welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
L-citrulline and Metformin in Becker’s Muscular Dystrophy
study id #: NCT02018731
condition: Becker's Muscular Dystrophy (BMD)
The purpose of the study is to compare the effects of L-citrulline and metformin and their combination therapy on muscle function and force in patients with Becker muscular dystrophy (BMD).
intervention: Metformin and Metformin & L-Citrulline, L-Citrulline and Metformin & L-Citrulline
mechanism of action: Muscle cell engery regulators to prevent muscle loss
last updated: November 22, 2018
start date: June 2013
estimated completion: December 2015
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 20
This is a single center, not-randomized open study. The study medication consists of L-citrulline and metformin administered orally; 5g citrulline and 500mg metformin tablets will be given 3 times daily.
Half of the patients will be treated with metformin during the first 6 weeks of the study. The other patients will receive initially L-citrulline for 6 weeks, before all patients will be treated with the combination therapy (metformin and L-citrulline) for another 6 week period.
The study lasts 12 weeks and includes the screening visit and 3 further visits at baseline, week 6 and week 12.
- Mean change of motor function measure (MFM) D1 subscore after 6 and 12 weeks [ Time Frame: week 6 and week 12 ]
- MFM total score and six minute walking distance (6MWD) [ Time Frame: week 6 and week 12 ]
- Change of muscle fat content (MFC) (assessed by MRI) [ Time Frame: week 6 and week 12 ]
- Change of muscle metabolism (assessed by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) and indirect calorimetry) [ Time Frame: week 6 and week 12 ]
- Change of laboratory parameters (oxidative and nitrosative stress) [ Time Frame: week 6 and week 12 ]
• 18 years or older
• Molecular or immunohistochemical diagnosis of BMD
• ambulant at the time point of screening
• Participation in another therapeutic BMD study within the last 3 months
• Use of L-Arginine, L-Citrulline or Metformin within the last 3 months
• Other chronic disease or relevant limitation of renal, liver, heart function according to discretion of investigator
• known hypersensitivity to L-citrulline or metformin
A 2-Part Study to Assess the Safety and Tolerability, pk, Effects on Histology and Some Clinical Parameters of Givin...This is a 2-part, phase 2 study to asses...
Study of Eteplirsen in Young Patients With DMD Amenable to Exon 51 SkippingThis is a multicenter, open-label, dose-...
Clinical Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of RO7239361 in Ambulatory Boys With Duchenne Musc...This is a multi-center, randomized, doub...
(-)- Epicatechin Becker Muscular DystrophyThis is a 48-week open-label extension o...
Wave Life Sciences Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Clinical Trial Selected for FDA Complex Innovative Trial Designs Pilo...Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
A Phase I/II Study of BMN053 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The purpose of the study is to see wheth...
Study of Ataluren in >=2 to <5 Year-Old Males With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis is a Phase 2, multiple-dose, open-l...
Roche Letter to the Duchenne CommunityBy now, many have heard about Pfizer's d...
PTC Therapeutics Announces Positive Data from its Translarna™ Phase II Clinical Trial in Children as Young as Two ...PTC Therapeutics, Inc. today announced t...
A phase 2 trial of the safety and pharmacokinetics of ataluren in patients aged 2 to 5 years with nonsense mutation ...Nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dyst...
First Patient Dosed in Phase II Clinical Trial in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyAntisense Therapeutics today announced d...