welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
A Phase 3 Study of TAS-205 in Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (REACH-DMD)
study id #: NCT04587908
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
status: not yet recruitingpurpose:
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of TAS-205 in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
intervention: TAS-205, Placebo
mechanism of action: HPGDS inhibitor to modulate effects of inflammation
last updated: October 22, 2020
start date: November 2020
estimated completion: May 2027
phase of development: Phase 3
size / enrollment: 80
The main purpose of this study is to assess the efficacy of TAS-205 in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) compared with placebo as measured by the mean change from baseline to 52 weeks in the time to rise from the floor. Following completion of the treatment period, patients may elect to continue in open-label extension study.
- Mean change from baseline to Week 52 in the time to rise from the floor [ Time Frame: Baseline to Week 52 of treatment ]
- Time measured in the time to rise from the floor test, as well as the change from baseline in each measured value [ Time Frame: Baseline to 52 weeks of treatment ]
- Change from baseline in the Timed Up and Go Test (TUG) [ Time Frame: Baseline to 52 weeks of treatment ]
Timed Up and Go Test (TUG) The time required for the subject to stand up from a sitting position on a table (chair), walk to a cone placed 3 m ahead as quickly as possible, and then return to the table will be evaluated.
- Change from baseline in North Star Ambulatory Assessment (NSAA) [ Time Frame: Baseline to 52 weeks of treatment ]
- Change from baseline in Six-minutes Walk Test (6MWT) [ Time Frame: Baseline to 52 weeks of treatment ]
- Measured values of Muscle volume index (MVI), Percent Muscle volume index (%MVI) and skeletal muscle mass in skeletal muscle computed tomography (CT), as well as the change from baseline in each measured value [ Time Frame: Baseline to 52 weeks of treatment ]
• Eligible Sexes: male
• Patients aged 5 years or more at the time of informed consent
• Patients who meet all of the following at the time of screening test
o walk by themselves
o time to rise from the floor on own is >= 3 seconds and <10 seconds
• Patients who can expect a 6-minute walking test of 350 meters or more
• If taking oral glucocorticoids no significant change in the total daily or dosing 6 months before enrollment.
• Patients who have serious concomitant drug hypersensitivity or medical history
• Patients who have used cyclooxygenase-1 (COX-1) or COX-2 inhibitors, or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) during 7 days before the measurement of time to rise from the floor in the screening period
• Patients who have incurred an injury (trauma/damage) that may affect muscle strength or motor function within 3 months before enrollment or who have an uncured injury (trauma/damage) that may affect muscle strength or motor function at the enrollment
• Patients who have received gene-/cell-based therapy or stop-codon readthrough therapy with antisense oligonucleotides
• Patients who have participated in another clinical trial and received a study drug within 90 days before study drug administration in the present study
• Patients with a left ventricular ejection fraction (EF) of <40% or left ventricular fractional shortening (FS) of <25% on the cardiac ultrasonography (echocardiography) at observation period
DuchenneXchange Clinical Trial Finder LaunchesThe DuchenneXchange Clinical Trial Finde...
L-citrulline and Metformin in Duchenne’s Muscular DystrophyThe purpose of the study is to show that...
A Clinical Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of GSK2402968 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe purpose of this study is to determin...
Nebivolol for the Prevention of Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction in Patients With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe objective is to determine whether ne...
Tamoxifen in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyA randomised, double blind, placebo cont...
Roche Letter to the Duchenne CommunityBy now, many have heard about Pfizer's d...
Clinical Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of RO7239361 in Ambulatory Boys With Duchenne Musc...This is a multi-center, randomized, doub...
Wave Life Sciences Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Clinical Trial Selected for FDA Complex Innovative Trial Designs Pilo...Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
Catabasis Quarterly: Updates on edasalonexent and clinical trialsWe are pleased to announce that we have ...
Ataluren in patients with nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dystrophy (ACT DMD): a multicentre, randomised, double...Background: Duchenne muscular dystrophy...