welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
An Open-Label Extension Study of Edasalonexent in Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (GalaxyDMD)
study id #: NCT03917719
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
status: enrolling by invitationpurpose:
The GalaxyDMD study is a global Phase 3, open-label, treatment extension study to evaluate the safety, tolerability, and durability of effect in long-term dosing of edasalonexent in pediatric patients with a genetically confirmed diagnosis of DMD. Patients who completed CAT-1004-201 or CAT-1004-301 or siblings of these boys from 4-12 years of age (up to 13th birthday) will be enrolled.
Edasalonexent is an orally administered small molecule that inhibits NF-kB, which is a key link between loss of dystrophin and disease pathology and plays a fundamental role in the initiation and progression of skeletal and cardiac muscle disease in DMD.
mechanism of action: NF-KB inhibitor to prevent muscle damage and promote muscle regeneration
last updated: May 28, 2020
start date: March 14, 2019
estimated completion: June 2022
phase of development: Phase 3
size / enrollment: 140
The study includes a 104-week open-label treatment period with edasalonexent. Patients who completed CAT-1004-201 or CAT-1004-301 and eligible siblings of these boys will be enrolled in this trial.
- Safety and tolerability of long-term treatment with edasalonexent measured by number of treatment-emergent adverse events (TEAEs) and serious adverse events (SAEs) [ Time Frame: 104 Weeks ]
- Durability of effects of edasalonexent on physical function as measured by the North Star Ambulatory Assessment (NSAA) [ Time Frame: 104 Weeks ]
- Durability of effects of edasalonexent on physical function as measured by the 10-meter walk/run test [ Time Frame: 104 Weeks ]
- Durability of effects of edasalonexent on physical function as measured by the time to stand from supine [ Time Frame: 104 Weeks ]
- Durability of effects of edasalonexent on physical function as measured by the 4-stair climb [ Time Frame: 104 Weeks ]
• Eligible Sexes: male
• Written consent/assent by patient and/or legal guardian as per regional and/or Institutional Review Board (IRB)/Independent Ethics Committee (IEC) requirements
• Completion of either CAT-1004-201 or CAT-1004-301
• In the Investigator's opinion, unwilling or unable for any reason to complete all study assessments and laboratory tests and comply with scheduled visits, administration of drug, and all other study procedures
Phase 1 Study of Edasalonexent (CAT-1004), an Oral NF-κB Inhibitor, in Pediatric Patients with Duchenne Muscular Dy...Background: Edasalonexent is an orally ...
Capricor Therapeutics to Meet With FDA to Discuss CAP-1002 to Treat Duchenne Muscular DystrophyCapricor Therapeutics, a clinical-stage ...
Single Escalating Dose Pilot Trial of Canakinumab (ILARIS®) in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyCanakinumab is an anti-interleukin 1 bet...
Safety and Efficacy of P-188 NF in DMD PatientsThis is an open-label study to evaluate ...
First Patient Enrolled in Mallinckrodt’s Phase 2 Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy TrialMallinckrodt plc, a leading global spec...
The Expanded Access Use of Viltolarsen in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy With Confirmed Exon 53 Amenable MutationThis is an open label expanded access pr...
A Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of MNK-1411 in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis is a multicenter, double blind, pla...
Capricor places Duchenne drug trial on holdCapricor Therapeutics Inc said on Wednes...
Capricor Therapeutics Expands Exosome Technology for DMDCapricor Therapeutics is expanding the d...