welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
Observational Study of Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Theoretically Treatable With Exon 53 Skipping
study id #: NCT01385917
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
PreU7-53 is a natural history study. The objective is to monitor the clinical and radiological course of upper limb muscle impairment in patients with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD), potentially treatable with AAV-mediated exon 53 skipping.
mechanism of action: No pharmaceutical intervention
last updated: March 28, 2019
start date: October 2011
estimated completion: December 2018
size / enrollment: 45
- PreU7-53 is a natural history study [Time Frame: Every year]
The objective is to monitor the clinical and radiological course of upper limb muscle impairment in patients with DMD, potentially treatable with AAV-mediated exon 53 skipping.
• Diagnosis of Duchenne muscular dystrophy confirmed by at least genetic testing, theoretically treatable by exon 53 skipping.
• Age between >= 12 and <20 years old.
• Non ambulant patients (ie. inability to walk more than 10 meters without any of assistance).
• Patients covered by a national health insurance scheme.
• Signed informed consent.
• Patient incapable of sitting upright in a wheelchair for at least one hour.
• Patients with severe intellectual impairment preventing them from fully understanding the exercises to be performed.
• Recent (less than 6 months ago) upper limb surgery or trauma This criteria is however no definitive. Patients who have undergone upper limb surgery or trauma may nonetheless be enrolled once the 6 month period is over.
• Known immune deficiency.
• Contraindications to NMR exams
Expanded Access Program for Idebenone in Participants With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The primary objective of this Expanded A...
Biomechanical and Morphological Changes in Dystrophic MuscleThe loss of ability to walk in many chil...
A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study of SRP-9001 for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The purpose of this study is to evaluate...
Virtual Reality in Individuals With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyWith the growing accessibility of comput...
Study of Ataluren for Previously Treated Patients With nmDBMD in Europe, Israel, Australia, and CanadaDuchenne/Becker muscular dystrophy (DBMD...
Santhera to present novel data highlighting the clinical relevance of peak expiratory flow as predictor of disease p...Santhera Pharmaceuticals announces that ...
First targeted treatment success for Duchenne muscular dystrophyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkxTn46_...
Pfizer Presents Initial Clinical Data on Phase 1b Gene Therapy Study for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE) will present init...
FibroGen Receives Fast Track Designation From the U.S. FDA for Pamrevlumab for the Treatment of Idiopathic Pulmonary...FibroGen, Inc., a biopharmaceutical comp...
Edasalonexent could reduce functional decline in boys with DMD, MoveDMD phase 2 results suggestResults of the Phase 2 MoveDMD trial sho...