welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Sodium Nitrate to Improve Blood Flow
study id #: NCT02847975
condition: Becker Muscular Dystrophy
Investigators recently showed that tadalafil restores functional sympatholysis in patients with Becker muscular dystrophy (BMD). If tadalafil restores functional sympatholysis in BMD via the NO-cyclic guanosine monophosphate pathway, then functional sympatholysis should also be restored by sodium nitrite— which is an indirect nitric oxide donor.
intervention: Sodium nitrate
mechanism of action: Nitrate supplement to alter funcitonal muslce ischaemia
last updated: November 21, 2018
start date: October 2013
estimated completion: December 2014
phase of development: Phase 1
size / enrollment: 11
- change in muscle tissue oxygenation [ Time Frame: change from baseline to post treatment (3-4 hours) ]
The pre-specified primary outcome is the pre vs. post treatment change in functional sympatholysis measured by muscle oxygenation.
• Becker muscular dystrophy
• age 15-55 years of age
• hypertension, diabetes, or heart failure by standard clinical criteria
• elevated brain natriuretic peptide level (>100 pg/ml)
• Left ventricular ejection fraction < 50%
• cardiac rhythm disorder, specifically: rhythm other than sinus, supraventricular tachycardia, atrial fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia, heart block
• continuous ventilatory support
• liver disease
• renal impairment
• history of asthma or bronchospasm
• use of any medications other than common supplements
• unable to perform handgrip exercise
Budding Journalist Hawken Miller Offers Advice on Living With DuchenneAt 21, Hawken Miller certainly doesn’t...
SupplementsThere are many different supplements for...
Treatment Effect of Tamoxifen on Patients With DMDDuchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is a p...
Safety and Tolerability of WVE-210201 in Patients With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis is a Phase 1, double-blind, placebo...
An Open-Label, Long-Term Extension Study to Evaluate the Safety and Tolerability DeflazacortThis is an open label, long-term extensi...
A Phase I/II Study of BMN053 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The purpose of the study is to see wheth...
Wave Life Sciences Receives US Orphan Drug and Rare Pediatric Disease Designations for WVE-210201Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
Nutrition Considerations in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyDuchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is a s...
ReveraGen Announces First Patient Enrollment in International Pivotal Trial of Vamorolone in Duchenne Muscular Dystr...ReveraGen BioPharma, Inc. today announce...