welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
Safety Study of BLS-M22 in Healthy Volunteers
study id #: NCT03789734
condition: Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne
BLS-M22 is being developed as an anti-myotatin agent for the treatment of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (Muscular Dystrophy). A total of 37 subjects participated in this study to confirm the safety of BLS-M22.
intervention: BLS-M22, Placebo
mechanism of action: Anti-myostatin to promote muscle growth
last updated: February 14, 2020
start date: March 2019
estimated completion: August 2020
phase of development: Phase 1
size / enrollment: 37
This study is a dose Block-randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled and Dose-escalation Phase I Clinical Trial to Evaluate Safety of BLS-M22.
The single ascending dose group participated in 9 patients in each group(500mg, 1000mg, 2000mg/BLS-M22 or Placebo(n=7:2)). The multiple ascending dose group participated in 10 patients(determined dose in SAD/BLS-M22 or Placebo(n=8:2)).
- Adverse events [ Time Frame: up to 4-5 weeks ]
Number of participants with treatment-related adverse events as assessed by CTCAE v4.0
- AUClast [ Time Frame: From 0 hours to 24 hours ]
Evaluation of the pharmacokinetic properties after administration of BLS-M22
- Immunogenicity(Myostatin specific IgG level in serum) [ Time Frame: up to 4-5 weeks ]
Evaluation of the immunogenicity after administration of BLS-M22
• Eligible Sexes: all
• Male and female subjects between 19-55 years of age
• BMI: 19~28kg/m2(male), 18~25kg/m2(female) at screening test
• Able to provide consent to participate and having signed an Informed Consent Form (ICF)
• The subjects can obey the demands of the scheme
• Subject has a clinically significant disease or history of liver, kidney, cardiovascular system, endocrine system, musculoskeletal system, digestive system, respiratory system, neuropsychiatry, blood tumor system.
• Hypersensitive to the lactobacillus-containing food (such as yogurt) and the lactobacillus preparation and the investigational drug
• Subject has received an investigational drug or a bioequivalence study drug within 90 days of the randomization
• Subject has received steroids or other immunosuppressive drugs within 30 days of randomization
• Positive serum test results for hepatitis C virus, hepatitis B virus, HIV or syphilis
• Those who do not use of a medically acceptable method of contraception during the trial, or who plan to provide sperm
• Pregnant women
• Subject has genetic problems such as galactose intolerance, Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption
• Subject has abnormal clinical laboratory test results
• Any other ineligible condition at the discretion of the investigator that would be ineligible to participate the study
Study of ACE-031 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe purpose of this study is to determin...
Clinical Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of RO7239361 in Ambulatory Boys With Duchenne Musc...This is a multi-center, randomized, doub...
An Open-label Extension Study To Evaluate Safety Of PF-06252616 In Boys With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis study is an open-label extension to...
Extension Study of ACE-031 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyTo evaluate the long-term safety and tol...
Clinical Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Givinostat in Ambulant Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrop...it is a randomised, double blind, parall...
Roche Letter to the Duchenne CommunityBy now, many have heard about Pfizer's d...
A Study to Assess Safety/Tolerability, pk, Effects on Histology, Clinical Parameters of Givinostat in Children With ...The primary objective of Parts 1 and 2 o...
BIOPHYTIS receives orphan drug designation in the United States for Sarconeos in Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD)BIOPHYTIS, a biotechnology company speci...
BIOPHYTIS to Host Key Opinion Leader Meeting on the Biology of Aging and its Application in Neuromuscular DiseasesBiophytis, a clinical-stage biotechnolog...
Santhera Completes Enrollment of Phase 3 SIDEROS Study With Puldysa® (Idebenone) in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DM...Santhera Pharmaceuticals announces full ...
NIH Awards $86 Million to Improve Genome Editing TechniquesSomatic Cell Genome Editing support is a...