metformin & L-Citrulline, L-Citrulline and Metformin & L-Citrulline
mechanism of action: Muscle cell engery regulators to prevent muscle loss
last updated: November 22, 2018
start date: June 2013
estimated completion: December 2015
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 20
This is a single center, not-randomized open study. The study medication consists of L-citrulline and metformin administered orally; 5g citrulline and 500mg metformin tablets will be given 3 times daily.
Half of the patients will be treated with metformin during the first 6 weeks of the study. The other patients will receive initially L-citrulline for 6 weeks, before all patients will be treated with the combination therapy (metformin and L-citrulline) for another 6 week period.
The study lasts 12 weeks and includes the screening visit and 3 further visits at baseline, week 6 and week 12.
- Mean change of motor function measure (MFM) D1 subscore after 6 and 12 weeks [ Time Frame: week 6 and week 12 ]
- MFM total score and six minute walking distance (6MWD) [ Time Frame: week 6 and week 12 ]
- Change of muscle fat content (MFC) (assessed by MRI) [ Time Frame: week 6 and week 12 ]
- Change of muscle metabolism (assessed by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) and indirect calorimetry) [ Time Frame: week 6 and week 12 ]
- Change of laboratory parameters (oxidative and nitrosative stress) [ Time Frame: week 6 and week 12 ]
• 18 years or older
• Molecular or immunohistochemical diagnosis of BMD
• ambulant at the time point of screening
• Participation in another therapeutic BMD study within the last 3 months
• Use of L-Arginine, L-Citrulline or Metformin within the last 3 months
• Other chronic disease or relevant limitation of renal, liver, heart function according to discretion of investigator
• known hypersensitivity to L-citrulline or metformin
A Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of Vamorolone in Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)This Phase IIb study is a randomized, do...
Plus Epicatechin Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy in Non-ambulatory AdolescentsThis single center open-label pilot stud...
A Study of CAP-1002 in Ambulatory and Non-Ambulatory Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (HOPE-2)HOPE-2 is a double-blind clinical trial ...
Clinical Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of RO7239361 in Ambulatory Boys With Duchenne Musc...This is a multi-center, randomized, doub...
Study of DS-5141b in Patients With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis is a phase I/II study to evaluate t...
Study of ACE-031 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe purpose of this study is to determin...
Phase IIb Study of PRO045 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe purpose of the study is to see wheth...
PhaseOut DMD: a Phase 2, proof of concept, clinical study of utrophin modulation with ezutromidThis study investigates the hypothesis t...
Capricor Therapeutics Announces Positive Results from its Interim Analysis in the HOPE-2 Trial to Treat Patients wit...Capricor Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAP...
Phase IIa trial in Duchenne muscular dystrophy shows vamorolone is a first-in-class dissociative steroidal anti-infl...We report a first-in-patient study of va...
Effect of a long-term treatment with metformin in dystrophic mdx mice: A reconsideration of its potential clinical i...The pharmacological stimulation of AMP-a...
Safety and efficacy of drisapersen for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DEMAND II): an exploratory, ran...Background: Duchenne muscular dystrophy...