welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
Open Label Extension Study of HT-100 in Patients With DMD
study id #: NCT01978366
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
This study is designed to provide 6-months continuous dosing with the study medication, called HT-100, on participants who successfully completed the predecessor study (HALO-DMD-01). The main purpose of this study is to assess chronic safety, tolerability, pharmacodynamic activity (testing the drug’s effect on DMD) and population pharmacokinetics (measuring how much drug is in the bloodstream) in participants with a broad spectrum of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD).
mechanism of action: Small molecule designed to reduce fibrosis and inflammation
last updated: September 08, 2020
start date: October 2013
estimated completion: April 30, 2016
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 17
- Safety and tolerability of administration of 6 months of chronic, oral, multiple doses of HT-100 to boys with DMD. [Time Frame: Months 2, 4, 6, 7]
• Target Safety profile by review of adverse events (AEs)
• Physical examination findings
• Clinical laboratory test results
• Other diagnostic testing
- Pharmacodynamic signals of HT-100 following chronic oral administration of multiple doses to boys with DMD. [Time Frame: Months 4, 6, 7]
• Pulmonary function
• Motor function
• Muscle composition
• Biochemical and imaging markers
- Pharmacokinetic plasma profile of HT-100 following chronic oral administration of multiple doses to boys with DMD. [Time Frame: Months 4, 6]
Halofuginone plasma concentrations
• Eligible Sexes: male
• Completed both the single ascending dose (SAD) and multiple ascending dose (MAD) phases of predecessor study HALO-DMD-01
• Maintained the same corticosteroid therapy from the predecessor study HALO-DMD-01
• Ability to provide written informed consent
• Ambulatory or non-ambulatory
• Recent, substantial change in use of cardiac medications or medications affecting muscle function
• Clinically significant major disease, not related to DMD
• Significantly compromised cardio-respiratory function
• History of severe allergic or anaphylactic reactions
• Prior treatment with another investigational product in past 6 months
• Inability to undergo magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
• Current drug or alcohol abuse or prior treatment for abuse
Study of Ataluren (PTC124) in Nonambulatory Participants With Nonsense-Mutation-Mediated Duchenne/Becker Muscular Dy...Duchenne/Becker muscular dystrophy (DMD/...
Gene Transfer Clinical Trial to Deliver rAAVrh74.MCK.GALGT2 for Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe proposed clinical trial study of rAA...
Revatio for Heart Disease in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and Becker Muscular DystrophyThis study, supported by Charley's Fund,...
Study of DS-5141b in Patients With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis is a phase I/II study to evaluate t...
A Phase IIa Study of TAS-205 for Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe objective of this study is to evalua...
Open Label, Extension Study of PRO044 in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The purpose of this study is to see whet...
Safety, Tolerability, and Pharmacokinetics of Single and Multiple Doses of HT-100 in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe main purpose of this study is to tes...
A phase 2 trial of the safety and pharmacokinetics of ataluren in patients aged 2 to 5 years with nonsense mutation ...Nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dyst...
Edasalonexent could reduce functional decline in boys with DMD, MoveDMD phase 2 results suggestResults of the Phase 2 MoveDMD trial sho...
PTC Therapeutics Announces Positive Data from its Translarna™ Phase II Clinical Trial in Children as Young as Two ...PTC Therapeutics, Inc. today announced t...
Roche Letter to the Duchenne CommunityBy now, many have heard about Pfizer's d...
Potential DMD Therapy Vamorolone Shows Positive Effects in Phase 2a Trial, Study ReportsVamorolone, a Duchenne muscular dystroph...