welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Safety Study of Eteplirsen to Treat Early Stage Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
study id #: NCT02420379
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
This is an open-label study to assess the safety, tolerability, efficacy and pharmacokinetics of eteplirsen in patients with early stage Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) who are amenable to exon 51 skipping.
mechanism of action: Exon-skipping to promote dystrophin production
last updated: March 12, 2019
start date: July 1, 2015
estimated completion: December 17, 2018
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 33
Safety, including adverse event monitoring and routine laboratory assessments, will be followed on an ongoing basis for all patients.
Clinical efficacy, including functional tests and MRI, will be assessed at regularly scheduled study visits. Patients will undergo one baseline and one follow-up muscle biopsy.
Population and serial PK will be collected.
- Number of patients with treatment emergent adverse events [Time Frame: 96 weeks]
- Change from baseline in percent of dystrophin-positive skeletal muscle fibers [Time Frame: 96 weeks]
• Male 4-6 years of age.
• Diagnosis of DMD, genotypically confirmed.
• Stable dose of oral corticosteroids for at least 12 weeks or has not received corticosteroids for at least 12 weeks.
• Intact right and left biceps muscles or two alternative upper arm muscle groups.
• Parent that is willing to provide consent and comply with study procedures.
• Use of any pharmacologic treatment (other than corticosteroids) within 12 weeks that may have an effect on muscle strength or function (e.g., growth hormone, anabolic steroids).
• Previous or current treatment with any other experimental treatments within 12 weeks or participation in any other clinical trial within 6 months.
• Major surgery within 3 months prior to the first dose of study drug, or planned surgery during this study which would interfere with the ability to perform study activities.
• Presence of other clinically significant illness.
Transplantation of Myoblasts to Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) PatientsThis Phase I/II of the clinical trial is...
Eteplirsen is Granted Accelerated Approval in UShttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orig6mpu...
Open Label Extension Study of HT-100 in Patients With DMDThis study is designed to provide 6-mont...
Pharmacokinetic Properties of Chronic Administration of Eteplirsen in the Treatment of Boys with Duchenne Muscular D...Objective: The objective of this analys...
Edasalonexent could reduce functional decline in boys with DMD, MoveDMD phase 2 results suggestResults of the Phase 2 MoveDMD trial sho...
Sarepta Looks to Focus on Exondys 51 & DMD Pipeline in 2017We issued an updated research report on ...
A phase 2 trial of the safety and pharmacokinetics of ataluren in patients aged 2 to 5 years with nonsense mutation ...Nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dyst...