welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
Nebivolol for the Prevention of Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction in Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
study id #: NCT01648634
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Cardiomyopathy, Heart Failure
status: active, not recruitingpurpose:
The objective is to determine whether nebivolol, a beta-blockade drug, can prevent the development of heart disease in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy aged 10 to 15 year-old.
intervention: Nebivolol, Placebo
mechanism of action: Beta-blocker to prevent cardiac function deterioration
last updated: November 22, 2018
start date: February 13, 2012
estimated completion: June 2021
phase of development: Phase 3
size / enrollment: 51
A 1.25 mg-test dose will be administrated to assess the treatment tolerance before randomization. A forced titration of nebivolol and placebo will be performed with 2 weeks periods. Full dose of nebivolol and placebo is 5mg/day (7.5mg/day for patients whose weight is >60kg).
- Left ventricular systolic dysfunction [Time Frame: at 5 years]
Development of left ventricular systolic dysfunction with an ejection fraction < 45%
- Right ventricular ejection fraction [Time Frame: at 5 years]
Right ventricular ejection fraction assessed by radionuclide angiography or echocardiography
- NT-ProBNP [Time Frame: at 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 years]
- Left ventricular dysfunction [Time Frame: at 10 years]
Development of left ventricular dysfunction
- Hospitalizations [Time Frame: at 10 years]
hospitalizations for heart failure
- Mortality [Time Frame: at 10 years ((5-years open label extension)]
• Duchenne muscular dystrophy genetically proven
• Age between 10 and 15 years
• Left ventricular ejection fraction assessed by radionuclide angiography or echocardiography >=50% and measured within 3 months
• Systolic blood pressure >=80 mmHg
• Diastolic blood pressure >=70 mmHg
• Heart rate <50 bpm
• 2nd or 3rd degree atrioventricular blocks, sinus node dysfunction
• Asthma or bronchospasm
• Severe peripheral circulatory disease
• Hypersensitivity to nebivolol or excipients
• Metabolic acidosis
• Blood urea >7 mmol/l
• Liver transaminases enzymes >6 fold the upper limit of normal
• Formal indication for beta-blockade treatment
• Cardiac treatments except angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors
• Participation to another clinical trial within 3 months
Clinical Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of RO7239361 in Ambulatory Boys With Duchenne Musc...This is a multi-center, randomized, doub...
Design of a phase 3 trial to evaluate the long-term efficacy and safety of ataluren in patients with nonsense mutati...Ataluren is conditionally approved by th...
Givinostat in Duchenne’s Muscular Dystrophy Long-term Safety and Tolerability StudyThis is an open label, long-term safety,...
Study of Ataluren for Previously Treated Patients With nmDBMD in Europe, Israel, Australia, and CanadaDuchenne/Becker muscular dystrophy (DBMD...
Finding the Optimum Regimen for Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe Finding the Optimum Regimen for Duch...
Wave Life Sciences Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Clinical Trial Selected for FDA Complex Innovative Trial Designs Pilo...Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
PTC Therapeutics Phase III Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) Clinical TrialPTC Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking pa...
Catabasis Quarterly: Updates on edasalonexent and clinical trialsWe are pleased to announce that we have ...
Ataluren in patients with nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dystrophy (ACT DMD): a multicentre, randomised, double...Background: Duchenne muscular dystrophy...