welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Sodium Nitrate to Improve Blood Flow
study id #: NCT02847975
condition: Becker Muscular Dystrophy
Investigators recently showed that tadalafil restores functional sympatholysis in patients with Becker muscular dystrophy (BMD). If tadalafil restores functional sympatholysis in BMD via the NO-cyclic guanosine monophosphate pathway, then functional sympatholysis should also be restored by sodium nitrite— which is an indirect nitric oxide donor.
intervention: Sodium nitrate
mechanism of action: Nitrate supplement to alter funcitonal muslce ischaemia
last updated: November 21, 2018
start date: October 2013
estimated completion: December 2014
phase of development: Phase 1
size / enrollment: 11
- change in muscle tissue oxygenation [ Time Frame: change from baseline to post treatment (3-4 hours) ]
The pre-specified primary outcome is the pre vs. post treatment change in functional sympatholysis measured by muscle oxygenation.
• Becker muscular dystrophy
• age 15-55 years of age
• hypertension, diabetes, or heart failure by standard clinical criteria
• elevated brain natriuretic peptide level (>100 pg/ml)
• Left ventricular ejection fraction < 50%
• cardiac rhythm disorder, specifically: rhythm other than sinus, supraventricular tachycardia, atrial fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia, heart block
• continuous ventilatory support
• liver disease
• renal impairment
• history of asthma or bronchospasm
• use of any medications other than common supplements
• unable to perform handgrip exercise
Wave Life Sciences Receives US Orphan Drug and Rare Pediatric Disease Designations for WVE-210201Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
A Study to Evaluate the Safety and Tolerability of PF-06939926 Gene Therapy in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis is a first-in-human/first-in-patien...
Safety, Tolerability and Effects of L-Arginine in Boys With Dystrophinopathy on CorticosteroidsThe purpose of the study is to assess th...
Safety Study of Flavocoxid in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyObjective of this study is to evaluate s...
Safety, Tolerability, and Pharmacokinetics of Single and Multiple Doses of HT-100 in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe main purpose of this study is to tes...
Gene Transfer Clinical Trial to Deliver rAAVrh74.MCK.GALGT2 for Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe proposed clinical trial study of rAA...
Rimeporide in Patients With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyIn Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) the...
SupplementsThere are many different supplements for...
Budding Journalist Hawken Miller Offers Advice on Living With DuchenneAt 21, Hawken Miller certainly doesn’t...
Catabasis Pharmaceuticals Announces Publication Of Phase 1 Clinical Results Of Edasalonexent (CAT-1004) In Duchenne ...Catabasis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clini...
Sarepta Therapeutics to Provide Update on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Gene Therapy ProgramSarepta Therapeutics, Inc., the leader i...