welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
An Open-Label Extension Study of Edasalonexent in Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (GalaxyDMD)
study id #: NCT03917719
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
status: enrolling by invitationpurpose:
The GalaxyDMD study is a global Phase 3, open-label, treatment extension study to evaluate the safety, tolerability, and durability of effect in long-term dosing of edasalonexent in pediatric patients with a genetically confirmed diagnosis of DMD. Patients who completed CAT-1004-201 or CAT-1004-301 or siblings of these boys from 4-12 years of age (up to 13th birthday) will be enrolled.
Edasalonexent is an orally administered small molecule that inhibits NF-kB, which is a key link between loss of dystrophin and disease pathology and plays a fundamental role in the initiation and progression of skeletal and cardiac muscle disease in DMD.
mechanism of action: NF-KB inhibitor to prevent muscle damage and promote muscle regeneration
last updated: July 19, 2020
start date: March 14, 2019
estimated completion: September 2022
phase of development: Phase 3
size / enrollment: 140
The study includes a 104-week open-label treatment period with edasalonexent. Patients who completed CAT-1004-201 or CAT-1004-301 and eligible siblings of these boys will be enrolled in this trial.
- Safety and tolerability of long-term treatment with edasalonexent measured by number of treatment-emergent adverse events (TEAEs) and serious adverse events (SAEs) [ Time Frame: 104 Weeks ]
- Durability of effects of edasalonexent on physical function as measured by the North Star Ambulatory Assessment (NSAA) [ Time Frame: 104 Weeks ]
- Durability of effects of edasalonexent on physical function as measured by the 10-meter walk/run test [ Time Frame: 104 Weeks ]
- Durability of effects of edasalonexent on physical function as measured by the time to stand from supine [ Time Frame: 104 Weeks ]
- Durability of effects of edasalonexent on physical function as measured by the 4-stair climb [ Time Frame: 104 Weeks ]
• Eligible Sexes: male
• Completion of either CAT-1004-201 or CAT-1004-301
• In the Investigator's opinion, unwilling or unable for any reason to complete all study assessments and laboratory tests and comply with scheduled visits, administration of drug, and all other study procedures
Phase 1 Study of Edasalonexent (CAT-1004), an Oral NF-κB Inhibitor, in Pediatric Patients with Duchenne Muscular Dy...Background: Edasalonexent is an orally ...
A Phase IIa Study of TAS-205 for Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe objective of this study is to evalua...
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Clinical TrialThe primary objective of this investigat...
A Study of CAP-1002 in Ambulatory and Non-Ambulatory Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (HOPE-2)HOPE-2 is a double-blind clinical trial ...
Capricor places Duchenne drug trial on holdCapricor Therapeutics Inc said on Wednes...
Safety and Efficacy of P-188 NF in DMD PatientsThis is an open-label study to evaluate ...
Transplantation of Myoblasts to Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) PatientsThis Phase I/II of the clinical trial is...
Capricor Therapeutics to Meet With FDA to Discuss CAP-1002 to Treat Duchenne Muscular DystrophyCapricor Therapeutics, a clinical-stage ...
FDA grants RASRx1902 orphan drug status as potential therapy for Duchenne muscular dystrophyThe U.S. Food and Drug Administration ha...
Mallinckrodt’s MNK-1411 gets orphan drug status for DMDMallinckrodt plc MNK announced that the ...