welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Study of DS-5141b in Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
study id #: NCT02667483
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
status: active, not recruitingpurpose:
This is a phase I/II study to evaluate the safety, tolerability, efficacy, and pharmacokinetic (PK) profile of DS-5141b in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) amenable to exon 45 skipping and to determine the dosage for subsequent studies.
mechanism of action: Exon-skipping to promote dystrophin production
last updated: February 15, 2019
start date: October 2015
estimated completion: December 2019
phase of development: Phase 1/Phase 2
size / enrollment: 7
- Number of participants with treatment-emergent adverse events (TEAEs) by the end of the trial [Time Frame: 48 Weeks of Part 2-Extension]
TEAEs are adverse events (including clinically significant laboratory values) temporally associated with use of DS-5141b, whether or not attributable to the product.
- Maximum concentration (Cmax) of DS-5141b [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
- Area under the curve (AUC) for DS-5141b [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
- Time to maximum concentration (Tmax) of DS-5141b [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
- Half-life (T1/2) of DS-5141b [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
- Dystrophin protein expression in muscle tissue [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
- Production of exon 45-skipped dystrophin mRNA in muscle tissue [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
• Confirmation of out-of-frame deletion(s) that could be corrected by dystrophin gene exon 45 skipping.
• Intact muscles of adequate quality for biopsy to allow evaluation of the efficacy of the study drug.
• Boys aged from 5 years to <11 years.
• Patients able to walk at least 325 meters in the 6-minutes walk test.
• Glucocorticoid-naive patients, or patients who have used glucocorticoids for at least 6 months prior to enrollment in this study with no dose changes for at least 3 months prior to enrollment
• A genetic mutation that cannot be expected the expression of dystrophin protein by dystrophin gene exon 45 skipping.
• A concurrent illness other than DMD that can cause muscle weakness and/or impairment of motor function.
• Current or history of severe disorder.
• Left ventricular ejection fraction (LEVF) <55%.
• Corrected QT interval (QTc) >0.45 sec.
HT-100 Long-term Study in DMD Patients Who Completed HALO-DMD-02This study, HALO-DMD-03, is a follow-on ...
Phase IIa trial in Duchenne muscular dystrophy shows vamorolone is a first-in-class dissociative steroidal anti-infl...We report a first-in-patient study of va...
Study of ACE-031 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe purpose of this study is to determin...
A phase 2 trial of the safety and pharmacokinetics of ataluren in patients aged 2 to 5 years with nonsense mutation ...Nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dyst...
MoveDMD: phase 2 trial of edasalonexent, an NF-κB inhibitor, in 4 to 7-year old patients with Duchenne muscular dys...NF-κB is activated from infancy in DMD,...
First Patient Dosed in Phase II Clinical Trial in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyAntisense Therapeutics today announced d...
Wave Life Sciences Receives US Orphan Drug and Rare Pediatric Disease Designations for WVE-210201Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...