welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Phase I/II Study of PRO044 in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
study id #: NCT01037309
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
The purpose of this study is to see whether PRO044 is safe and effective to use as medication for DMD patients with a mutation around location 44 in the DNA for the dystrophin protein.
intervention: PRO044 SC, PRO044 IV
mechanism of action: Exon-skipping to promote dystrophin production
last updated: November 22, 2018
start date: December 2009
estimated completion: October 2013
phase of development: Phase 1/Phase 2
size / enrollment: 18
To assess the effect of PRO044 at different dose levels in subjects with Duchenne muscular dystrophy To assess the safety and tolerability of PRO044 at different dose levels in subjects with Duchenne muscular dystrophy To determine the pharmacokinetics of PRO044 at different dose levels after subcutaneous and intravenous administration in subjects with Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- Increase in Dystrophin Expression in the Muscle Biopsies by Immunofluorescence Analyses of Cross-sections and by Western Blot Analyses of Total Protein Extracts [ Time Frame: Within 13 weeks after 5 weeks of treatment ]
- Safety and Tolerability of PRO044 [ Time Frame: During the 5 weeks of treatment and during the 13 weeks after treatment ]
-Number of subjects with 1 or more treatment emergent adverse events following SC or IV PRO044
- Determine the Pharmacokinetics of PRO044 [ Time Frame: During the 5 weeks of treatment and during the 13 weeks after treatment ]
• Boys aged between 5 and 16 years inclusive.
• Duchenne muscular dystrophy resulting from a mutation correctable by treatment with PRO044.
• Life expectancy of at least 6 months.
• No previous treatment with investigational medicinal treatment within 6 months prior to the start of the (pre)-screening for the study.
• No previous treatment with idebenone within 6 months prior to the start of the (pre)-screening for the study.
• Willing and able to adhere to the study visit schedule and other protocol requirements.
• Written informed consent signed (by parent(s)/legal guardian and/or the patient, according to the local regulations).
• Glucocorticosteroids use which is stable for at least 2 months prior first drug administration.
• Aberrant RNA splicing and/or aberrant response to PRO044, detected by in vitro PRO044 assay during pre-screening.
• Known presence of dystrophin in >= 5% of fibers in a pre-study diagnostic muscle biopsy.
• Severe muscle abnormalities defined as increased signal intensity in >50% of the tibialis anterior muscle at MRI.
• FEV1 and/or FVC < 60% of predicted.
• Current or history of liver or renal disease.
• Acute illness within 4 weeks prior to treatment (Day 1) which may interfere with the measurements.
• Severe mental retardation which in the opinion of the investigator prohibits participation in this study.
• Severe cardiac myopathy which in the opinion of the investigator prohibits participation in this study.
• Need for mechanical ventilation.
• Creatinine concentration above 1.5 times the upper limit of normal (age corrected).
• Serum ASAT and/or ALAT concentration(s) which suggest hepatic impairment.
• Use of anticoagulants, antithrombotics or antiplatelet agents.
• Use of idebenone.
• Use of any investigational product within 6 months prior to the start of the (pre)-screening for the study.
• Subject has donated blood less than 90 days before the start of the (pre)-screening for the study.
• Current or history of drug and/or alcohol abuse.
• Participation in another trial with an investigational product.
Sarepta Therapeutics Announces Positive Expression Results from the Casimersen (SRP-4045) Arm of the ESSENCE StudySarepta Therapeutics, Inc., the leader i...
Safety, Tolerability, and Pharmacokinetics of Single and Multiple Doses of HT-100 in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe main purpose of this study is to tes...
A Double-blind, Escalating Dose, Randomized, Placebo-controlled Study Assessing PK, Safety, Tolerability in Non-ambu...The purpose of this study is investigate...
Wave Life Sciences Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Clinical Trial Selected for FDA Complex Innovative Trial Designs Pilo...Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
Phase IIa trial in Duchenne muscular dystrophy shows vamorolone is a first-in-class dissociative steroidal anti-infl...We report a first-in-patient study of va...
Can a drug cure genetic disease? | Steve Wilton | TEDxPerthhttps://youtu.be/qgfwOuvMLrE...
ICER Document Reviews Effectiveness of 3 Duchenne MD TherapiesThe Institute for Clinical and Economic ...