welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Study of an Investigational Drug, BMS-986089, in Ambulatory Boys With DMD
study id #: NCT02515669
condition: Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
status: active, not recruitingpurpose:
The purpose of this study is to determine the safety and tolerability of BMS-986089 in boys with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy with any genetic mutation.
intervention: BMS-986089, Placebo
mechanism of action: Myostatin blocker to promote muscular health
last updated: November 22, 2018
start date: December 2, 2015
estimated completion: February 8, 2018
phase of development: Phase 1/Phase 2
size / enrollment: 43
- Safety and Tolerability based on number of incidences of AEs, serious AEs, AEs leading to discontinuation and death, as well as marked treatment emergent abnormalities in clinical laboratory tests [Time Frame: 24 weeks]
Adverse event (AEs)
- Safety and Tolerability based on number of incidences of vital sign measurements, ECGs, echocardiograms, and physical examinations [ Time Frame: 24 weeks ]
- Trough concentrations of RO7239361 [Time Frame: At pre-defined intervals from day 8 through week 24]
- Maximum observed concentration (Cmax) of RO7239361 [Time Frame: Day 1 and 29]
- Frequency of subjects with positive anti-RO7239361 antibodies (ADA) assessment [Time Frame: Day 8 through Week 24]
- Frequency of subjects who develop positive ADA following a negative baseline [Time Frame: Day 8 through Week 24]
- Anti-RO7239361 antibodies on selected days [Time Frame: Day 8 through Week 24]
- Serum concentration of free myostatin [Time Frame: Baseline through week 24]
- Change from baseline in volume of thigh muscle contractile and non-contractile tissue [Time Frame: Day 8 through Week 24]
- Change from baseline in thigh muscle maximal cross sectional area [Time Frame: Day 8 through Week 24]
- Serum concentration of drug-myostatin complex [Time Frame: Baseline through week 24]
- Serum concentration of percent inhibition of free myostatin at trough [Time Frame: At pre-defined intervals from day 8 through week 24]
• Diagnosed with DMD
• Able to walk without assistance
• Able to walk up 4 stairs in 8 seconds or less
• Weigh at least 15 kg
• Taking corticosteroids for DMD
• Ejection fraction < 55% on echocardiogram, based on central read
• Any behavior or mental issue that will affect the ability to complete the required study procedures
• Previously or currently taking medications like androgens or human growth hormone
• Use of a ventilator during the day
• Unable to have blood samples collected or receive an injection under the skin
Study of Ataluren (PTC124®) in Nonambulatory Patients With Nonsense-Mutation-Mediated Duchenne/Becker Muscular Dyst...Duchenne/Becker muscular dystrophy (DMD/...
Efficacy Study of AVI-4658 to Induce Dystrophin Expression in Selected Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy PatientsThis study is designed to assess the eff...
PTC Therapeutics Announces Positive Data from its Translarna™ Phase II Clinical Trial in Children as Young as Two ...PTC Therapeutics, Inc. today announced t...
MoveDMD: phase 2 trial of edasalonexent, an NF-κB inhibitor, in 4 to 7-year old patients with Duchenne muscular dys...NF-κB is activated from infancy in DMD,...
Catabasis Pharmaceuticals Announces Publication Of Phase 1 Clinical Results Of Edasalonexent (CAT-1004) In Duchenne ...Catabasis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clini...
Safety and efficacy of drisapersen for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DEMAND II): an exploratory, ran...Background: Duchenne muscular dystrophy...
Edasalonexent could reduce functional decline in boys with DMD, MoveDMD phase 2 results suggestResults of the Phase 2 MoveDMD trial sho...