welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
Study of Eteplirsen in Young Patients With DMD Amenable to Exon 51 Skipping
study id #: NCT03218995
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
status: active, not recruitingpurpose:
This is a multicenter, open-label, dose-escalation study to evaluate the safety, tolerability, PK, and efficacy of once-weekly IV infusions of eteplirsen in approximately 12 male patients, ages 6 months to 48 months (inclusive), who have genotypically confirmed DMD with a deletion mutation amenable to exon 51 skipping.
mechanism of action: Exon-skipping to promote dystrophin production
last updated: April 08, 2020
start date: August 16, 2017
estimated completion: March 15, 2021
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 12
- Incidence of adverse events [Time Frame: Up to 96 Weeks]
- Abnormal changes from baseline or clinically significant worsening of clinical safety laboratory abnormalities (hematology, chemistry, coagulation, and urinalysis) [Time Frame: Change from Baseline]
- Abnormal changes from baseline or worsening of vital signs [Time Frame: Change from Baseline]
- Abnormal changes from baseline or worsening of physical examination findings [Time Frame: Change from Baseline]
- Abnormal changes from baseline or clinically significant worsening of electrocardiogram (ECG) and echocardiogram (ECHO) [Time Frame: Change from Baseline]
- Maximum plasma concentration [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Time of Cmax (Tmax) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Area under the concentration-time curve (AUC) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Apparent volume of distribution at steady state (Vss) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Clearance (CL) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Elimination half-life (t½) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Amount of drug eliminated in urine (Ae%) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
• Eligible Sexes: male
• Male between 6 months to 48 months of age (inclusive)
• Diagnosis of DMD with a deletion mutation amenable to exon 51 skipping
• Parent(s) or legal guardian(s) who is willing to provide written informed consent
• Received treatment that might have an effect on muscle strength or function within 12 weeks prior to dosing
• Received previous or current treatment with any experimental treatment
• Clinically significant illness other than DMD
• Clinically significant laboratory abnormality
• Any other condition that could interfere with the patient's participation
ICER Document Reviews Effectiveness of 3 Duchenne MD TherapiesThe Institute for Clinical and Economic ...
BioMarin snags cash as Sarepta skips Duchenne patent battleSarepta Therapeutics Inc. agreed to pay...
Potential DMD Therapy Vamorolone Shows Positive Effects in Phase 2a Trial, Study ReportsVamorolone, a Duchenne muscular dystroph...
A Study to Assess Vamorolone in Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The purpose of this study is to determin...
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: New Analysis Shows Drug Slows Down Respiratory DeclineDuchenne muscular dystrophy occurs in bo...
Gene Transfer Clinical Trial to Deliver rAAVrh74.MCK.GALGT2 for Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe proposed clinical trial study of rAA...
Open Label, Extension Study of PRO044 in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)The purpose of this study is to see whet...
Safety and efficacy of drisapersen for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DEMAND II): an exploratory, ran...Background: Duchenne muscular dystrophy...