welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Observational Study of Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Theoretically Treatable With Exon 53 Skipping
study id #: NCT01385917
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
PreU7-53 is a natural history study. The objective is to monitor the clinical and radiological course of upper limb muscle impairment in patients with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD), potentially treatable with AAV-mediated exon 53 skipping.
mechanism of action: No pharmaceutical intervention
last updated: March 28, 2019
start date: October 2011
estimated completion: December 2018
size / enrollment: 45
- PreU7-53 is a natural history study [Time Frame: Every year]
The objective is to monitor the clinical and radiological course of upper limb muscle impairment in patients with DMD, potentially treatable with AAV-mediated exon 53 skipping.
• Diagnosis of Duchenne muscular dystrophy confirmed by at least genetic testing, theoretically treatable by exon 53 skipping.
• Age between >= 12 and <20 years old.
• Non ambulant patients (ie. inability to walk more than 10 meters without any of assistance).
• Patients covered by a national health insurance scheme.
• Signed informed consent.
• Patient incapable of sitting upright in a wheelchair for at least one hour.
• Patients with severe intellectual impairment preventing them from fully understanding the exercises to be performed.
• Recent (less than 6 months ago) upper limb surgery or trauma This criteria is however no definitive. Patients who have undergone upper limb surgery or trauma may nonetheless be enrolled once the 6 month period is over.
• Known immune deficiency.
• Contraindications to NMR exams
A Study of TAS-205 for Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe objective of this study is to evalua...
Safety and Tolerability of WVE-210201 in Patients With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis is a Phase 1, double-blind, placebo...
HT-100 Long-term Study in DMD Patients Who Completed HALO-DMD-02This study, HALO-DMD-03, is a follow-on ...
Muscle Oxygenation in Effort in Neuromuscular DiseasesPrevious studies showed modifications of...
Myocardial Involvement in Carriers of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: An MRI-studyCarriers of Duchenne muscular dystrophy ...
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy < 18y in Norway: Genotype/Phenotype, Growth, Puberty, Bone Health and Quality of LifeThe study will give a consent based epid...
Duchenne muscular dystrophy: How muscle cells journey to the dark sidePromoting repair of dystrophic muscles i...
Safety and efficacy of drisapersen for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DEMAND II): an exploratory, ran...Background: Duchenne muscular dystrophy...
ReveraGen Announces First Patient Enrollment in International Pivotal Trial of Vamorolone in Duchenne Muscular Dystr...ReveraGen BioPharma, Inc. today announce...
Santhera Submits Marketing Authorization Application to the European Medicines Agency for Puldysa® (Idebenone) in D...Santhera Pharmaceuticals announces that ...
Clinical trial of gene therapy for Duchenne muscular dystrophy underway at University of Florida HealthScreening has resumed in a clinical tria...