welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
L-citrulline and Metformin in Becker’s Muscular Dystrophy
study id #: NCT02018731
condition: Becker's Muscular Dystrophy (BMD)
The purpose of the study is to compare the effects of L-citrulline and metformin and their combination therapy on muscle function and force in patients with Becker muscular dystrophy (BMD).
intervention: Metformin and Metformin & L-Citrulline, L-Citrulline and Metformin & L-Citrulline
mechanism of action: Muscle cell engery regulators to prevent muscle loss
last updated: November 22, 2018
start date: June 2013
estimated completion: December 2015
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 20
This is a single center, not-randomized open study. The study medication consists of L-citrulline and metformin administered orally; 5g citrulline and 500mg metformin tablets will be given 3 times daily.
Half of the patients will be treated with metformin during the first 6 weeks of the study. The other patients will receive initially L-citrulline for 6 weeks, before all patients will be treated with the combination therapy (metformin and L-citrulline) for another 6 week period.
The study lasts 12 weeks and includes the screening visit and 3 further visits at baseline, week 6 and week 12.
- Mean change of motor function measure (MFM) D1 subscore after 6 and 12 weeks [ Time Frame: week 6 and week 12 ]
- MFM total score and six minute walking distance (6MWD) [ Time Frame: week 6 and week 12 ]
- Change of muscle fat content (MFC) (assessed by MRI) [ Time Frame: week 6 and week 12 ]
- Change of muscle metabolism (assessed by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) and indirect calorimetry) [ Time Frame: week 6 and week 12 ]
- Change of laboratory parameters (oxidative and nitrosative stress) [ Time Frame: week 6 and week 12 ]
• 18 years or older
• Molecular or immunohistochemical diagnosis of BMD
• ambulant at the time point of screening
• Participation in another therapeutic BMD study within the last 3 months
• Use of L-Arginine, L-Citrulline or Metformin within the last 3 months
• Other chronic disease or relevant limitation of renal, liver, heart function according to discretion of investigator
• known hypersensitivity to L-citrulline or metformin
PoC Study to Assess Activity and Safety of SMT C1100 (Ezutromid) in Boys With DMDA Phase 2 Clinical Study to Assess the A...
Phase 2b Extension Study of Ataluren (PTC124) in Duchenne/Becker Muscular Dystrophy (DMD/BMD)Duchenne/Becker muscular dystrophy (DMD/...
First Patient Dosed in Phase II Clinical Trial in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyAntisense Therapeutics today announced d...
PTC Therapeutics Announces Positive Data from its Translarna™ Phase II Clinical Trial in Children as Young as Two ...PTC Therapeutics, Inc. today announced t...
Wave Life Sciences Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Clinical Trial Selected for FDA Complex Innovative Trial Designs Pilo...Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
Roche Letter to the Duchenne CommunityBy now, many have heard about Pfizer's d...
Edasalonexent could reduce functional decline in boys with DMD, MoveDMD phase 2 results suggestResults of the Phase 2 MoveDMD trial sho...