welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Safety Study of Flavocoxid in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
study id #: NCT01335295
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
Objective of this study is to evaluate safety and tolerability of flavocoxid administered at the daily oral dose of 500 or 1000 mg/die for one year in DMD patients, alone or in association with steroids (deflazacort on alternate days) started at least one year before. The investigators will also perform a multidimensional clinical evaluation covering functional and muscle strength and quality of life (QoL)assessments.
mechanism of action: Antioxidant to reduce inflammation
last updated: November 21, 2018
start date: March 2011
estimated completion: December 2013
phase of development: Phase 1
size / enrollment: 20
- All adverse events and laboratory or ECG abnormalities [ Time Frame: 1 year ]
- Motor assessments and biochemical evaluation [ Time Frame: 1 year ]
Outcome measures will include:
- Functional tests: 6- minute walk test, North Star Ambulatory Assessment (NSAA) with timed items
- Medical Research Council (MRC) score of upper and lower limbs;
- Maximum voluntary isometric contraction (MVIC)
- Quality of Life (QoL) evaluation ;
- Forced vital capacity (FVC) with spirometer . Changes in biomarkers
• clinical diagnosis of DMD, confirmed by muscle biopsy and molecular analysis by MPLA;
• range of age between 4 -16 years;
• unaided ambulation for at least 75 meters, unassisted during the Screening 6MWT. Other personal assistance or use of assistive devices for ambulation (eg, short leg braces, long leg braces or walkers) is not permitted.
• follow-up of at least 1 year before baseline with the selected motor outcome measures;
• patients able to perform evaluation tests;
• patient legally authorized representative (LAR) able to understand and give the informed consent;
• absence of contra-indications to the use of flavocoxid (see below);
• written informed consent signed by LAR.
• treatment with other drugs analogue, similar or interacting with flavocoxid or immunosuppressive therapy (other than corticosteroids) within 3 months prior to start of study treatment;
• exposure to another investigational drug or supplements within 2 months prior to start of study treatment;
• presence of cognitive impairment that could influence the performance of the evaluation tests;
• history of major surgical procedure within 30 days prior to start of study treatment;
• expectation of major surgical procedure (eg, scoliosis surgery) during the 12-month treatment period of the study;
• ongoing participation in any other therapeutic clinical study;
• expectation of recruitment in the forthcoming exon-51 trial;
• requirement for daytime ventilator assistance;
• presence of liver-diseases or assumption of any hepatotoxic agent;
• screening laboratory values out of the laboratory ranges if clinically meaningful;
• prior or ongoing medical condition (eg, concomitant illness, psychiatric condition, behavioral disorder, alcoholism, drug abuse), medical history, physical findings, ECG findings, or laboratory abnormality that, in the investigator's opinion, could adversely affect the safety of the subject, makes it unlikely that the course of treatment or follow-up would be completed, or could impair the assessment of study results.
Catabasis Quarterly: Updates on edasalonexent and clinical trialsWe are pleased to announce that we have ...
Safety, Tolerability and Effects of L-Arginine in Boys With Dystrophinopathy on CorticosteroidsThe purpose of the study is to assess th...
Catabasis Quarterly: Updates on edasalonexent and clinical trialsHappy New Year! As 2019 kicks off, our P...
Clinical Intramuscular Gene Transfer of rAAV1.CMV.huFollistatin344 Trial to Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystroph...The proposed clinical trial is an outgro...
Exploratory Study of NS-065/NCNP-01 in DMDThis study is designed to assess the saf...
Safety, Tolerability, and Pharmacokinetics of Single and Multiple Doses of HT-100 in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe main purpose of this study is to tes...
Modified Diet Trial: A Study of SMT C1100 in Paediatric Patients With DMD Who Follow a Balanced DietPlacebo-controlled, multi-centre, random...
Phase IIa trial in Duchenne muscular dystrophy shows vamorolone is a first-in-class dissociative steroidal anti-infl...We report a first-in-patient study of va...
Wave Life Sciences Receives US Orphan Drug and Rare Pediatric Disease Designations for WVE-210201Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
First Patient Dosed in Phase II Clinical Trial in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyAntisense Therapeutics today announced d...