welcome to DuchenneXchange- a positively charged Duchenne muscular dystrophy community.
- join today!
- log in
Study of SRP-4045 and SRP-4053 in DMD Patients
study id #: NCT02500381
condition: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
The main objective of this study is to evaluate the efficacy of SRP-4045 and SRP-4053 compared to placebo in Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) patients with out-of-frame deletion mutations amenable to skipping exon 45 and exon 53, respectively.
intervention: SRP-4045, SRP-4053, Placebo
mechanism of action: Exon-skipping to promote dystrophin production
last updated: September 19, 2020
start date: September 28, 2016
estimated completion: May 2022
phase of development: Phase 3
size / enrollment: 222
This is a double-blind, placebo-controlled, multi-center study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of SRP-4045 and SRP-4053. Eligible patients with out-of-frame deletion mutations amenable to exon 45 or 53 skipping will be randomized to receive once weekly intravenous (IV) infusions of 30 mg/kg SRP-4045 or 30 mg/kg SRP-4053 respectively (combined-active group) or placebo for up to 96 weeks (the placebo-controlled period of the trial). This will be followed by an open label extension period in which all patients will receive open-label active treatment for 48 weeks (up to Week 144 of study).
The study will enroll approximately 222 patients, with a planned minimum target of 111 patients amenable to exon 45 skipping and 111 patients amenable to exon 53 skipping.
Approximately 148 patients will be randomized to receive active treatment with either SRP-4045 or SRP-4053 (depending on deletion mutation), and 74 patients will be randomized to receive placebo. Twice as many patients will receive active treatment as will receive placebo (2:1 randomization).
Clinical efficacy will be assessed at regularly scheduled study visits, including functional tests such as the six-minute walk test (6MWT). All patients will undergo a muscle biopsy at baseline and a second muscle biopsy either at Week 48 or Week 96.
Safety will be assessed through the collection of adverse events (AEs), laboratory tests, electrocardiograms (ECGs), echocardiograms (ECHOs), vital signs, and physical examinations throughout the study.
Blood samples will be taken periodically throughout the study to assess the pharmacokinetics of both drugs.
- Change From Baseline in the Total Distance Walked During 6-Minute Walk Test (6MWT) at Week 96 [ Time Frame: Baseline and Week 96 ]
- Change from Baseline the Total Distance Walked During 6-Minute Walk Test (6MWT) at Week 144 (Week 48 of the OL period) [ Time Frame: Baseline, Week 144 ]
- Change from Baseline in Dystrophin Protein Levels Determined by Western Blot at Weeks 48 or 96 [ Time Frame: Baseline and Weeks 48 or 96 ]
- Change from Baseline in Dystrophin Intensity Levels Determined by Immunohistochemistry (IHC) at Weeks 48 or 96 [ Time Frame: Baseline and Weeks 48 or 96 ]
- Ability to Rise Independently From the Floor [ Time Frame: Week 96, Week 144 ]
- Time to Loss of Ambulation (LOA) [ Time Frame: Baseline, Week 96, Week 144 ]
- Change From Baseline in the North Star Ambulatory Assessment (NSAA) Total Score at Week 96 and Week 144 [ Time Frame: Baseline, Week 96, Week 144 ]
The NSAA is a functional scale devised from the Hammersmith Scale of Motor Ability specifically for use in ambulant children with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD). It consists of 17 activities graded 0 (unable to perform), 1 (performs with modifications), 2 (normal movement). The scale assesses activities required to remain functionally ambulant (example, rise from the floor), activities that can be difficult even early in the disease (e.g. standing on heels) and activities that are known to progressively deteriorate over time (stand from a chair, walk). NSAA Total Score ranges from 0 to 34, with a score of 34 implying normal function.
- Change From Baseline in Forced Vital Capacity Percent (FVC%) Predicted at Week 96 and Week 144 [ Time Frame: Baseline, Week 96, Week 144 ]
• Eligible Sexes: male
• Genotypically confirmed DMD, with genetic deletion amenable to exon 45 or exon 53 skipping
• Stable dose of oral corticosteroids for at least 24 weeks
• Intact right and left biceps or 2 alternative upper muscle groups
• Mean 6MWT greater than or equal 300 meters and less than or equal to 450 meters
• Stable pulmonary function: forced vital capacity (FVC) equal to or greater than 50% predicted
• Treatment with gene therapy at any time
• Previous treatment with SMT C1100, PRO045 (BMN 045), PRO053 (BMN 053) or PRO051 (BMN 051) within 24 weeks prior to Week 1
• Current or previous treatment with any other experimental treatment (other than deflazacort) within 12 weeks prior to Week 1
• Major surgery within 3 months prior to Week 1
• Presence of other clinically significant illness
A Phase 3 Study of TAS-205 in Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (REACH-DMD)The purpose of this study is to evaluate...
An Extension Study to Evaluate Casimersen or Golodirsen in Patients With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe main objective of this study is to e...
ICER Document Reviews Effectiveness of 3 Duchenne MD TherapiesThe Institute for Clinical and Economic ...
Phase III Study of Edasalonexent in Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (PolarisDMD)The PolarisDMD study is a Phase 3, globa...
Nebivolol for the Prevention of Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction in Patients With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe objective is to determine whether ne...
Study of Ataluren in Previously Treated Participants With Nonsense Mutation Dystrophinopathy (nmDBMD)The objective of this study is to assess...
A Clinical Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of GSK2402968 in Subjects With Duchenne Muscular DystrophyThe purpose of this study is to determin...
Catabasis Pharmaceuticals Initiates Phase 3 PolarisDMD Clinical Trial For Edasalonexent In Duchenne Muscular Dystrop...Catabasis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clini...
Catabasis Quarterly: Updates on edasalonexent and clinical trialsHappy New Year! As 2019 kicks off, our P...
Sarepta Therapeutics Announces Positive Expression Results from the Casimersen (SRP-4045) Arm of the ESSENCE StudySarepta Therapeutics, Inc., the leader i...
Sarepta Therapeutics Completes Submission of New Drug Application Seeking Approval of Golodirsen (SRP-4053) in Patie...Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc., a leader in ...