welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
Nebivolol for the Prevention of Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction in Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
study id #: NCT01648634
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Cardiomyopathy, Heart Failure
status: active, not recruitingpurpose:
The objective is to determine whether nebivolol, a beta-blockade drug, can prevent the development of heart disease in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy aged 10 to 15 year-old.
intervention: Nebivolol, Placebo
mechanism of action: Beta-blocker to prevent cardiac function deterioration
last updated: November 22, 2018
start date: February 13, 2012
estimated completion: June 2021
phase of development: Phase 3
size / enrollment: 51
A 1.25 mg-test dose will be administrated to assess the treatment tolerance before randomization. A forced titration of nebivolol and placebo will be performed with 2 weeks periods. Full dose of nebivolol and placebo is 5mg/day (7.5mg/day for patients whose weight is >60kg).
- Left ventricular systolic dysfunction [Time Frame: at 5 years]
Development of left ventricular systolic dysfunction with an ejection fraction < 45%
- Right ventricular ejection fraction [Time Frame: at 5 years]
Right ventricular ejection fraction assessed by radionuclide angiography or echocardiography
- NT-ProBNP [Time Frame: at 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 years]
- Left ventricular dysfunction [Time Frame: at 10 years]
Development of left ventricular dysfunction
- Hospitalizations [Time Frame: at 10 years]
hospitalizations for heart failure
- Mortality [Time Frame: at 10 years ((5-years open label extension)]
• Duchenne muscular dystrophy genetically proven
• Age between 10 and 15 years
• Left ventricular ejection fraction assessed by radionuclide angiography or echocardiography >=50% and measured within 3 months
• Systolic blood pressure >=80 mmHg
• Diastolic blood pressure >=70 mmHg
• Heart rate <50 bpm
• 2nd or 3rd degree atrioventricular blocks, sinus node dysfunction
• Asthma or bronchospasm
• Severe peripheral circulatory disease
• Hypersensitivity to nebivolol or excipients
• Metabolic acidosis
• Blood urea >7 mmol/l
• Liver transaminases enzymes >6 fold the upper limit of normal
• Formal indication for beta-blockade treatment
• Cardiac treatments except angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors
• Participation to another clinical trial within 3 months
CoQ10 and Prednisone in Non-Ambulatory DMDThis study will help determine if CoQ10 ...
Finding the Optimum Regimen for Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe Finding the Optimum Regimen for Duch...
A Clinical Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of GSK2402968 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe purpose of this study is to determin...
Clinical Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of RO7239361 in Ambulatory Boys With Duchenne Musc...This is a multi-center, randomized, doub...
Bisoprolol in DMD Early CardiomyopathyThis study aimed to use cardiac magnetic...
Phase 3 Study of Ataluren in Participants With Nonsense Mutation Duchenne Muscular DystrophyDystrophinopathy is a disease continuum ...
Ataluren in patients with nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dystrophy (ACT DMD): a multicentre, randomised, double...Background: Duchenne muscular dystrophy...
Randomised Placebo-Controlled Trial of Combination ACE Inhibitor and Beta-Blocker Therapy to Prevent Cardiomyopathy ...Introduction: Although cardiologists we...
Catabasis Pharmaceuticals Initiates Phase 3 PolarisDMD Clinical Trial For Edasalonexent In Duchenne Muscular Dystrop...Catabasis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clini...
DuchenneXchange Clinical Trial Finder LaunchesThe DuchenneXchange Clinical Trial Finde...
Wave Life Sciences Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Clinical Trial Selected for FDA Complex Innovative Trial Designs Pilo...Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...