welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Open Label Extension Study of HT-100 in Patients With DMD
study id #: NCT01978366
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
This study is designed to provide 6-months continuous dosing with the study medication, called HT-100, on participants who successfully completed the predecessor study (HALO-DMD-01). The main purpose of this study is to assess chronic safety, tolerability, pharmacodynamic activity (testing the drug’s effect on DMD) and population pharmacokinetics (measuring how much drug is in the bloodstream) in participants with a broad spectrum of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD).
mechanism of action: Small molecule designed to reduce fibrosis and inflammation
last updated: August 01, 2019
start date: October 2013
estimated completion: April 30, 2016
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 17
- Safety and tolerability of administration of 6 months of chronic, oral, multiple doses of HT-100 to boys with DMD. [Time Frame: Months 2, 4, 6, 7]
• Target Safety profile by review of adverse events (AEs)
• Physical examination findings
• Clinical laboratory test results
• Other diagnostic testing
- Pharmacodynamic signals of HT-100 following chronic oral administration of multiple doses to boys with DMD. [Time Frame: Months 4, 6, 7]
• Pulmonary function
• Motor function
• Muscle composition
• Biochemical and imaging markers
- Pharmacokinetic plasma profile of HT-100 following chronic oral administration of multiple doses to boys with DMD. [Time Frame: Months 4, 6]
Halofuginone plasma concentrations
• Completed both the single ascending dose (SAD) and multiple ascending dose (MAD) phases of predecessor study HALO-DMD-01
• Maintained the same corticosteroid therapy from the predecessor study HALO-DMD-01
• Ability to provide written informed consent
• Ambulatory or non-ambulatory
• Recent, substantial change in use of cardiac medications or medications affecting muscle function
• Clinically significant major disease, not related to DMD
• Significantly compromised cardio-respiratory function
• History of severe allergic or anaphylactic reactions
• Prior treatment with another investigational product in past 6 months
• Inability to undergo magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
• Current drug or alcohol abuse or prior treatment for abuse
An Extension Study to Assess Vamorolone in Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The main purposes of this study are to s...
Effect of Modulating the nNOS System on Cardiac, Muscular and Cognitive Function in Becker Muscular Dystrophy Patien...This study is done to evaluate whether t...
Historically Controlled Trial of Corticosteroids in Young Boys With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyWhile it has been known for many years t...
PTC Therapeutics Announces Positive Data from its Translarna™ Phase II Clinical Trial in Children as Young as Two ...PTC Therapeutics, Inc. today announced t...
Phase 2b Extension Study of Ataluren (PTC124) in Duchenne/Becker Muscular Dystrophy (DMD/BMD)Duchenne/Becker muscular dystrophy (DMD/...
Oral Ifetroban in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyDuchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is a d...
A Clinical Study to Assess Two Doses of GSK2402968 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The purpose of this study is to determin...
A phase 2 trial of the safety and pharmacokinetics of ataluren in patients aged 2 to 5 years with nonsense mutation ...Nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dyst...
MoveDMD: phase 2 trial of edasalonexent, an NF-κB inhibitor, in 4 to 7-year old patients with Duchenne muscular dys...NF-κB is activated from infancy in DMD,...
Capricor Therapeutics Announces Positive Results from its Interim Analysis in the HOPE-2 Trial to Treat Patients wit...Capricor Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAP...
Potential DMD Therapy Vamorolone Shows Positive Effects in Phase 2a Trial, Study ReportsVamorolone, a Duchenne muscular dystroph...