Commonly the head of multi-disciplinary Duchenne healthcare teams.
When to contact a Duchenne trained neurologist:
– If you or your primary physician suspect Duchenne
– When you need a specialist to test for Duchenne
– To lead your multiple provider care
– Initiate genetic testing
The endocrine system is affected by chronic glucocorticosteroid use.
When to contact a Duchenne trained endocrinologist:
– When considering initiating or stopping use of steroids
– To regularly assess weight and height
– If weight gain has been difficult to control
– If onset of puberty is delayed
– To get input on bone health status and options