welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
Safety, Tolerability, and Pharmacokinetics of Single and Multiple Doses of HT-100 in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
study id #: NCT01847573
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
The main purpose of this study is to test the safety and tolerability of different, increasing doses of an experimental medication called HT-100 in boys and young men with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD). The study medication, HT-100, is a medicine that may help promote healthy muscle regeneration, diminish inflammation and the resulting damage to muscle, and decrease the scar tissue that forms in the muscles of children with DMD. In this study, pharmacokinetic sampling, or measurements of the amount of HT-100 in the bloodstream will also be taken.
mechanism of action: Small molecule designed to reduce fibrosis and inflammation
last updated: August 01, 2019
start date: May 2013
estimated completion: March 30, 2016
phase of development: Phase 1/Phase 2
size / enrollment: 17
- Safety and tolerability of administering single and multiple ascending doses of HT-100 in DMD boys [Time Frame: 1 week]
Safety profile by review of adverse events (AEs), physical examination findings, clinical laboratory test results, and other diagnostic testing
- Pharmacokinetic plasma profile of halofuginone after single and multiple dose administration of HT-100 in DMD boys [Time Frame: 1 week]
Halofuginone plasma concentrations
- Safety and tolerability of administering multiple ascending doses of HT-100 in DMD boys over 4 weeks [Time Frame: 4 weeks]
Safety profile by review of AEs, physical examination findings, clinical laboratory test results, and other diagnostic testing
- Early pharmacodynamic signals of HT-100 after 4 weeks of continuous dosing in DMD boys [Time Frame: 4 weeks]
Pharmacodynamic measures relevant to DMD pathology:
• Pulmonary function
• Motor function
• Muscle composition
• Biochemical and imaging markers
• Ambulatory or non-ambulatory
• Diagnosis of DMD with confirmation of minimal to no dystrophin
• Corticosteroid naive or on therapy for at least 12 months (stable dose and regimen)
• Recent, substantial change in use of cardiac medications or medications affecting muscle function
• Inability to undergo magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
• Significantly compromised cardio-respiratory function
• Prior treatment with another investigational product in past 6 months
A Pharmacokinetic Study of Oral Deflazacort in Children and Adolescent Subjects With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyStudy to characterize the single-state a...
Sarepta Therapeutics to Provide Update on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Gene Therapy ProgramSarepta Therapeutics, Inc., the leader i...
Long-term Extension Study to Assess Vamorolone in Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)This long-term extension study is an ope...
Revatio for Heart Disease in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and Becker Muscular DystrophyThis study, supported by Charley's Fund,...
A Phase IIa Study of TAS-205 for Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe objective of this study is to evalua...
Microdystrophin Gene Transfer Study in Adolescents and Children With DMDThis is a randomized, controlled, open-l...
A Phase 2 Study to Evaluate the Safety, Efficacy, Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of PF-06252616 in Duchenne M...This is a Phase 2 randomized, 2-period, ...
A phase 2 trial of the safety and pharmacokinetics of ataluren in patients aged 2 to 5 years with nonsense mutation ...Nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dyst...
PTC Therapeutics Announces Positive Data from its Translarna™ Phase II Clinical Trial in Children as Young as Two ...PTC Therapeutics, Inc. today announced t...
Phase 1 Study of Edasalonexent (CAT-1004), an Oral NF-κB Inhibitor, in Pediatric Patients with Duchenne Muscular Dy...Background: Edasalonexent is an orally ...
First Patient Dosed in Phase II Clinical Trial in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyAntisense Therapeutics today announced d...