welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
Study of DS-5141b in Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
study id #: NCT02667483
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
status: active, not recruitingpurpose:
This is a phase I/II study to evaluate the safety, tolerability, efficacy, and pharmacokinetic (PK) profile of DS-5141b in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) amenable to exon 45 skipping and to determine the dosage for subsequent studies.
mechanism of action: Exon-skipping to promote dystrophin production
last updated: June 24, 2020
start date: October 2015
estimated completion: December 2020
phase of development: Phase 1/Phase 2
size / enrollment: 7
- Number of participants with treatment-emergent adverse events (TEAEs) by the end of the trial [Time Frame: 48 Weeks of Part 2-Extension]
TEAEs are adverse events (including clinically significant laboratory values) temporally associated with use of DS-5141b, whether or not attributable to the product.
- Maximum concentration (Cmax) of DS-5141b [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
- Area under the curve (AUC) for DS-5141b [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
- Time to maximum concentration (Tmax) of DS-5141b [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
- Half-life (T1/2) of DS-5141b [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
- Dystrophin protein expression in muscle tissue [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
- Production of exon 45-skipped dystrophin mRNA in muscle tissue [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
• Confirmation of out-of-frame deletion(s) that could be corrected by dystrophin gene exon 45 skipping.
• Intact muscles of adequate quality for biopsy to allow evaluation of the efficacy of the study drug.
• Boys aged from 5 years to <11 years.
• Patients able to walk at least 325 meters in the 6-minutes walk test.
• Glucocorticoid-naive patients, or patients who have used glucocorticoids for at least 6 months prior to enrollment in this study with no dose changes for at least 3 months prior to enrollment
• A genetic mutation that can not be expected the expression of dystrophin protein by dystrophin gene exon 45 skipping.
• A concurrent illness other than DMD that can cause muscle weakness and/or impairment of motor function.
• Current or history of severe disorder.
• Left ventricular ejection fraction (LEVF) <55%.
• Corrected QT interval (QTc) >0.45 sec.
A Study of TAS-205 for Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe objective of this study is to evalua...
Exploratory Study of NS-065/NCNP-01 in DMDThis study is designed to assess the saf...
Study of Eteplirsen in Young Patients With DMD Amenable to Exon 51 SkippingThis is a multicenter, open-label, dose-...
Efficacy Study of AVI-4658 to Induce Dystrophin Expression in Selected Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy PatientsThis study is designed to assess the eff...
A Study to Evaluate the Safety and Tolerability of PF-06939926 Gene Therapy in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis is a first-in-human/first-in-patien...
Stem Cell Therapy in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe purpose of this study was to study t...
Edasalonexent could reduce functional decline in boys with DMD, MoveDMD phase 2 results suggestResults of the Phase 2 MoveDMD trial sho...
Phase 1 Study of Edasalonexent (CAT-1004), an Oral NF-κB Inhibitor, in Pediatric Patients with Duchenne Muscular Dy...Background: Edasalonexent is an orally ...
Capricor Therapeutics Announces Positive Results from its Interim Analysis in the HOPE-2 Trial to Treat Patients wit...Capricor Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAP...
ReveraGen Announces First Patient Enrollment in International Pivotal Trial of Vamorolone in Duchenne Muscular Dystr...ReveraGen BioPharma, Inc. today announce...
Potential DMD Therapy Vamorolone Shows Positive Effects in Phase 2a Trial, Study ReportsVamorolone, a Duchenne muscular dystroph...