welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Observational Study of Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Theoretically Treatable With Exon 53 Skipping
study id #: NCT01385917
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
PreU7-53 is a natural history study. The objective is to monitor the clinical and radiological course of upper limb muscle impairment in patients with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD), potentially treatable with AAV-mediated exon 53 skipping.
mechanism of action: No pharmaceutical intervention
last updated: March 28, 2019
start date: October 2011
estimated completion: December 2018
size / enrollment: 45
- PreU7-53 is a natural history study [Time Frame: Every year]
The objective is to monitor the clinical and radiological course of upper limb muscle impairment in patients with DMD, potentially treatable with AAV-mediated exon 53 skipping.
• Diagnosis of Duchenne muscular dystrophy confirmed by at least genetic testing, theoretically treatable by exon 53 skipping.
• Age between >= 12 and <20 years old.
• Non ambulant patients (ie. inability to walk more than 10 meters without any of assistance).
• Patients covered by a national health insurance scheme.
• Signed informed consent.
• Patient incapable of sitting upright in a wheelchair for at least one hour.
• Patients with severe intellectual impairment preventing them from fully understanding the exercises to be performed.
• Recent (less than 6 months ago) upper limb surgery or trauma This criteria is however no definitive. Patients who have undergone upper limb surgery or trauma may nonetheless be enrolled once the 6 month period is over.
• Known immune deficiency.
• Contraindications to NMR exams
An Extension Study to Assess Vamorolone in Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The main purposes of this study are to s...
Exploratory Study of NS-065/NCNP-01 in DMDThis study is designed to assess the saf...
Sunphenon Epigallocatechin-Gallate (EGCg) in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe aim of this multicentre, prospective...
Roche Letter to the Duchenne CommunityBy now, many have heard about Pfizer's d...
An Extension Study to Evaluate Casimersen or Golodirsen in Patients With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe main objective of this study is to e...
PDE Inhibitors in DMD Study (Acute Dosing Study)PDE5A inhibition, which boosts NO-cGMP s...
Edasalonexent could reduce functional decline in boys with DMD, MoveDMD phase 2 results suggestResults of the Phase 2 MoveDMD trial sho...
“Watching time tick by…”: Decision making for Duchenne muscular dystrophy trialsObjective:This interview study explored ...
Extracellular RNAs in Urine May Work as Biomarker for Duchenne and Myotonic Dystrophy PatientsExtracellular RNAs found in urine may be...
Rare diseases require unique approaches in clinical trial designThere are 7,000 known rare diseases and ...