welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Stem Cell Therapy in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
study id #: NCT02241434
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
The purpose of this study was to study the effect of stem cell therapy in patients with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
intervention: Stem Cell
mechanism of action: Stem cell therapy to promote cellular regeneration
last updated: November 21, 2018
start date: January 2009
estimated completion: June 2016
phase of development: Phase 1
- Manual Muscle Testing [ Time Frame: 1 year ]
- Brooke and Vignos Scale [ Time Frame: 1 year ]
• age group of 3-25 years
• Duchenne muscular dystrophy diagnosed on the basis of clinical presentation
• presence of respiratory distress
• presence of acute infections such as Human Immunodeficient Virus/Hepatitis B Virus/Hepatitis C Virus
• acute medical conditions such as respiratory infection, fever, hemoglobin less than 8, bleeding tendency, bone marrow disorder, left ventricular ejection fraction < 30%
• pregnancy or breastfeeding
New lab technology could reveal treatments for muscle-wasting diseaseResearchers from Queen Mary University o...
PDE Inhibitors in DMD Study (Acute Dosing Study)PDE5A inhibition, which boosts NO-cGMP s...
Bone Marrow-Derived Autologous Stem Cells for the Treatment of Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis study is single arm, single center ...
Therapeutic Potential of Stem Cell in the Treatment of Duchenne Muscular DystrophyHere, we will describe the therapeutic p...
Wave Life Sciences Receives US Orphan Drug and Rare Pediatric Disease Designations for WVE-210201Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
A Breakthrough in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Offers Hope to Families with DuchenneDuchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD or Duch...
UCLA’s Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Research Funded by a Stem Cell AgencyScientists at the UCLA Eli and Edythe Br...