welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
Exploratory Study of NS-089/NCNP-02 in DMD
study id #: NCT04129294
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
status: enrolling by invitationpurpose:
This study is designed to assess the safety, tolerability, efficacy and pharmacokinetics (PK) of NS-089/NCNP-02 in subjects diagnosed with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD), and to determine the dosage for subsequent studies.
mechanism of action: Exon-skipping to promote dystrophin production
last updated: December 10, 2019
start date: December 2, 2019
estimated completion: March 31, 2021
phase of development: Phase 1/Phase 2
size / enrollment: 6
- Safety and tolerability [ Time Frame: 36 weeks of Part 2 (24 weeks treatment period and 12 weeks follow up period) ]
Adverse event and adverse drug reaction
- Expression of dystrophin protein [ Time Frame: At the end of the treatment period (24 weeks) of Part 2 ]
Expression of dystrophin protein
- NSAA [ Time Frame: At the end of the treatment period (24 weeks) of Part 2 ]
North Star Ambulatory Assessment
- TTSTAND [ Time Frame: At the end of the treatment period (24 weeks) of Part 2 ]
Time to Stand Test
- TTRW [ Time Frame: At the end of the treatment period (24 weeks) of Part 2 ]
Time to Run/Walk 10 Meters test
- 6MWT and 2MWT [ Time Frame: At the end of the treatment period (24 weeks) of Part 2 ]
Six-Minute Walk Test (6MWT) and Two-Minute Walk Test (2MWT)
- TUG [ Time Frame: At the end of the treatment period (24 weeks) of Part 2 ]
Timed Up & Go (TUG) test
- PUL [ Time Frame: At the end of the treatment period (24 weeks) of Part 2 ]
Performance of Upper Limb test
- Detection of exon 44-skipped mRNA of dystrophin in muscle tissue [ Time Frame: At the end of the treatment period (24 weeks) of Part 2 ]
Detection of exon 44-skipped mRNA of dystrophin in muscle tissue
- NS-089/NCNP-02 concentration of the blood plasma [ Time Frame: At the end of Part 2 (24 weeks treatment period and 12 weeks follow up period) ]
NS-089/NCNP-02 concentration of the blood plasma
- Serum Creatine kinase concentration [ Time Frame: At the end of Part 2 (24 weeks treatment period and 12 weeks follow up period) ]
Serum Creatine kinase concentration
• Eligible Sexes: male
• Has an out of frame deletion(s) that could be corrected by skipping exon 44 as confirmed by any of methodology at the time of visit 1. If not confirmed by any of methodology that evaluates the relative copy number of all exons (i.e. MLPA etc), must be confirmed through these techniques by the time of visit 3.
• DNA sequencing of exon 44 confirms that no DNA polymorphisms occur that could compromise duplex formation between NS-089/NCNP-02 and pre-mRNA.
• Male and >= 8 years and < 17 years of age at the time of obtaining informed consent and/or assent. Subjects aged >= 4 years and < 8 years can be enrolled according to the circumstances.
• Able to give informed consent in writing signed by parent(s) or legal guardian who is able to understand all of the study procedure requirements. If applicable, able to give informed assent in writing signed by the subject.
• Life expectancy of at least 1 year
• Able to ambulate. Non-ambulant subject can be enrolled according to the circumstances.
• Have intact muscles, which have adequate quality for biopsy. (No lacks or severe atrophy of biceps brachii or tibialis anterior muscle)
• QTc <450 msec (based on 12-lead ECGs), or <480 msec for subject with Bundle Branch Block.
• Glucocorticoid-naive patients, or patients who have used systemic glucocorticoids for at least 6 months prior to enrollment in this study with no dose changes for at least 3 months prior to enrollment.
• Has participated in other pharmacological clinical trial that might recover dystrophin protein by the readthrough or the exon-skipping therapy, and/or upregulate the dystrophin-associated proteins such as utrophin.
• A forced vital capacity (FVC) < 50% of predicted.
• Continuous use of artificial respirator (except for use of NPPV while sleeping)
• A left ventricular ejection fraction (EF) < 40% or fractional shortening (FS) < 25% based on echocardiogram (ECHO).
• Surgery within the last 3 months prior to the first anticipated administration of study medication or planned for anytime between visit 1 of Part 1 and the last visit of Part 2.
• Positive hepatitis B surface antigen (HbsAg), hepatitis C antibody test (HCV), or human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) test at screening.
• Current diagnosis of any immune deficiency or autoimmune disease.
• Current diagnosis of any active or uncontrolled infection, cardiomyopathy, or liver or renal disease.
• Use of any other investigational agents and/or experimental agents within 3 months prior to the first anticipated administration of study medication.
• History of any severe drug allergy.
Can a drug cure genetic disease? | Steve Wilton | TEDxPerthhttps://youtu.be/qgfwOuvMLrE...
Wave Life Sciences Announces Suvodirsen Phase 1 Safety and Tolerability Data and Phase 2/3 Clinical Trial DesignWave Life Sciences Ltd., a clinical-stag...
Extension Study of BMN 044 in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The aim of this study is to provide cont...
Long-Term Treatment With Eteplirsen in Nonambulatory Patients With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis analysis aims to describe the outco...
FDA paves way for clinical trials of Sarepta’s Duchenne MD therapy SRP-5051The U.S. Food and Drug Administration ha...
Results at 96 Weeks of a Phase IIb Extension Study of the Exon-Skipping Drug Eteplirsen in Patients with Duchenne Mu...Objective: The objective of this study ...
New therapeutic approaches: I.9 Treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy: current efforts, bottlenecks and future pr...In the last decade a number of therapeut...