welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
L-citrulline and Metformin in Duchenne’s Muscular Dystrophy
study id #: NCT01995032
condition: Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
The purpose of the study is to show that the intake of L-citrulline and metformin improves muscle function and delay of progression in patients with Duchenne’s muscular dystrophy.
intervention: 750 mg metformin and 7.5 g L-citrulline daily p.o., Placebo
mechanism of action: Muscle cell engery regulators to prevent muscle loss
last updated: November 22, 2018
start date: October 2013
estimated completion: March 2016
phase of development: Phase 3
size / enrollment: 47
This is a single center, randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study. The study medication consists of L-citrulline and metformin, respectively placebo given orally; 2.5 g L-citrulline or placebo will be given 3 times daily, metformin containing 250 mg or placebo will be administered 3 times daily. The duration of the study is 26 weeks and comprehends one screening and three study visits.
Amendment 1: Amended eligibility criteria
- Mean change of motor function measure (MFM) D1 subscore (assessing standing and transfers) [ Time Frame: baseline to week 26 ]
- Mean change of MFM total score, the D2, and D3 MFM subscores [ Time Frame: baseline to week 26 ]
- Mean change of six minute walking distance (6MWD) [ Time Frame: baseline to week 26 ]
- Change of quantitative muscle MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) including muscle fat content (MFC) and T2 times of thigh muscles [ Time Frame: baseline to week 26 ]
- Change in the plasma/urine concentration for markers of muscle necrosis, oxidative stress, nitrosative stress, and change of microRNA (miRNA) [ Time Frame: baseline to week 26 ]
- Mean change of quantitative muscle force (QMT) of knee extension and elbow flexion using hand held dynamometry (HHD) [ Time Frame: baseline to week 26 ]
• Molecular diagnosis of DMD
• Patients 6.5 - 10 years of age at time of screening
• Ability to walk 150 m in the 6 min walking distance (6MWT)
• D1 subdomain of the MFM scale >40%
• stable treatment with steroids for >6 months or steroid naïve patients
• Previous (3 months or less) or concomitant participation in another therapeutic trial
• Use of L-citrulline, L-arginine or metformin within the last 3 months
• Known individual hypersensitivity to L-citrulline or metformin
• known or suspected malignancy
• Other chronic disease or clinical relevant limitation of renal, liver, heart function according to discretion of investigator
• start of cortisone treatment or change in dosage <6 months prior to screening
Long-Term Outcomes of Ataluren in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis study is a long-term study of atalu...
Phase 3 Study of Ataluren in Patients With Nonsense Mutation Duchenne Muscular DystrophyDystrophinopathy is a disease continuum ...
Clinical Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of RO7239361 in Ambulatory Boys With Duchenne Musc...This is a multi-center, randomized, doub...
CoQ10 and Prednisone in Non-Ambulatory DMDThis study will help determine if CoQ10 ...
Study of Ataluren in Previously Treated Participants With Nonsense Mutation Dystrophinopathy (nmDBMD)The objective of this study is to assess...
PTC Therapeutics Phase III Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) Clinical TrialPTC Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking pa...
Catabasis Quarterly: Updates on edasalonexent and clinical trialsHappy New Year! As 2019 kicks off, our P...
Ataluren in patients with nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dystrophy (ACT DMD): a multicentre, randomised, double...Background: Duchenne muscular dystrophy...
Catabasis Quarterly: Updates on edasalonexent and clinical trialsWe are pleased to announce that we have ...
Catabasis Pharmaceuticals Initiates Phase 3 PolarisDMD Clinical Trial For Edasalonexent In Duchenne Muscular Dystrop...Catabasis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clini...