welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Study of Eteplirsen in Young Patients With DMD Amenable to Exon 51 Skipping
study id #: NCT03218995
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
This is a multicenter, open-label, dose-escalation study to evaluate the safety, tolerability, PK, and efficacy of once-weekly IV infusions of eteplirsen in approximately 12 male patients, ages 6 months to 48 months (inclusive), who have genotypically confirmed DMD with a deletion mutation amenable to exon 51 skipping.
mechanism of action: Exon-skipping to promote dystrophin production
last updated: November 16, 2019
start date: August 16, 2017
estimated completion: August 31, 2020
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 12
- Incidence of adverse events [Time Frame: Up to 96 Weeks]
- Abnormal changes from baseline or clinically significant worsening of clinical safety laboratory abnormalities (hematology, chemistry, coagulation, and urinalysis) [Time Frame: Change from Baseline]
- Abnormal changes from baseline or worsening of vital signs [Time Frame: Change from Baseline]
- Abnormal changes from baseline or worsening of physical examination findings [Time Frame: Change from Baseline]
- Abnormal changes from baseline or clinically significant worsening of electrocardiogram (ECG) and echocardiogram (ECHO) [Time Frame: Change from Baseline]
- Maximum plasma concentration [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Time of Cmax (Tmax) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Area under the concentration-time curve (AUC) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Apparent volume of distribution at steady state (Vss) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Clearance (CL) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Elimination half-life (t½) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Amount of drug eliminated in urine (Ae%) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
• Eligible Sexes: male
• Diagnosis of DMD with a deletion mutation amenable to exon 51 skipping
• Parent(s) or legal guardian(s) who is willing to provide written informed consent
• Received treatment that might have an effect on muscle strength or function within 12 weeks prior to dosing
• Received previous or current treatment with any experimental treatment
• Clinically significant illness other than DMD
• Clinically significant laboratory abnormality
• Any other condition that could interfere with the patient's participation
Phase IIa trial in Duchenne muscular dystrophy shows vamorolone is a first-in-class dissociative steroidal anti-infl...We report a first-in-patient study of va...
Dublin boy paves the way for new muscle disease treatmentA Dublin boy has become a pioneer in how...
Sarepta Receives Negative CHMP Re-examination Opinion for EteplirsenSarepta Therapeutics, Inc., a commercial...
Givinostat in Duchenne’s Muscular Dystrophy Long-term Safety and Tolerability StudyThis is an open label, long-term safety,...
A Study of CAP-1002 in Ambulatory and Non-Ambulatory Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (HOPE-2)HOPE-2 is a double-blind clinical trial ...
Safety, Tolerability, and Pharmacokinetics of Single and Multiple Doses of HT-100 in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe main purpose of this study is to tes...
L-citrulline and Metformin in Becker’s Muscular DystrophyThe purpose of the study is to compare t...
BioMarin snags cash as Sarepta skips Duchenne patent battleSarepta Therapeutics Inc. agreed to pay...
Capricor Therapeutics Announces Positive Results from its Interim Analysis in the HOPE-2 Trial to Treat Patients wit...Capricor Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAP...