welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
Study of DS-5141b in Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
study id #: NCT02667483
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
status: active, not recruitingpurpose:
This is a phase I/II study to evaluate the safety, tolerability, efficacy, and pharmacokinetic (PK) profile of DS-5141b in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) amenable to exon 45 skipping and to determine the dosage for subsequent studies.
mechanism of action: Exon-skipping to promote dystrophin production
last updated: June 24, 2020
start date: October 2015
estimated completion: December 2020
phase of development: Phase 1/Phase 2
size / enrollment: 7
- Number of participants with treatment-emergent adverse events (TEAEs) by the end of the trial [Time Frame: 48 Weeks of Part 2-Extension]
TEAEs are adverse events (including clinically significant laboratory values) temporally associated with use of DS-5141b, whether or not attributable to the product.
- Maximum concentration (Cmax) of DS-5141b [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
- Area under the curve (AUC) for DS-5141b [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
- Time to maximum concentration (Tmax) of DS-5141b [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
- Half-life (T1/2) of DS-5141b [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
- Dystrophin protein expression in muscle tissue [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
- Production of exon 45-skipped dystrophin mRNA in muscle tissue [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
• Confirmation of out-of-frame deletion(s) that could be corrected by dystrophin gene exon 45 skipping.
• Intact muscles of adequate quality for biopsy to allow evaluation of the efficacy of the study drug.
• Boys aged from 5 years to <11 years.
• Patients able to walk at least 325 meters in the 6-minutes walk test.
• Glucocorticoid-naive patients, or patients who have used glucocorticoids for at least 6 months prior to enrollment in this study with no dose changes for at least 3 months prior to enrollment
• A genetic mutation that can not be expected the expression of dystrophin protein by dystrophin gene exon 45 skipping.
• A concurrent illness other than DMD that can cause muscle weakness and/or impairment of motor function.
• Current or history of severe disorder.
• Left ventricular ejection fraction (LEVF) <55%.
• Corrected QT interval (QTc) >0.45 sec.
Study of Eteplirsen in Young Patients With DMD Amenable to Exon 51 SkippingThis is a multicenter, open-label, dose-...
Study of DS-5141b in Participants With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis is a multicenter, open-label, long-...
Stem Cell Therapy in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe purpose of this study was to study t...
Safety, Tolerability and Effects of L-Arginine in Boys With Dystrophinopathy on CorticosteroidsThe purpose of the study is to assess th...
A Pharmacokinetic Study of Oral Deflazacort in Children and Adolescent Subjects With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyStudy to characterize the single-state a...
Extension Study of BMN 044 in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The aim of this study is to provide cont...
A 2-Part Study to Assess the Safety and Tolerability, pk, Effects on Histology and Some Clinical Parameters of Givin...This is a 2-part, phase 2 study to asses...
Wave Life Sciences Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Clinical Trial Selected for FDA Complex Innovative Trial Designs Pilo...Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
Phase 1 Study of Edasalonexent (CAT-1004), an Oral NF-κB Inhibitor, in Pediatric Patients with Duchenne Muscular Dy...Background: Edasalonexent is an orally ...
Roche Letter to the Duchenne CommunityBy now, many have heard about Pfizer's d...
DuchenneXchange Clinical Trial Finder LaunchesThe DuchenneXchange Clinical Trial Finde...
Capricor Therapeutics Announces Positive Results from its Interim Analysis in the HOPE-2 Trial to Treat Patients wit...Capricor Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAP...