welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Study of Eteplirsen in Young Patients With DMD Amenable to Exon 51 Skipping
study id #: NCT03218995
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
This is a multicenter, open-label, dose-escalation study to evaluate the safety, tolerability, PK, and efficacy of once-weekly IV infusions of eteplirsen in approximately 12 male patients, ages 6 months to 48 months (inclusive), who have genotypically confirmed DMD with a deletion mutation amenable to exon 51 skipping.
mechanism of action: Exon-skipping to promote dystrophin production
last updated: December 28, 2018
start date: August 16, 2017
estimated completion: August 31, 2020
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 12
- Incidence of adverse events [Time Frame: Up to 96 Weeks]
- Abnormal changes from baseline or clinically significant worsening of clinical safety laboratory abnormalities (hematology, chemistry, coagulation, and urinalysis) [Time Frame: Change from Baseline]
- Abnormal changes from baseline or worsening of vital signs [Time Frame: Change from Baseline]
- Abnormal changes from baseline or worsening of physical examination findings [Time Frame: Change from Baseline]
- Abnormal changes from baseline or clinically significant worsening of electrocardiogram (ECG) and echocardiogram (ECHO) [Time Frame: Change from Baseline]
- Maximum plasma concentration [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Time of Cmax (Tmax) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Area under the concentration-time curve (AUC) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Apparent volume of distribution at steady state (Vss) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Clearance (CL) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Elimination half-life (t½) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Amount of drug eliminated in urine (Ae%) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
• Male between 6 months to 48 months of age (inclusive)
• Diagnosis of DMD with a deletion mutation amenable to exon 51 skipping
• Parent(s) or legal guardian(s) who is willing to provide written informed consent
• Received treatment that might have an effect on muscle strength or function within 12 weeks prior to dosing
• Received previous or current treatment with any experimental treatment
• Clinically significant illness other than DMD
• Clinically significant laboratory abnormality
• Any other condition that could interfere with the patient's participation
Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability Rollover Study of Eteplirsen in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe primary objective of this study is t...
Phase IIa trial in Duchenne muscular dystrophy shows vamorolone is a first-in-class dissociative steroidal anti-infl...We report a first-in-patient study of va...
HT-100 Long-term Study in DMD Patients Who Completed HALO-DMD-02This study, HALO-DMD-03, is a follow-on ...
Insurers battle families over costly drug for fatal diseaseNolan and Jack Willis, twins from upstat...
Sarepta Therapeutics and Clinigen launch a managed access program to treat patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy...Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc., a U.S. bioph...
PTC Therapeutics Announces Positive Data from its Translarna™ Phase II Clinical Trial in Children as Young as Two ...PTC Therapeutics, Inc. today announced t...
ICER Document Reviews Effectiveness of 3 Duchenne MD TherapiesThe Institute for Clinical and Economic ...