welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Study of an Investigational Drug, BMS-986089, in Ambulatory Boys With DMD
study id #: NCT02515669
condition: Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
status: active, not recruitingpurpose:
The purpose of this study is to determine the safety and tolerability of BMS-986089 in boys with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy with any genetic mutation.
intervention: BMS-986089, Placebo
mechanism of action: Myostatin blocker to promote muscular health
last updated: November 22, 2018
start date: December 2, 2015
estimated completion: February 8, 2018
phase of development: Phase 1/Phase 2
size / enrollment: 43
- Safety and Tolerability based on number of incidences of AEs, serious AEs, AEs leading to discontinuation and death, as well as marked treatment emergent abnormalities in clinical laboratory tests [Time Frame: 24 weeks]
Adverse event (AEs)
- Safety and Tolerability based on number of incidences of vital sign measurements, ECGs, echocardiograms, and physical examinations [ Time Frame: 24 weeks ]
- Trough concentrations of RO7239361 [Time Frame: At pre-defined intervals from day 8 through week 24]
- Maximum observed concentration (Cmax) of RO7239361 [Time Frame: Day 1 and 29]
- Frequency of subjects with positive anti-RO7239361 antibodies (ADA) assessment [Time Frame: Day 8 through Week 24]
- Frequency of subjects who develop positive ADA following a negative baseline [Time Frame: Day 8 through Week 24]
- Anti-RO7239361 antibodies on selected days [Time Frame: Day 8 through Week 24]
- Serum concentration of free myostatin [Time Frame: Baseline through week 24]
- Change from baseline in volume of thigh muscle contractile and non-contractile tissue [Time Frame: Day 8 through Week 24]
- Change from baseline in thigh muscle maximal cross sectional area [Time Frame: Day 8 through Week 24]
- Serum concentration of drug-myostatin complex [Time Frame: Baseline through week 24]
- Serum concentration of percent inhibition of free myostatin at trough [Time Frame: At pre-defined intervals from day 8 through week 24]
• Diagnosed with DMD
• Able to walk without assistance
• Able to walk up 4 stairs in 8 seconds or less
• Weigh at least 15 kg
• Taking corticosteroids for DMD
• Ejection fraction < 55% on echocardiogram, based on central read
• Any behavior or mental issue that will affect the ability to complete the required study procedures
• Previously or currently taking medications like androgens or human growth hormone
• Use of a ventilator during the day
• Unable to have blood samples collected or receive an injection under the skin
Follistatin Gene Transfer to Patients With Becker Muscular Dystrophy and Sporadic Inclusion Body MyositisThe investigators are performing a gene ...
Long-term Extension Study to Assess Vamorolone in Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)This long-term extension study is an ope...
Wave Life Sciences Receives US Orphan Drug and Rare Pediatric Disease Designations for WVE-210201Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
Sarepta Therapeutics to Provide Update on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Gene Therapy ProgramSarepta Therapeutics, Inc., the leader i...
Solid Biosciences Reports Third Quarter 2018 Financial Results And Provides Business UpdateSolid Biosciences Inc. today reported fi...
A phase 2 trial of the safety and pharmacokinetics of ataluren in patients aged 2 to 5 years with nonsense mutation ...Nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dyst...
ReveraGen Announces First Patient Enrollment in International Pivotal Trial of Vamorolone in Duchenne Muscular Dystr...ReveraGen BioPharma, Inc. today announce...