welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Open Label, Extension Study of PRO044 in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
study id #: NCT02329769
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
The purpose of this study is to see whether PRO044 is safe and effective to use as medication for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) patients with a mutation around location 44 in the DNA for the dystrophin protein.
intervention: PRO044 SC 6 mg/kg, PRO044 IV 6 mg/kg, PRO044 IV 9 mg/kg
mechanism of action: Exon-skipping to promote dystrophin production
last updated: November 22, 2018
start date: December 2014
estimated completion: July 1, 2016
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 15
A Phase II, open-label, extension study. Following a Screening period of up to one month, subjects previously treated with PRO044, and eligible for enrolment in PRO044-CLIN-02, will be allocated to one of three groups to receive either 6 mg/kg or 9 mg/kg PRO044 weekly by IV infusion or 6 mg/kg weekly by SC injection for 48 weeks.
Safety and tolerability, pharmacokinetics (PK), pharmacodynamic (PD) and efficacy assessments will be conducted at regular intervals throughout the study.
- Efficacy of PRO044 (composite of several measures) [Time Frame: After 48 weeks of treatment]
- Efficacy parameters:
• Muscle Function
• 6 Minute Walk Distance (6MWD)
• North Star Ambulatory Assessment
• Timed tests (10-meter walk/run, rising from floor, stair climb)
• DMD Functional Outcomes Questionnaire (DMD-FOS) -for ambulant subjects only
• Egen Klassification - for non-ambulant subjects.
- Muscle strength
• Pulmonary Function (Spirometry)
• Handheld myometry
• Performance Upper Limb (PUL).
• Patient Reported Outcome measure (PROM).
- Safety and tolerability of PRO044 (treatement emergent adverse events) [Time Frame: After 48 weeks of treatment]
Number of subjects with 1 or more treatment emergent adverse events following SC or IV PRO044 dosing
- Assess the pharmacokinetics of PRO044 (composite of several measures) [Time Frame: After 48 weeks of treatment]
• t ½
• AUC: 0-24h, 0-∞ (where applicable)
• CL (for IV subjects) or CL/F (for SC subjects)
• PRO044 concentrations in muscle tissue.
• Subjects previously treated with PRO044.
• Continued use of glucocorticoids for a minimum of 60 days prior to study entry with a reasonable expectation that the subject will remain on steroids for the duration of the study. Changes to the dose regimen or cessation of glucocorticoids will be at the discretion of the Principle Investigator (PI) in consultation with the subject/parent and the Medical Monitor. If the subject is not on steroids, involvement in the study needs to be discussed with the medical monitor
• Current, or history of, liver or renal disease.
• Acute illness within 4 weeks prior to the first dose of PRO044 (Week 1) which may interfere with the measurements.
• Severe cardiac myopathy which in the opinion of the Investigator prohibits participation in this study
• Need for daytime mechanical ventilation.
• Screening aPTT above the upper limit of normal (ULN).
• Screening platelet count below the lower limit of normal (LLN).
• Use of anticoagulants, antithrombotics or antiplatelet agents.
• Use of any investigational product within 6 months prior to the start of Screening for the study.
• Current or history of drug and/or alcohol abuse.
PTC Therapeutics Announces Positive Data from its Translarna™ Phase II Clinical Trial in Children as Young as Two ...PTC Therapeutics, Inc. today announced t...
MoveDMD: phase 2 trial of edasalonexent, an NF-κB inhibitor, in 4 to 7-year old patients with Duchenne muscular dys...NF-κB is activated from infancy in DMD,...
A Study to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, and Pharmacokinetics of a Single Dose of SRP-5051 in Patients With Duc...The purpose of this study is to evaluate...
Potential DMD Therapy Vamorolone Shows Positive Effects in Phase 2a Trial, Study ReportsVamorolone, a Duchenne muscular dystroph...
CRD007 for the Treatment of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Becker Muscular Dystrophy and Symptomatic CarriersThis is an investigation of the efficacy...
A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study of SRP-9001 for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The purpose of this study is to evaluate...
PhaseOut DMD: a Phase 2, proof of concept, clinical study of utrophin modulation with ezutromidThis study investigates the hypothesis t...
Phase IIa trial in Duchenne muscular dystrophy shows vamorolone is a first-in-class dissociative steroidal anti-infl...We report a first-in-patient study of va...