welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Sodium Nitrate to Improve Blood Flow
study id #: NCT02847975
condition: Becker Muscular Dystrophy
Investigators recently showed that tadalafil restores functional sympatholysis in patients with Becker muscular dystrophy (BMD). If tadalafil restores functional sympatholysis in BMD via the NO-cyclic guanosine monophosphate pathway, then functional sympatholysis should also be restored by sodium nitrite— which is an indirect nitric oxide donor.
intervention: Sodium nitrate
mechanism of action: Nitrate supplement to alter funcitonal muslce ischaemia
last updated: November 21, 2018
start date: October 2013
estimated completion: December 2014
phase of development: Phase 1
size / enrollment: 11
- change in muscle tissue oxygenation [ Time Frame: change from baseline to post treatment (3-4 hours) ]
The pre-specified primary outcome is the pre vs. post treatment change in functional sympatholysis measured by muscle oxygenation.
• Becker muscular dystrophy
• age 15-55 years of age
• hypertension, diabetes, or heart failure by standard clinical criteria
• elevated brain natriuretic peptide level (>100 pg/ml)
• Left ventricular ejection fraction < 50%
• cardiac rhythm disorder, specifically: rhythm other than sinus, supraventricular tachycardia, atrial fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia, heart block
• continuous ventilatory support
• liver disease
• renal impairment
• history of asthma or bronchospasm
• use of any medications other than common supplements
• unable to perform handgrip exercise
Transplantation of Myoblasts to Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) PatientsThis Phase I/II of the clinical trial is...
Systemic Gene Delivery Clinical Trial for Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe proposed clinical trial is a single-...
Budding Journalist Hawken Miller Offers Advice on Living With DuchenneAt 21, Hawken Miller certainly doesn’t...
Wave Life Sciences Receives US Orphan Drug and Rare Pediatric Disease Designations for WVE-210201Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
Catabasis Pharmaceuticals Announces Publication Of Phase 1 Clinical Results Of Edasalonexent (CAT-1004) In Duchenne ...Catabasis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clini...
Bone health in a cohort of Irish Duchenne muscular dystrophy patientsIntroduction: Reduced mobility in Duche...
Solid Biosciences Reports Third Quarter 2018 Financial Results And Provides Business UpdateSolid Biosciences Inc. today reported fi...