welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
Study of Eteplirsen in Young Patients With DMD Amenable to Exon 51 Skipping
study id #: NCT03218995
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
This is a multicenter, open-label, dose-escalation study to evaluate the safety, tolerability, PK, and efficacy of once-weekly IV infusions of eteplirsen in approximately 12 male patients, ages 6 months to 48 months (inclusive), who have genotypically confirmed DMD with a deletion mutation amenable to exon 51 skipping.
mechanism of action: Exon-skipping to promote dystrophin production
last updated: August 01, 2019
start date: August 16, 2017
estimated completion: August 31, 2020
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 12
- Incidence of adverse events [Time Frame: Up to 96 Weeks]
- Abnormal changes from baseline or clinically significant worsening of clinical safety laboratory abnormalities (hematology, chemistry, coagulation, and urinalysis) [Time Frame: Change from Baseline]
- Abnormal changes from baseline or worsening of vital signs [Time Frame: Change from Baseline]
- Abnormal changes from baseline or worsening of physical examination findings [Time Frame: Change from Baseline]
- Abnormal changes from baseline or clinically significant worsening of electrocardiogram (ECG) and echocardiogram (ECHO) [Time Frame: Change from Baseline]
- Maximum plasma concentration [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Time of Cmax (Tmax) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Area under the concentration-time curve (AUC) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Apparent volume of distribution at steady state (Vss) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Clearance (CL) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Elimination half-life (t½) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
- Amount of drug eliminated in urine (Ae%) [Time Frame: 24 Weeks]
• Male between 6 months to 48 months of age (inclusive)
• Diagnosis of DMD with a deletion mutation amenable to exon 51 skipping
• Parent(s) or legal guardian(s) who is willing to provide written informed consent
• Received treatment that might have an effect on muscle strength or function within 12 weeks prior to dosing
• Received previous or current treatment with any experimental treatment
• Clinically significant illness other than DMD
• Clinically significant laboratory abnormality
• Any other condition that could interfere with the patient's participation
Sarepta Therapeutics and Clinigen launch a managed access program to treat patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy...Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc., a U.S. bioph...
Capricor Therapeutics Announces Positive Results from its Interim Analysis in the HOPE-2 Trial to Treat Patients wit...Capricor Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAP...
Phase 1/2 Study in Boys With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe MoveDMD study is a 3-part, Phase 1/2...
A Phase IIa Study of TAS-205 for Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe objective of this study is to evalua...
Study of Ataluren in >=2 to <5 Year-Old Males With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThis is a Phase 2, multiple-dose, open-l...
Givinostat in Duchenne’s Muscular Dystrophy Long-term Safety and Tolerability StudyThis is an open label, long-term safety,...
Sunphenon Epigallocatechin-Gallate (EGCg) in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe aim of this multicentre, prospective...
Wave Life Sciences Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Clinical Trial Selected for FDA Complex Innovative Trial Designs Pilo...Wave Life Sciences Ltd., a biotechnology...
Eteplirsen is Granted Accelerated Approval in UShttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orig6mpu...
Potential DMD Therapy Vamorolone Shows Positive Effects in Phase 2a Trial, Study ReportsVamorolone, a Duchenne muscular dystroph...