welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Study of DS-5141b in Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
study id #: NCT02667483
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
status: active, not recruitingpurpose:
This is a phase I/II study to evaluate the safety, tolerability, efficacy, and pharmacokinetic (PK) profile of DS-5141b in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) amenable to exon 45 skipping and to determine the dosage for subsequent studies.
mechanism of action: Exon-skipping to promote dystrophin production
last updated: July 08, 2019
start date: October 2015
estimated completion: December 2019
phase of development: Phase 1/Phase 2
size / enrollment: 7
- Number of participants with treatment-emergent adverse events (TEAEs) by the end of the trial [Time Frame: 48 Weeks of Part 2-Extension]
TEAEs are adverse events (including clinically significant laboratory values) temporally associated with use of DS-5141b, whether or not attributable to the product.
- Maximum concentration (Cmax) of DS-5141b [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
- Area under the curve (AUC) for DS-5141b [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
- Time to maximum concentration (Tmax) of DS-5141b [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
- Half-life (T1/2) of DS-5141b [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
- Dystrophin protein expression in muscle tissue [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
- Production of exon 45-skipped dystrophin mRNA in muscle tissue [Time Frame: Week 48 of Part 2-Extension]
• Confirmation of out-of-frame deletion(s) that could be corrected by dystrophin gene exon 45 skipping.
• Intact muscles of adequate quality for biopsy to allow evaluation of the efficacy of the study drug.
• Boys aged from 5 years to <11 years.
• Patients able to walk at least 325 meters in the 6-minutes walk test.
• Glucocorticoid-naive patients, or patients who have used glucocorticoids for at least 6 months prior to enrollment in this study with no dose changes for at least 3 months prior to enrollment
• A genetic mutation that cannot be expected the expression of dystrophin protein by dystrophin gene exon 45 skipping.
• A concurrent illness other than DMD that can cause muscle weakness and/or impairment of motor function.
• Current or history of severe disorder.
• Left ventricular ejection fraction (LEVF) <55%.
• Corrected QT interval (QTc) >0.45 sec.
A Double-blind, Escalating Dose, Randomized, Placebo-controlled Study Assessing PK, Safety, Tolerability in Non-ambu...The purpose of this study is investigate...
Phase 2b Extension Study of Ataluren (PTC124) in Duchenne/Becker Muscular Dystrophy (DMD/BMD)Duchenne/Becker muscular dystrophy (DMD/...
Safety and efficacy of drisapersen for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DEMAND II): an exploratory, ran...Background: Duchenne muscular dystrophy...
Historically Controlled Trial of Corticosteroids in Young Boys With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyWhile it has been known for many years t...
A Study to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, and Pharmacokinetics of a Single Dose of SRP-5051 in Patients With Duc...The purpose of this study is to evaluate...
Follistatin Gene Transfer to Patients With Becker Muscular Dystrophy and Sporadic Inclusion Body MyositisThe investigators are performing a gene ...
Wave Life Sciences Receives US Orphan Drug and Rare Pediatric Disease Designations for WVE-210201Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
Edasalonexent could reduce functional decline in boys with DMD, MoveDMD phase 2 results suggestResults of the Phase 2 MoveDMD trial sho...
MoveDMD: phase 2 trial of edasalonexent, an NF-κB inhibitor, in 4 to 7-year old patients with Duchenne muscular dys...NF-κB is activated from infancy in DMD,...
Capricor Therapeutics Announces Positive Results from its Interim Analysis in the HOPE-2 Trial to Treat Patients wit...Capricor Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAP...