welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Long-Term Outcomes of Ataluren in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
study id #: NCT03179631
condition: Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne, Muscular Dystrophies, Muscular Disorders, Atrophic, Muscular Diseases, Musculoskeletal Disease, Neuromuscular Diseases, Nervous System Diseases, Genetic Diseases, X-Linked, Genetic Diseases, Inborn
This study is a long-term study of ataluren in patients with nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
intervention: Ataluren, PLACEBO
mechanism of action: Stop codon read through to promote dystrophin production
last updated: February 26, 2019
start date: July 6, 2017
estimated completion: March 31, 2020
phase of development: Phase 3
size / enrollment: 250
This study is a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, 72-week study followed by a 72-week open-label period. The purpose is to characterize the long-term effects of ataluren-mediated dystrophin restoration on disease progression. Patients will be randomized in a 1:1 ratio to ataluren or placebo. Patients will receive blinded study drug TID at morning, midday, and evening for 72 weeks, after which all patients will receive open-label ataluren for an additional 72 weeks (144 weeks in total). Study assessments will be performed at clinic visits every 12 weeks during the double-blind period and every 24 weeks during the open-label period. The total sample size of ~250 subjects will include ~160 subjects who meet the criteria for inclusion in the primary analysis population (age 7 to 16 years old, baseline 6MWD >=300 meters, supine to stand >=5 seconds). The study will be conducted in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Slope of Change in 6-Minute Walk Distance (6MWD) Over 72 Weeks [ Time Frame: 72 weeks ]
- Change from Baseline to Week 72 in 6MWD [ Time Frame: Baseline, Week 72 ]
- Change from Baseline to Week 72 in Time to Run/Walk 10 Meters [ Time Frame: Baseline, Week 72 ]
- Change from Baseline to Week 72 in Time to Climb 4 Stairs [ Time Frame: Baseline, Week 72 ]
- Change from Baseline to Week 72 in Time to Descend 4 Stairs [ Time Frame: Baseline, Week 72 ]
- Change from Baseline to Week 72 in North Start Ambulatory Assessment (NSAA) Total Score [ Time Frame: Baseline, Week 72 ]
- Time to Loss of Ambulation Over 72 Weeks [ Time Frame: 72 weeks ]
- Time to Loss of Stair-Climbing Over 72 Weeks [ Time Frame: 72 Weeks ]
- Time to Loss of Stair-Descending Over 72 Weeks [ Time Frame: 72 weeks ]
- Risk of Loss of NSAA Items Over 72 weeks [ Time Frame: 72 weels ]
- Number of Treatment-Emergent Adverse Events Considered Related to Study Drug [ Time Frame: 72 weeks ]
• Male sex.
• Age >=5 years.
• Phenotypic evidence of DMD
• Nonsense point mutation in the dystrophin gene
• Use of systemic corticosteroids (prednisone/prednisolone or deflazacort)for a minimum of 12 months immediately prior to start of study treatment, with no significant change in dosage or dosing regimen for a minimum of 3 months immediately prior to start of study treatment
• 6MWD >=150 meters
• Ability to perform timed function tests within 30 seconds
• Willingness and ability to comply with scheduled visits, drug administration plan, study procedures, laboratory tests, and study restrictions.
• Any change in prophylaxis treatment for cardiomyopathy within 1 month prior to start of study treatment.
• Prior or ongoing intravenous (IV) aminoglycoside or IV vancomycin therapy.
• Prior or ongoing therapy with ataluren.
• Known hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients or excipients of the study drug
• Exposure to another investigational drug within 6 months prior to start of study treatment, or ongoing participation in any interventional clinical trial.
• History of major surgical procedure within 12 weeks prior to start of study treatment, or expectation of major surgical procedure during the 72-week placebo-controlled treatment period.
• Requirement for daytime ventilator assistance or any use of invasive mechanical ventilation via tracheostomy.
• Uncontrolled clinical symptoms and signs of congestive heart failure
• Elevated serum creatinine or cystatin C at screening.
Study of Ataluren for Previously Treated Patients With nmDBMD in Europe, Israel, Australia, and CanadaDuchenne/Becker muscular dystrophy (DBMD...
Results of North Star Ambulatory Assessments (NSAA) in the Phase 3 Ataluren Confirmatory Trial in Patients with Nons...Objective: Examine the efficacy of atal...
Wave Life Sciences Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Clinical Trial Selected for FDA Complex Innovative Trial Designs Pilo...Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
L-citrulline and Metformin in Duchenne’s Muscular DystrophyThe purpose of the study is to show that...
Ataluren: An Overview of Clinical Trial Results in Nonsense Mutation Duchenne Muscular DystrophyObjective: Provide an overview of atalu...
PTC Therapeutics Announces Initial Data from Patient Registry Demonstrating Translarna™ (ataluren) Slows Disease P...PTC Therapeutics, Inc. today announced p...
Ataluren treatment of patients with nonsense mutation dystrophinopathyIntroduction: Dystrophinopathy is a ra...