welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
An Open-Label Extension Study of Edasalonexent in Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (GalaxyDMD)
study id #: NCT03917719
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
status: enrolling by invitationpurpose:
The GalaxyDMD study is a global Phase 3, open-label, treatment extension study to evaluate the safety, tolerability, and durability of effect in long-term dosing of edasalonexent in pediatric patients with a genetically confirmed diagnosis of DMD. Patients who completed CAT-1004-201 or CAT-1004-301 or siblings of these boys from 4-10 years of age (up to 11th birthday) will be enrolled.
Edasalonexent is an orally administered small molecule that inhibits NF-kB, which is a key link between loss of dystrophin and disease pathology and plays a fundamental role in the initiation and progression of skeletal and cardiac muscle disease in DMD.
mechanism of action: NF-KB inhibitor to prevent muscle damage and promote muscle regeneration
last updated: December 11, 2019
start date: March 14, 2019
estimated completion: June 2022
phase of development: Phase 3
size / enrollment: 100
The study includes a 104-week open-label treatment period with edasalonexent. Patients who completed CAT-1004-201 or CAT-1004-301 and eligible siblings of these boys will be enrolled in this trial.
- Safety and tolerability of long-term treatment with edasalonexent measured by number of treatment-emergent adverse events (TEAEs) and serious adverse events (SAEs) [ Time Frame: 104 Weeks ]
- Durability of effects of edasalonexent on physical function as measured by the North Star Ambulatory Assessment (NSAA) [ Time Frame: 104 Weeks ]
- Durability of effects of edasalonexent on physical function as measured by the 10-meter walk/run test [ Time Frame: 104 Weeks ]
- Durability of effects of edasalonexent on physical function as measured by the time to stand from supine [ Time Frame: 104 Weeks ]
- Durability of effects of edasalonexent on physical function as measured by the 4-stair climb [ Time Frame: 104 Weeks ]
• Written consent/assent by patient and/or legal guardian as per regional and/or Institutional Review Board (IRB)/Independent Ethics Committee (IEC) requirements
• Completion of either CAT-1004-201 or CAT-1004-301
• In the Investigator's opinion, unwilling or unable for any reason to complete all study assessments and laboratory tests and comply with scheduled visits, administration of drug, and all other study procedures
Phase 1 Study of Edasalonexent (CAT-1004), an Oral NF-κB Inhibitor, in Pediatric Patients with Duchenne Muscular Dy...Background: Edasalonexent is an orally ...
Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of Viltolarsen in Ambulant Boys With DMDThe main objective of this study is to e...
FibroGen Receives Fast Track Designation From the U.S. FDA for Pamrevlumab for the Treatment of Idiopathic Pulmonary...FibroGen, Inc., a biopharmaceutical comp...
Phase IIb Study of PRO045 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe purpose of the study is to see wheth...
Trial of Pamrevlumab (FG-3019), in Non-Ambulatory Subjects With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)This is a Phase 2, open-label, single ar...
Treatment Effect of Tamoxifen on Patients With DMDDuchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is a p...
Rimeporide: safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetic results from a phase Ib study in DMD boys as well as explorator...In Duchenne muscular dystrophy, impaired...
FibroGen Receives Orphan Drug Designation from the U.S. FDA For Pamrevlumab for the Treatment of Duchenne Muscular D...FibroGen, Inc., a leading biopharmaceu...
FDA grants RASRx1902 orphan drug status as potential therapy for Duchenne muscular dystrophyThe U.S. Food and Drug Administration ha...