welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Phase I/II Study of PRO044 in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
study id #: NCT01037309
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
The purpose of this study is to see whether PRO044 is safe and effective to use as medication for DMD patients with a mutation around location 44 in the DNA for the dystrophin protein.
intervention: PRO044 SC, PRO044 IV
mechanism of action: Exon-skipping to promote dystrophin production
last updated: November 22, 2018
start date: December 2009
estimated completion: October 2013
phase of development: Phase 1/Phase 2
size / enrollment: 18
To assess the effect of PRO044 at different dose levels in subjects with Duchenne muscular dystrophy To assess the safety and tolerability of PRO044 at different dose levels in subjects with Duchenne muscular dystrophy To determine the pharmacokinetics of PRO044 at different dose levels after subcutaneous and intravenous administration in subjects with Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- Increase in Dystrophin Expression in the Muscle Biopsies by Immunofluorescence Analyses of Cross-sections and by Western Blot Analyses of Total Protein Extracts [ Time Frame: Within 13 weeks after 5 weeks of treatment ]
- Safety and Tolerability of PRO044 [ Time Frame: During the 5 weeks of treatment and during the 13 weeks after treatment ]
-Number of subjects with 1 or more treatment emergent adverse events following SC or IV PRO044
- Determine the Pharmacokinetics of PRO044 [ Time Frame: During the 5 weeks of treatment and during the 13 weeks after treatment ]
• Boys aged between 5 and 16 years inclusive.
• Duchenne muscular dystrophy resulting from a mutation correctable by treatment with PRO044.
• Life expectancy of at least 6 months.
• No previous treatment with investigational medicinal treatment within 6 months prior to the start of the (pre)-screening for the study.
• No previous treatment with idebenone within 6 months prior to the start of the (pre)-screening for the study.
• Willing and able to adhere to the study visit schedule and other protocol requirements.
• Written informed consent signed (by parent(s)/legal guardian and/or the patient, according to the local regulations).
• Glucocorticosteroids use which is stable for at least 2 months prior first drug administration.
• Aberrant RNA splicing and/or aberrant response to PRO044, detected by in vitro PRO044 assay during pre-screening.
• Known presence of dystrophin in >= 5% of fibers in a pre-study diagnostic muscle biopsy.
• Severe muscle abnormalities defined as increased signal intensity in >50% of the tibialis anterior muscle at MRI.
• FEV1 and/or FVC < 60% of predicted.
• Current or history of liver or renal disease.
• Acute illness within 4 weeks prior to treatment (Day 1) which may interfere with the measurements.
• Severe mental retardation which in the opinion of the investigator prohibits participation in this study.
• Severe cardiac myopathy which in the opinion of the investigator prohibits participation in this study.
• Need for mechanical ventilation.
• Creatinine concentration above 1.5 times the upper limit of normal (age corrected).
• Serum ASAT and/or ALAT concentration(s) which suggest hepatic impairment.
• Use of anticoagulants, antithrombotics or antiplatelet agents.
• Use of idebenone.
• Use of any investigational product within 6 months prior to the start of the (pre)-screening for the study.
• Subject has donated blood less than 90 days before the start of the (pre)-screening for the study.
• Current or history of drug and/or alcohol abuse.
• Participation in another trial with an investigational product.
PTC Therapeutics Announces Positive Data from its Translarna™ Phase II Clinical Trial in Children as Young as Two ...PTC Therapeutics, Inc. today announced t...
CRD007 for the Treatment of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Becker Muscular Dystrophy and Symptomatic CarriersThis is an investigation of the efficacy...
Revatio for Heart Disease in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and Becker Muscular DystrophyThis study, supported by Charley's Fund,...
Phase II Study of NPC-14 (Arbekacin Sulfate) to Explore Safety, Tolerability, and Efficacy in Duchenne Muscular Dyst...Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) is inh...
Extension Study of NS-065/NCNP-01 in Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)This is an open-label, extension study o...
Becker Muscular Dystrophy – A Natural History Study to Predict Efficacy of Exon SkippingThis is a multi-center natural history s...
Clinical Intramuscular Gene Transfer Trial of rAAVrh74.MCK.Micro-Dystrophin to Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystr...The proposed phase I clinical trial is a...
Can a drug cure genetic disease? | Steve Wilton | TEDxPerthhttps://youtu.be/qgfwOuvMLrE...
Results at 96 Weeks of a Phase IIb Extension Study of the Exon-Skipping Drug Eteplirsen in Patients with Duchenne Mu...Objective: The objective of this study ...
Capricor Therapeutics Announces Positive Results from its Interim Analysis in the HOPE-2 Trial to Treat Patients wit...Capricor Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAP...
Phase IIa trial in Duchenne muscular dystrophy shows vamorolone is a first-in-class dissociative steroidal anti-infl...We report a first-in-patient study of va...