welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Open Label Extension Study of HT-100 in Patients With DMD
study id #: NCT01978366
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
This study is designed to provide 6-months continuous dosing with the study medication, called HT-100, on participants who successfully completed the predecessor study (HALO-DMD-01). The main purpose of this study is to assess chronic safety, tolerability, pharmacodynamic activity (testing the drug’s effect on DMD) and population pharmacokinetics (measuring how much drug is in the bloodstream) in participants with a broad spectrum of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD).
mechanism of action: Small molecule designed to reduce fibrosis and inflammation
last updated: April 01, 2019
start date: October 2013
estimated completion: April 30, 2016
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 17
- Safety and tolerability of administration of 6 months of chronic, oral, multiple doses of HT-100 to boys with DMD. [Time Frame: Months 2, 4, 6, 7]
• Target Safety profile by review of adverse events (AEs)
• Physical examination findings
• Clinical laboratory test results
• Other diagnostic testing
- Pharmacodynamic signals of HT-100 following chronic oral administration of multiple doses to boys with DMD. [Time Frame: Months 4, 6, 7]
• Pulmonary function
• Motor function
• Muscle composition
• Biochemical and imaging markers
- Pharmacokinetic plasma profile of HT-100 following chronic oral administration of multiple doses to boys with DMD. [Time Frame: Months 4, 6]
Halofuginone plasma concentrations
• Completed both the single ascending dose (SAD) and multiple ascending dose (MAD) phases of predecessor study HALO-DMD-01
• Maintained the same corticosteroid therapy from the predecessor study HALO-DMD-01
• Ability to provide written informed consent
• Ambulatory or non-ambulatory
• Recent, substantial change in use of cardiac medications or medications affecting muscle function
• Clinically significant major disease, not related to DMD
• Significantly compromised cardio-respiratory function
• History of severe allergic or anaphylactic reactions
• Prior treatment with another investigational product in past 6 months
• Inability to undergo magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
• Current drug or alcohol abuse or prior treatment for abuse
Phase IIb Study of PRO045 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe purpose of the study is to see wheth...
Safety Study of Eteplirsen to Treat Early Stage Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis is an open-label study to assess th...
Open Label, Extension Study of PRO044 in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The purpose of this study is to see whet...
Wave Life Sciences Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Clinical Trial Selected for FDA Complex Innovative Trial Designs Pilo...Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
Plus Epicatechin Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy in Non-ambulatory AdolescentsThis single center open-label pilot stud...
Extension Study of NS-065/NCNP-01 in Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)This is an open-label, extension study o...
(-)- Epicatechin Becker Muscular DystrophyThis is a 48-week open-label extension o...
Phase IIa trial in Duchenne muscular dystrophy shows vamorolone is a first-in-class dissociative steroidal anti-infl...We report a first-in-patient study of va...
Edasalonexent could reduce functional decline in boys with DMD, MoveDMD phase 2 results suggestResults of the Phase 2 MoveDMD trial sho...
PhaseOut DMD: a Phase 2, proof of concept, clinical study of utrophin modulation with ezutromidThis study investigates the hypothesis t...
Potential DMD Therapy Vamorolone Shows Positive Effects in Phase 2a Trial, Study ReportsVamorolone, a Duchenne muscular dystroph...